Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your opinion of Claudia's role in the team /show? ( Spoilers S3 )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact remains she is a minor character. Just because they have a lot of screen time doesn't make them a leading character. She only gets a lot of screen time because she's the favorite character. She's just a minor character with a lot of screen time.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
      Can someone explain how Claudia is a minor character?
      She started out as one, but she's not longer a minor character...

Minor characters are the people in a story who are not the main point of the story (for instance, not the person who the story is happening TO), but still interact with or grab the attention of those main characters. For example in the Harry Potter series of books - Argus Filch (the caretaker of Hogwarts) or the Gryffindor Ghost Nearly Headless Nick (or the barmaid Rosmerta at The Three Broomsticks, or the lady who pushes the lunch trolley on the Hogwarts Express)...I'm sure you get the point.
      sigpic

Comment

Oh you mean like Suzanne Summers or Farah Fawcett!

Okay. I get ya.

The more attention and screen time they receive means they're more of a star than the people who actually have credits of a starring role.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I wouldn't call Leena a minor character with her name in the main credits.
          Considering how much air time Leena's had (and I know it's mostly due to her past pregnancy) she's very much, imho, a minor character. I would imagine her name being in the opening credits has more to do with her agent's negotiating skills than how often she's on screen as a "major" character. I happen to love Leena and hope that next year she'll get more air time. Then she'll be more of a main/major character to me than she is a minor character.
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
            Considering how much air time Leena's had (and I know it's mostly due to her past pregnancy) she's very much, imho, a minor character. I would imagine her name being in the opening credits has more to do with her agent's negotiating skills than how often she's on screen as a "major" character. I happen to love Leena and hope that next year she'll get more air time. Then she'll be more of a main/major character to me than she is a minor character.
            I was talking more in legality terms of major/recurring characters then screentime.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
              The fact remains she is a minor character. Just because they have a lot of screen time doesn't make them a leading character. She only gets a lot of screen time because she's the favorite character. She's just a minor character with a lot of screen time.
              I'm confused...isn't the "author's" favorite character by that very nature of favoritism the main character? What kind of person would write about main characters that they don't like and only give minor roles to characters that they do like to write? Isn't that the point of writing? Writing protagonists who you like? Isn't a Main Character by default one of the author's favorite characters?
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                I'm confused...isn't the "author's" favorite character by that very nature of favoritism the main character? What kind of person would write about main characters that they don't like and only give minor roles to characters that they do like to write? Isn't that the point of writing? Writing protagonists who you like? Isn't a Main Character by default one of the author's favorite characters?
                Sounds logical to me...but I know what GG will say about logic.
                sigpic

Comment

I love Claudia and feel she fits in well with the team and on the show. Glad she got to get more out of the Warehouse this past season.
                  sigpic

Comment

She will always be my favorite character , I think she is great, but I hope she can win back that regents and Mrs Frederick they must be so mad at her for what she did
                    sigpic
                    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                      She will always be my favorite character , I think she is great, but I hope she can win back that regents and Mrs Frederick they must be so mad at her for what she did
                      She needs some substance....and yes I'll say it...she needs to grow up some. Can't play the young lost kid for much longer. Hopefully this new development will lead to that.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                        She needs some substance....and yes I'll say it...she needs to grow up some. Can't play the young lost kid for much longer. Hopefully this new development will lead to that.
                        I'm really intrigued to see where they go with her this season.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                          I'm really intrigued to see where they go with her this season.
                          I know...this should be an interesting season.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X