Things I learned from watching Sanctuary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things I learned from watching Sanctuary

This is a thread to point out the gaping logic holes in our favourite show. Examples:

1. Everyone speaks English, including underground societies isolated from the rest of humanity since before English existed.

2. The best place to keep top-secret and potentially dangerous or giant creatures is an old cathedral in the middle of a major city.

3. Don`t listen to forensic psychiatrists; they know nothing about crime.

4. Denim miniskirts are appropriate attire for hiking in the Nepalese mountains in search of an ancient vampire city.

Absolutly hilarious!

5. You can actually hide a Colt 1911 in your panties, and nobody will notice it before you take it off.

Comment

6. werewolves make good tech people
      sigpic

Comment

7. No one will notice Big Foot driving around with un-tinted windows in a large city.
        sigpic

Comment

8. You can be someone as famous as Nikola Tesla and, 60 years later, if you resurface after supposedly dying, no one will recognize you.
          Signature by Glitch33.
          sigpic
          Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

^9.Even when you literally introduce yourself as "Nikola Tesla".

10.When highly concentrated laser beams fail to penetrate a structure, simply bashing it with a rock should do the trick.

Comment

Haha, I love 4., it always annoyed me.

11. There will always be a Zimmerman at great historical events where Magnus is.

12. In the event of an apocalypse, styling your hair into a mullet seems like a good idea.

Comment

Lol so much at all of these, especially 8/9 and 12.

13. Providing a super convenient mode of transport makes up for a multitude of sins.

14. When discovering a sample of blood from the most dangerous species of Abnormal ever to walk the earth, the first thing you should do is inject yourself and all your friends with it, just to see what happens.

15. Never fly anywhere with Helen Magnus.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  16. Always bring your smartphone. Everywhere.
                  17. When thrown back in time with the intention of preserving history, the first thing you should do is yell and point a gun at people on a crowded street and head off on a loud violent chase.
                  18.Walking the backstreets of London requires a hardhat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackandal View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    16. Always bring your smartphone. Everywhere.
                    17. When thrown back in time with the intention of preserving history, the first thing you should do is yell and point a gun at people on a crowded street and head off on a loud violent chase.
                    18.Walking the backstreets of London requires a hardhat.
                    lol!!!

Comment

Lol at 14! I never thought about it like that.

19. Real estate deals are conducted very quickly in Old City, particularly when it involves large vacant lots.

Spoiler:
                      20. Hiding just around corners is an effective means of concealment when people (or past versions of yourself) walk past. They'll never see you. Peripheral vision doesn't matter.

21. Always keep on hand a bad-ass leather dress in case a future version of yourself travels back in time and needs to fit in with the era, but also look kick-ass.

Comment

Originally posted by lillypilly View Post
                        15. Never fly anywhere with Helen Magnus.
                        I hope a character, especially Henry, references this in a future episode.

Comment

As for 21,

Spoiler:
                          it should also allow your future self to move around swiftly and be able to kick your current (and her past) ex/lover's ass.

Spoiler:
                          Not only bring your smartphone everywhere, but also your ID and credit card.
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

23. Bigfoot makes excellent whiskey, and will share if you are hairy, scaly, or otherwise abnormal enough.
                            Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                            Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

24. Coming across a futuristic communication device such as a

Spoiler:
                              smart phone in 1898 is shocking and the technology seems intriguing and amazing,
                              however you are quickly disillusioned and revert back to telegrams in 2009.
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                              X