Peacekeeper wars UK DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peacekeeper wars UK DVD

I'm thinking of getting Farscape on DVD soon. I've never seen it before so I'm reluctant to buy the definitive set (with Peacekeeper wars) and instead just start with Season 1 and buy more if I like it. Unfortunately I can't seem to find The Peacekeeper Wars on its own. Play.com and Tesco Direct don't even have it and Amazon just have a few used ones (the photos look like it was taken from the definitive set anyway). Does anyone know where I can/if I can buy it on its own? Can I buy it from another Region 2 country (in English) without paying loads to import it? I found it in Region 1, so does anyone know a region code hack for the Bush btvd31217s2

Also, whenever I've used eBay I've had a problem so I wanna avoid that option like the plague.
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
    I'm thinking of getting Farscape on DVD soon. I've never seen it before so I'm reluctant to buy the definitive set (with Peacekeeper wars) and instead just start with Season 1 and buy more if I like it. Unfortunately I can't seem to find The Peacekeeper Wars on its own. Play.com and Tesco Direct don't even have it and Amazon just have a few used ones (the photos look like it was taken from the definitive set anyway). Does anyone know where I can/if I can buy it on its own? Can I buy it from another Region 2 country (in English) without paying loads to import it? I found it in Region 1, so does anyone know a region code hack for the Bush btvd31217s2

Also, whenever I've used eBay I've had a problem so I wanna avoid that option like the plague.
    I would try http://www.alibris.com/, but do be careful if you do get each season individually from there because there was the Starburst set before the current one and other set before that. I did see some region 1 and one or two region 2 of Peacekeeper Wars on the site when I did a search. I do know that the current series boxset for, at least, region 1 does not come with Peacekeeper Wars other then the limited edition of about 5,000 which is the only to get all of Farscape, series and mini series, in a boxset for that region but I'm not sure if that's the case for other regions.

http://www.alibris.com/ is reliable because my mom has had no problems with them and someone on this forum suggested it a year or two ago when I was looking for out of print Stargate novels and that's I found out about the site.

I would say if you can find a way to rent season one then check it out that way and if find yourself liking the series then buy it.

In order to play other regions other then the region you are in you would need a region free DVD player.
    Last edited by planet_tv; 22 September 2011, 01:33 PM.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post

In order to play other regions other then the region you are in you would need a region free DVD player.
      No, you can do it with most DVD players. You look at a site like this one, type in your DVD model and it comes with a weird combination of buttons you can press on your remote that lets you change the region. I can't find a hack for my current DVD player but I've done it before with other DVD players. I think the manufacturers did it like this so they could easily sell them in other countries

Comment

I did a bit of checking online, and it seems the German version of Amazon has it with English dub included.

http://www.amazon.de/Farscape-Peacek.../dp/B000MAH45W

Not sure about costs for postage. Your best best is probably Ebay but as you don't like it, I'd consider looking into alternate sources that will let you watch a few episodes before you actively attempt to buy the DVDs. If you're able to at least watch part of season 1, it may be enough to tempt you into getting the complete, although judging a series on it's first season alone is dubious at best but I think it definitely picks up.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'm gonna wait until I've finished SGA S5 as I've recently bought that. Then I think I'm gonna buy each season individually as that works out cheaper than the definitive set as long as I can find Peacekeeper Wars for less than £8. I'll probably end up risking an ebay purchase (though there's one there currently for £250 ) or I'll import it from Germany.

When I get it, I'll probably start a "My First Time Through Farscape" thread.

Comment

When I get it, I'll probably start a "My First Time Through Farscape" thread.
            Thats frellin drad
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Thats frellin drad
              *looks up Farscape swear words*..... ok cool

Comment

*looks up Farscape swear words*..... ok cool
                Not all of the Farscape is lingo is profanity.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I got the peacekeeper war DVD out at our local library - I did not realize it was the end of the series.
                  It was awesome.
                  Is it worth it to go back and see the rest of the series? Or do you think it will be anti-climactic?

Comment

Originally posted by michelle888 View Post
                    I got the peacekeeper war DVD out at our local library - I did not realize it was the end of the series.
                    It was awesome.
                    Is it worth it to go back and see the rest of the series? Or do you think it will be anti-climactic?
                    Definitely worth seeing, IMHO. I mean, having seen the series and mini-series several times over, it just keeps getting better after each viewing. Granted that the series isn't perfect, but, IMHO, it's one of the best sci-fi shows ever made. So, yeah, worth watching.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X