• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neither Here Nor There (401)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON FOUR
    NEITHER HERE NOR THERE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 401

While the two universes initiate an uneasy alliance, Olivia partners with Lincoln Lee to search for a serial killer with translucent skin. Peter’s absence from the new timeline has repercussions for those who depended on him.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 20 June 2014, 01:29 PM.

Kind of a slow start, but definitely intriguing. I liked that we once again have a new intro.
    • I wonder why Alt-Olivia didn't comment on Our-Olivia finding Our-Lincoln.
    • fascinating that Peter still exists in some way, defying what the Observers believe possible
    • interesting choice by September in the end, too!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I love that Fringe is back. However, I did expect more screen time of Joe. He gets killed in what...the first 5 minutes. Other than that bit of disappointment...I loved it!

I love that Lincoln is in the fray again.

I loved Anna's duel roles...she's so good at both of them. I wonder why she didn't explain what was going on to Lincoln...as far as the parallel universes? When Altivia walked out...poor Lincoln had a WTF look on his face.

I felt sorry for Walter not wanting to leave the lab and freaking out every time Peter appeared. Then there's the lovely watchers...I wonder why the Observer dude didn't correct the timeline like he was supposed to? All in all...class A Fringeiness!
      sigpic

Comment

I was pretty underwhelmed. It was a good episode, but after the finale I was expecting a HUGE episode. I did like the parallels of the pilot though. I live how Lincoln was pulled into Fringe Division by his partner being killed like Olivia was by John being injured. Also how John's skin was turned transparent by the chemicals he was exposed to while the victims this time were turned transparent by the attacker. I wonder if that means anything in the long run. I feel it could have been better, but after the awesomeness of past seasons I fully expect the writers to make a lot of what happened worthwhile later this season.
        "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
        - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

yay season 4, I liked the episode, and noticed how Peter keep flashing into different scenes

Maybe those shapeshifters are from another universe or maybe just rebel shapeshifters ha

and the observer thing was interesting, since it wasn't really clear who he was erasing (whether it was trying to get rid of Peter again even though they tried that) maybe he was going to erase himself or something ha

I think he saw the church and maybe thought of faith and to stop trying to control everything and have faith it would work out

or maybe theres a more logical reason ha

Lincoln sure had a wtf face on ha

Comment

Good start, plenty to think about with what's going on with the watchers and how he didn't erase the man from Time that he was supposed to. Loved how we got split second flashes of Peter in the background, nice and weird!

I don't know if I'm confused or I missed something but the translucent woman at the end looked like the one Walter was examining and she came back in some form. I guess I'm hoping we'd see more of Joe F if this was the case, he could be out there somewhere in his new form!!!

Poor Walter, he really goes through the wringer sometimes, seeing Peter but not knowing who he is and freaking out.

Really love the meeting place idea for the alternate universe counterparts to come together and feel the hate and resentment each side has for the other! LOL!

Comment

Very good episode this week. Not as mind blowing (and mind twisting) as last season premiere, but still some great Fringe moment. This episode is probably is easier to get into for new viewers. Especially with Lincoln as the eyes of the new viewers.
              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I found it pretty 'meh' to be honest. Some interesting stuff here and there, but translucent skin people (the visual effect didn't work at all) was pretty underwhelming and the Lincoln storyline wasn't all that compelling either. I expect more later in the season, but that was a bit of a weak première in my view.

Comment

Overall, I really enjoyed the season premiere. I can't wait to watch it again soon, this time with my wife.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

my wife refuses to watch, says it's too gory

great to have Fringe back, felt like a mini reboot more than anything else.

could have sworn the girl at the end was also the girl Walter was doing an autopsy on....

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                      my wife refuses to watch, says it's too gory

great to have Fringe back, felt like a mini reboot more than anything else.

could have sworn the girl at the end was also the girl Walter was doing an autopsy on....
                      Glad I'm not the only one wondering about that!!!

Comment

My favorite part had to be the view from the "bridge" of both universes, one with an empty sky, the other with zeppellins. I guess i was hoping theyd be working together, just like that. Wrong.

And yet again, they throw us an episode that is so mysterious most of you dont even like it. Its another run of "itll make more sense after watching the rest of the season." This reminded me more of the beginning of the show, like we've seen it before. Clue?
                        When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

FYI: Do NOT try to watch this show if you're taking cold meds! Definitely have to watch it again to see if I saw what I thought I saw. I don't think the see-through skin people melted, right?

Anyway I found it nicely creepy and thoughtful. Kudos to Anna for the dual portrayals, finding just the right balance to keep the two Olivias separate entities. And man, did I jump when Walter saw 'that man', Peter when he was in bed. Noble is just genius in this role. Got chills from his shout out.

The Observers have me a bit confused but it's probably not their fault. I'm sure I'll like this episode even more once I see it with a clearer head.

Oy. Who catches a cold twice in a month.
                          MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                          sigpic
                          Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

This was even better the second time around. My wife seemed to really enjoy it too.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              This was even better the second time around. My wife seemed to really enjoy it too.
                              Buy the DVDs...because Fringe is also good the 3rd, 4th, 5th...etc. times as well!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X