Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe they shortened it from Whostein or Whostenheimer.
    sigpic
    Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Or Whoburger or just Whoover.
      I like Sharky
      sigpic

Comment

I was born during the 'reign' of the the third doctor (Jon Pertwee), but I never watched any Doctor Who eps earlier, frankly speaking I never saw them on TV and I became aware of DW only in the last few years - and only on the last 2 months I watched all episodes of the 9th, the 10th and started with the 11th - so I am rather new to the DW world
        Grimm returns October 24
        sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
        Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
          Doctor Who is a show that has been around for generations, so who was the Doctor when you were born? I was born in 1967 so Patrick Troughton was playing the role when I was born, however the first Doctor I watched was the 4th, Tom Baker.

The Doctors

1. William Hartnell 1963-1966
          1.5. Peter Cushing 1965-1966 (Dalek feature films)
          2. Patrick Troughton 1966-1969
          3. Jon Pertwee 1970-1974
          4. Tom Baker 1974-1981
          5. Peter Davison 1981-1984
          6. Colin Baker 1984-1986
          7. Sylvester McCoy 1987-1989 & 1996
          8. Paul McGann 1996
          9. Christopher Eccleston 2005
          10. David Tennant 2005-2010
          11. Matt Smith 2010-Present.

Okay, dates added.
          William Hartnell for me.

I contest your dates however. Because of the officially licensed Virgin New Adventures and the BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures as well as the officially licensed Big Finish radio plays, Sylvester McCoy could be said to remain the Doctor through all of 1989-1996, Paul McGann through all of 1996-2005. It works for me anyways. More chances for you young fanatics to have Whovian birthdates.

Comment

I was born towards the end of Tom's reign... but to me, Peter was my first Doctor.

I think Logopolis would have aired here in Australia circa mid 1982... at which point I would have been 5 and a half... Although I'd have been watching avidly before that, as indicated in the Day of the Daleks featurette, memory is fickle before 5...
            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
            and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
              I was born towards the end of Tom's reign... but to me, Peter was my first Doctor.

I think Logopolis would have aired here in Australia circa mid 1982... at which point I would have been 5 and a half... Although I'd have been watching avidly before that, as indicated in the Day of the Daleks featurette, memory is fickle before 5...
              Tom Baker will always be my favourite Doctor. He's the one I grew up with between 1975 - 1982, and through various repeats of episodes. It's a pity today's stories were not written then. I wonder how the 4th Doctor would have coped with all the enemies of season 5 and 6.
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I wonder how the 4th Doctor would have coped with all the enemies of season 5 and 6.
                With style, old boy, with style. 4thDoctorB.gif
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
                  With style, old boy, with style. [ATTACH=CONFIG]32379[/ATTACH]
                  I know........Tom Doc was cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                    I wonder how the 4th Doctor would have coped with all the enemies of season 5 and 6.
                    It might be more fun to see how they would cope with him.
                    I like Sharky
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                      It might be more fun to see how they would cope with him.
                      Definitely.....

Comment

You just know that he would have offered the Silence a jelly baby.
                        sigpic

Comment

I think the real question is, how popular would old Docs be with modern magics...

I have hated Matt Smith's era (for its stories)... so I cringe at the idea of Tom having them to deal with... Frankly, I think he would have been doing more than his usual swearing at writers and throwing scripts across the room...
                          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                          and lots more!

Comment

That's hard to say, it's seems to me that some of the newer fans think that to have an actor older than 40 play the Doctor would be a turn-off. I would love to see an older actor in the role again, but if that were to come to pass, I'm sure that many of the younger viewers would tune out. Sadly things aren't as they once were in that respect.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                              I think the real question is, how popular would old Docs be with modern magics...

I have hated Matt Smith's era (for its stories)... so I cringe at the idea of Tom having them to deal with... Frankly, I think he would have been doing more than his usual swearing at writers and throwing scripts across the room...
                              I know about his swearing and famous tantrums. But what I meant by my comment was the character not the actor, having to deal with the events of the last 2 series.

Comment

I've been campaigning on YouTube for Julian Richings to be the 12th Doctor... (not sure if I can hotlink to YouTube here... but if you google "The 12th Doctor Who", you'll see it...)

But yes, 2/3 people have turned their nose up at the idea... with many youngun's saying the Doctor only gets younger with each regeneration... (And the fact that means he'll end up in nappys has meant little)
                                and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                                X