Sanctuary Season 4 Ratings Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
    Comcast took over NBC, their policies had Syfy cut all scripted shows to 13 eps. Don't try to read anything more into it.
    Do you have a link to their policy?

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
      Comcast took over NBC, their policies had Syfy cut all scripted shows to 13 eps. Don't try to read anything more into it.
      Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
      Do you have a link to their policy?
      At AT5 I asked Amanda why the change from 20 to 13. Bottom line was that she didn't even know. No one gave her a direct answer but her understanding was that it was because Comcast had taken over Syfy and wanted only 13 episodes.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Well, to be honest I think the 13 episodes per season works better for them than the 20 from last season. Didn't like much of the filler episodes back then but I have to admit that I would have preferred it if the season finale had been longer or a two-parter (as in; SFN I and a week later SFN II & SFN III) because some of that felt... not rushed per se but there were plenty of things they could have expanded on.
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I'd rather have 13 more solid ones than 20 where we get more date nights to fill up the time and space.

IMHO, MAD just can't pull out 20 episodes. Not without more people/stories/writers. I'd rather have less good than more drek
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            I'd rather have 13 more solid ones than 20 where we get more date nights to fill up the time and space.

IMHO, MAD just can't pull out 20 episodes. Not without more people/stories/writers. I'd rather have less good than more drek
            ...and they are aware of that. I remember AT saying that 13 is a comfortable number for them.
            "Are you like, a crazy person?"
            "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

yep, they're very smart to know their limitations, for lack of a better word.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yes, they are a pretty lean operation for tv. And I agree--no more date night eps.

Comment

Being from the UK I don't really understand the ratings and how this works. Do they take into account people who record the show or view it on-line, and how does this work with getting a series renewed? I am waiting on tenterhooks to find out if Sanctuary gets a series 5 and Alcatraz a series 2 (I think I've read that Grimm has been renewed, which I am very pleased about). Is there any news from the US about renewals and does anyone know when the news would be likely to be released? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tiernsee View Post
                    Being from the UK I don't really understand the ratings and how this works. Do they take into account people who record the show or view it on-line, and how does this work with getting a series renewed? I am waiting on tenterhooks to find out if Sanctuary gets a series 5 and Alcatraz a series 2 (I think I've read that Grimm has been renewed, which I am very pleased about). Is there any news from the US about renewals and does anyone know when the news would be likely to be released? Thanks
                    Ratings work pretty much the same everywhere. They take a 'random' sampling of people and give those interested a box to attached to their tv/cable. Demographic information of the residents is programed into said box (age, race, gender, socio-economic ststaus etc). When you watch a show you 'log on' to that box, and that information is complied.

Another way is diaries get sent out, and for a couple of weeks you keep track of who watches what.

People who have a box who time shift ARE taken into account.

Online viewing is noted, but doesn't affect renewal decisions.
                    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
                      Another way is diaries get sent out, and for a couple of weeks you keep track of who watches what.
                      When I did one of these I made sure I watched the Sanctuary season 4 reruns on SYFY just so I could put Sanctuary down.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Working...
                      X