The ULTIMATE Stargate fish tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ULTIMATE Stargate fish tank

I am going to set up a fish tank before too long, and I decided to make it a Stargate themed tank. I've had several tanks over the years, so I decided this one would be unique. I found this website for a company that makes custom ornamentation.

http://www.naturalcreations.com/AquariumDecor.htm

Here is the email I sent them:

Hello. I would like to have a tank with a theme from the Stargate SG1 TV show. It will be in a 55 gallon tank. The pics I have enclosed show it. Gate 1 shows the color scheme and the markings.. Gate2 shows the stairway that leads up to it. The gate, I would like to be 8-9 inches tall.

I would like the 7 lights that will be visible on the gate above the stairway to light up in red, one at a time, and once the 7th one is lit, I would like a woosh of bubbles to come out from under the stairway. I would also like 1 red light to be on under the dome on the DHD.

The Gate 2 pic shows the size a human should be in scale to the gate. The DHD should be about waist level to a person. (see DHD Gate for scale) I would also like columns and ruins both Greek and Egyptian, also in scale to the gate and what a human would be.

Please let me know..I'm itching to start this aquarium!

Thanks!

what do you guys think?
    sigpic
    Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

This sounds really amazing!!! Especially the kawoosh of bubbles!!!! Your fish are gonna love it Upload pics if you manage to do it, I would love to see it!
    sigpic
    Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
    'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
    : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
    I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
    Indeed

Comment

Will do..its a little ways off though. But, its good to have a plan! I'll also let you know when I get the quote of how much it will cost
      sigpic

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

A Stargate fish tank sounds so great. My fish would love something like that.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

yeah, I bet it will cost quite a lot! :{ But it's worth it You could reinact episodes with your fish hahaha! ;D
          FifthMan: Too bad I don't have any fish
          sigpic
          I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
          Indeed

Comment

Well if you want to set a tank up, let me know. I've always had good success with them. And, one to remember about them...bigger is better...and easier. lol
            sigpic

Comment

lol, I had two fish once, but i got bored of them (I was only 6 ) but I don't think I'll be getting any pets in the near future xx
              sigpic
              Indeed

Comment

I just came up with a BRILLIANT idea. It will take a 100 gallon fish tank though. Stargate on the right, and the broken down Alexandria lighthouse on the left, broken and on its side, but with the beacon still functioning.

Also, I talked to the guy at the website today. Seems someone else has also called about this idea with some VERY creative ideas about how to light the gate up. I'm anxious to see this come together.

The 100 gallon tank will have to be a fresh water tank though.
                sigpic

Comment

That's really creative! Love the idea. I was never much of a fish person but that might change...
                  Since I'm in college, I'm in a dorm, and therefore I can't have a pet.. except for a fish (or fish, plural). I can have up to a 25 gallon tank but I kind of doubt that would fit in my room..! I only have half the bedroom after all.

I'm thinking of getting a relatively small tank and a betta. Probably a male, since they're more colourful. If I can I want to get a small ring decoration to sit on the bottom and it could be my fish's "Stargate" of sorts.

My roommates are great people but I really want a pet. I grew up with at least one dog, and then a couple hermit crabs, and at one point a parakeet, in my life. So a fish it is.

Comment

Be careful with toys. Chemicals can be harmful to fish. This guy I've been talking to is making it out of lava pumice which is natural.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, of course I'd get it from a pet store.. But yeah, I'm definitely doing my research before I hit the store. I've been doing quite a bit already, talking to Betta owners, that sort of thing. I look forward to it though.

Comment

Still no reply back from that company about doing the gate.

EDIT..I'm thinking this for the tank with the SG1 gate...even though its from Atlantis, it looks cool

Attached Files
                        Last edited by Phinguyver; 18 October 2011, 03:30 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

That would look cool! Or the look from SG-1's Window of oppurtunity, with the podiums like in the pic above
                          sigpic
                          Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by Phinguyver View Post
                            Still no reply back from that company about doing the gate.
                            This would be very cool. My kids would love one of these each for their tanks. Please let us know if you do hear back and what the pricing would be.

Comment

Was thinking of a Stargate atlantis under a dome with air that bubbles on a timer and weighted down

Comment

Working...
                              X