Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Cruel World (702)

Originally posted by IMDb
    Castiel continues to struggle with the burdens that come with his new-fangled power. The broken wall in Sam's head causes him to have hallucinations, and he has difficulty discerning what's real and what's not. Bobby worries that Dean is beginning to stumble under the weight of fighting Castiel and keeping an eye on Sam.
    Original Air Date 9/30/2011
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

I thought it was an excellent episode. I wonder what happened to Castiel? I hope that isn't the last we see of him. I liked how this episode left us hanging and wanting the next one!
    sigpic

Comment

Same here, a fantastic episode. Totally nerve racking throughout. I couldn't believe where it ended.

I thought it was a stroke of genius (well it is a Ben Edlund ep) having Cas disappear in the lake. Leaves open many possibilities for his return...or not as the case maybe.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
        Same here, a fantastic episode. Totally nerve racking throughout. I couldn't believe where it ended.

I thought it was a stroke of genius (well it is a Ben Edlund ep) having Cas disappear in the lake. Leaves open many possibilities for his return...or not as the case maybe.
        If SPN keeps up this level of awesomeness...I predict an 8th season!
        sigpic

Comment

Did anyone notice that everything has been back to back since the season finale? Our boys are having one crappy week

I loved this episode. I loved all the little bits that showed how Dean was grabbing for anything to just hang on. That phone call to Bobby after the fire- uh, my heart dropped. I liked all the bits with Sam and Dean: Dean being the worried big brother, Sammy trying to keep it together so Dean wouldn't worry about him. Little remnants of early seasons.

And it was awesome to see Sheriff Mills back, although it seemed kinda weird that Bobby didn't recognize her in that phone call. I can't wait until the boys get to the hospital. Speaking of which, I can't figure out why, but I loved how desperate it seemed when Dean called 9-1-1. He never does that. even when he does cave and go to a hospital, he never goes in an ambulance.

I didn't exactly pay much attention to the promo for next week (don't sic the hellhounds on me), so I guess I'll just be even more shocked and surprised by what they come up with!

Oh, and is next week Jensen's episode, or is that a little later?
          sigpic

Comment

What a great episode, full of non stop angst and mayhem! The sense of helplessness that pervaded this episode was a great touch. Where can Dean go from here?! Injured and helpless, all his touchstones have been taken in one move with Castiel's apparent demise, Bobby missing and Sam locked in his hellish memories. I just love how the boys get run through the wringer and seeing how they get out of it.

Watching Sam unravel is so well done, to be hopelessly locked in the nightmare, not knowing what is real. How do we know that what is happening and is to come in season 7 isn't playing out in Sam's head! This is SPN after all, there is always a great twist on things.

Comment

Bobbi is not dead but Castiel disintegrated in the water. I still think Cass will be back though.

Comment

I am bored of demonic possession in this series. Leviathan possession, Eve possession, Lucifer possession, angelic possession...

In the earlier seasons we had a much greater variety of monsters: ghouls, ghosts, vampires, werewolves, zombies, rakshasas, fairy tale creepery, dragons...

The makers of Supernatural need to sit down with a big bestiary and start imagining.

Comment

I only read the first line of each post since I haven't seen the ep yet. But it seems I have a good one to look forward to. Hope to catch up with you all by tomorrow night.

sigpic
                  Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by Tallifer View Post
                    I am bored of demonic possession in this series. Leviathan possession, Eve possession, Lucifer possession, angelic possession...

In the earlier seasons we had a much greater variety of monsters: ghouls, ghosts, vampires, werewolves, zombies, rakshasas, fairy tale creepery, dragons...

The makers of Supernatural need to sit down with a big bestiary and start imagining.
                    Yes, it would be nice to see some other beasties!
                    sigpic

Comment

I do miss a good old fashioned ghost hunt. The ghost episodes used to be the shows bread and butter.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Tallifer View Post

This was the second episode of season seven. It is just laying the ground for the episodes to come.

The monsters we had last season were Vampires, Dragons, Djinns, Fairies, Shapeshifters, Okamis, Skinwalkers, Arachne, a Phoenix and the Alphas; also mythological creatures like Godess of truth, Death and the Fates. Those were all creatures who liked like humans but were none, and none of them were possessing people.

Almost all beasts and monsters in Supernatural come in a human form, either at first or after an infection like a vampire bite or a touch (I'm, thinking of the Jefferson Starships here) or they can shift between the different form. Even the Wendigo was a human once.

So I don't see where your critic comes from. It's not as if the show has changed that much concerning this point over the years.

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                        I do miss a good old fashioned ghost hunt. The ghost episodes used to be the shows bread and butter.
                        Okay, must have a different approach to the show than I have. I like ghost hunts, but I don't really miss them because there are only so and so many kinds to kill a ghost and they had to get creative to not make it boring in season 3 already (I just saw bedtime stories).
                        The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post

Okay, must have a different approach to the show than I have. I like ghost hunts, but I don't really miss them because there are only so and so many kinds to kill a ghost and they had to get creative to not make it boring in season 3 already (I just saw bedtime stories).
                          Don't get me wrong. I love the mythology and the deeper story behind the show. That's my favorite thing about it.

But the Ghost episodes were the most well rounded alot of the time. They had the comedy, but more so they were the creepiest episodes. I found them a nice little break from the main story most of the time.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                          X