This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why we will NEVER get a Trek/Asgard transporter even if it is possible

The US government would NEVER allow it to be marketed. Why? It would put the automobile, airline, and hotel industries and all supporting industries out of business.

Case closed. :'(
    sigpic
    Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Those of us who are not controlled the US government will do our best not to show off with our fancy transporters. Ok, maybe a little showing off.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phinguyver View Post
      The US government would NEVER allow it to be marketed. Why? It would put the automobile, airline, and hotel industries and all supporting industries out of business.

Case closed. :'(
      By that logic the US should have never allowed the airline industry to flourish as it destroyed the train industry
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        By that logic the US should have never allowed the airline industry to flourish as it destroyed the train industry
        There are people who believe that there already is technology out there that could replace gas and oil for engines overnight, but it is being kept out of production because of lobbyists to OPEC and other entities. I am not one of these people, but if it is happening, I could see it also happening for the transporters.
        sigpic

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

There are people who believe that there already is technology out there that could replace gas and oil for engines overnight, but it is being kept out of production because of lobbyists to OPEC and other entities. I am not one of these people, but if it is happening, I could see it also happening for the transporters.
          I never have and never will subscribe conspiracy theories.
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I never have and never will subscribe conspiracy theories.
            Then the Mods have won. *Flies cantina flag at half mast*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
              Then the Mods have won. *Flies cantina flag at half mast*
              I will never let the mods win. I will die before that happens.
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Am I missing something? lol
                sigpic

Comment

Am I missing something? lol
                  Yes. For the sake of GW purity your thread is being annexed by the Cantina. Ukko read him his rights
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Actually it may change some business, but it will create others. The thing about the transporter is that it's also a copier.

However, wars will be fought over it if there is only one in existence.

Plus, with it being a copier it will have a huge effect on money based economies. Because if rare metals and precious minerals can be copied, they lose their value.

Comment

Yes. For the sake of GW purity your thread is being annexed by the Cantina. Ukko read him his rights
                      You will never take me alive.

PG ducks away from these strange oppressors and runs into the woods to regroup and think of a plan. Who were these Mods and what was this Cantina? He is overwhelmed by the thought that his life may have become much more complicated.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
                        Actually it may change some business, but it will create others. The thing about the transporter is that it's also a copier.

Plus, with it being a copier it will have a huge effect on money based economies. Because if rare metals and precious minerals can be copied, they lose their value.
                        Not much of a war when the guy with a transporter can make a bomb appear on your doorstep or beam the enemies into space.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post

Not to mention it could be used as a weapon itself. Problems with an enemy, but cant get a plane there to bomb them? No problem, just beam a nuke to their location.
                          sigpic

Comment

Phinguyver, under Cantina regulations and whatever laws we made up and have forgotten, you hereby have no rights, you are our property to do with as we will. It will be fun......for us. Your thread is now ours and will be used as a staging ground for our awesome drunken assaults on the land of Mod, or a place to store booze.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                              Phinguyver, under Cantina regulations and whatever laws we made up and have forgotten, you hereby have no rights, you are our property to do with as we will. It will be fun......for us. Your thread is now ours and will be used as a staging ground for our awesome drunken assaults on the land of Mod, or a place to store booze.
                              I suggest you let me join this Cantina movement. I can probably out drink most of you.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X