This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torri/Weir Central SPOILERS for any and all episodes

I thought I'd start this thread for Weir and the actress who portrays her Torri Higginson. I really like Weir, I like how she's growing as a character though I wish they'd give her more to do and develop her a bit more as I'm sure Torri is capable of it. I'm holding out hope for that in season 2.

Anyways as a fan of Torri and a fan of Weir I thought I'd start this thread for like minded people. Discussion is welcome but please don't flame the actress. This thread is for fans of the character, the actress or both.

Lucy

I second that.
    From the start I liked her interactions with McKay but wasn't too bothered about the character, I thought she was good enough but there wasn't much to her apart from the strong leader perspective. But now after some Weir centred episodes and stronger role in later half of the season (sort of starting at episode 9 I reckon) I'm quite happy with the character and want to see her more developed next season.

I've never seen Torri in anything else but she seems like a very cool person from her interviews - like on the Lowdown and a few other video clips that are around. Would be cool to se a pic of her with the purpley hair she once had!

Comment

Well, this was a pleasant surprise to see. I've always liked Elizabeth Weir from the beginning, even though her character was a bit bland, but so far I think they are doing a good job in developing her character.

I'd love to share more of my appreication for the woman, but work calls.
      ~Athena

Comment

*bounces in*

Torri!Squee!

I *heart* Torri and I *heart* Lizzie.

Torri just rocks (even if she is misguided and thinks that friends and I are adorable... *looks lost and confused*)

And I would stay and be fangirly more, but I have a very long drive ahead of me, and have yet to pack for the weekend - oopsies? Anyone know the weather forecast for London tomorrow? *g*
        It's All Teryl's Fault!

"To every story there is an end. And a beginning."
        Stargate SG-1: Chrysalis
        Virtual Season 7.5

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
          Well, this was a pleasant surprise to see. I've always liked Elizabeth Weir from the beginning, even though her character was a bit bland, but so far I think they are doing a good job in developing her character.

I'd love to share more of my appreication for the woman, but work calls.
          I love Weir, she's brilliant. Good to see a thread up for her!

Comment

Glad to see Torri get her own thread! I haven't seen Torri in anything prior to SGA and must admit I wasn't too sure about her at the beginning.

But she has shown grit, determination, and vulnerability and can't wait to see what is in store for future episodes.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Yay, a thread for Torri!

Weir is my favorite character on the show, and in every episode I'm more and more impressed by her. And since I was skeptical about Steen!Weir, I'm absolutely in love with Higginson's portrayal of her. She's just so calm and collected in the face of things that are absolutely beyond her control.

Of course, I'm also amused by the fact that her hair's never the same from episode to episode.
              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
              Last update: 14 April 2006
              Melyanna's Multimedia
              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Awh, I love her ever changing hair Peppermint?

Seriously, I love Torri and Elizabeth. I love how she squares her shoulders when she's about to face something she knows is way over her head.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                  Yay, a thread for Torri!

Weir is my favorite character on the show, and in every episode I'm more and more impressed by her. And since I was skeptical about Steen!Weir, I'm absolutely in love with Higginson's portrayal of her. She's just so calm and collected in the face of things that are absolutely beyond her control.

Of course, I'm also amused by the fact that her hair's never the same from episode to episode.
                  A good pair of hair irons can increase the versatility of hair styling. You can straighten your hair and use them to curl. I hope she bought her US/Ancient electrical adaptor with her, and they're not gas powered.

Weir is a great character, and Torri does a great job. Her performance on Before I Sleep was exceptional. Weir was also great in Hot Zone. I would have bawled out Sheppard, but she handled him really well, no shouting, giving him the strokes for his good call, but making it clear that he'd better behave. Great stuff.
                  Last edited by astronomicalchick; 28 January 2005, 07:48 AM. Reason: For a rather unfortunate typo that no-one seemed to notice... just as well..

Comment

I love Weir too! And I hope to meet Torri at a convention some day. Since we're all here - does anyone know where I can find some pictures of Torri? I'm looking for a particular photo shoot, from 2004 I believe. She's wearing Jeans, a light blue top and in one shot, she has her dog with her. Anyone know what I mean and where I can find the pictures in fairly decent quality?

And I love her hair too. Especially in curly mode.

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                    it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                    It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                    And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

i actually really liked her character from the very beginning! now i'm usually not a stickler for females on shows like this *heehee* but i have to say stargate has more female characters that i like than any other show, and i really like Weir.

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                      Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                      Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
                        I love Weir too! And I hope to meet Torri at a convention some day. Since we're all here - does anyone know where I can find some pictures of Torri? I'm looking for a particular photo shoot, from 2004 I believe. She's wearing Jeans, a light blue top and in one shot, she has her dog with her. Anyone know what I mean and where I can find the pictures in fairly decent quality?

And I love her hair too. Especially in curly mode.
                        Have you tried looking at http://torrihigginson.info ?

Comment

Ah! That was the site! Thank you very much!

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                          it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                          It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                          And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Originally posted by Vicki
                            I *heart* Lizzie.
                            Do you reckon she'd like being called Lizzie?
                            Maybe it's just me reading too many fanfics where she hates that nickname but it makes me wonder, none of the characters on the show have tried to so far.
                            Reckon anyone will ever attempt to?

Though she is sort of detached considering she's leader, poor Elizabeth but that can't last forever can it?

Comment

You know one of the gripes my SG1 housemate ha about her is that he thinks she's too like Ripley from Alien.
                              I admit i can see the similarities, strong female role and also that Torri does sort of look like Sigourney Weaver at some angles.
                              But it's not like they copied the character at all and so I can't see his problem.

Also anyone got an opinion on something from recent episodes (spoilers for Letters from Pegasus, The Gift and Seige part 1)
                              Spoiler:
                              Why do you think Weir is suddenly using alot of eyeliner? There's also its fluctuations in The Gift, like it changes to being alot stronger, retouched - happening to be stronger in the scenes with McKay. This being so ever since she effectively dumped Simon. A friend and I were wondering if it might be a makeup department conspiracy, some secret McWeir shippers in it but we are hopeful shippers...

But anyway, she also seems to have lots of eyeliner in the Seige and were wondering if its the whole thing of makeup like warpaint, making a mask of strength as the situation with Wraith gets serious. Anyone else think this?

Comment

Working...
                              X