Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terra Nova Virtual Watch Party !!SPOILERS for Ep 1 & 2!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
    I just finished watching it on my DVR and I have to say, I'm really impressed. I did not expect to be even remotely impressed by this series given that A) Star Trek's Branon Braga is involved with it B) It involves time travel which at this point in time is an over-used plot device in sci-fi C) The story reminded me too much of Avatar. While I enjoyed Avatar as a sci-fi film the movie was a bit to preachy for my tastes and I didn't really want to watch a TV series that would be preachy to me like that on a weekly basis

But thankfully, even though in the beginning it was a LITTLE preachy, it seems that they toned it down for this which makes me happy. The visual effects are the best I've seen in a TV series since Battlestar Galactica. In other words, film quality! Characters are interesting, acting is good and the dinos were awesome. Okay, a question for all you dino experts: are these real dinosaurs we're seeing that actually DID exist or are they making stuff up? Also, does anybody know if we'll see some more familiar dinosaurs like the T-Rex or velociraptor (and not the over-sized JP ones but ones that are more proper-size)? The series really did have a bit of a Jurassic Park meets Avatar vibe to it but in a good way. The dinos sort of make the dinos in Jurassic Park look dated!

Anyway, I hope that regular episodes of the series keep up the pacing of the pilot and I hope that this is successful. If they keep this level of pacing then this is gonna be a wild series, and I can easily see this becoming the next Lost (in terms of popularity). I hope FOX doesn't make a bone-headed move like canceling Fringe over this though, because its still my favorite sci-fi show on TV.

Also, something I was thinking while watching this - obviously something happened to the dinosaurs years ago. Some say it was an asteroid colliding with earth...what's their plan for surviving that and any ice age?
    Carnatsaur is real. I'm not sure about the slasher though. I've read that some of the raptors could use their tails as spears.

Raptors range in size from little bitty fellows all the way up to monsters (Utah Raptor).

I'm hoping we'll see Troodon, compy's, Utah Raptor, hadrosaurs, and the like. If a Trex or other bid baddie shows up they'd probably need to kill at as there sonic weapons and fence aren't going to stop it.

Comment

Working...
    X