This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torri Higginson vs. Michelle Morgan

Did it bother you that Michelle Morgan, preciously FRAN from "Be All My Sins Remember'd," was walking around as if she were Elizabeth Weir? It certainly bothered me. It would have been far more effective if Torri Higginson had returned (I understand why she didn't), and it would have made the ending all the more bitter. Since Weir doesn't look like Weir, it's almost as if that makes it OK for the expedition to treat her as they did. Granted, it also works in the episode's benefit... is she really Elizabeth Weir?

The bottom line is... if they couldn't have gotten Higginson back, I'd rather have done without the episode.

Of course Morgan =/= Higginson. They totally butchered the Weir story line and their attempts to revive it and wrap it up for us were mediocre at best. If anything the resolution in this episode reflected the way Torri was treated during the process of writing her out of the show.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
      They totally butchered the Weir story line
      I disagree. I was enjoying it right up to "Ghost in the Machine." I enjoyed the Asuran-Weir storyline in Season 4, I just didn't like how they ended it in Season 5.

and their attempts to revive it and wrap it up for us were mediocre at best.
      Were they? I liked "This Mortal Coil," it was great, tragic, and had a Twilight Zone feel to it. The cameo at the end of "Be All My Sins Remember'd" felt like the writers were planning this big story, but then Season 4 ended, and I realized the writers never capitalized on this. When we finally got the follow up in "Ghost in the Machine," it was just a big disappointment.

If anything the resolution in this episode reflected the way Torri was treated during the process of writing her out of the show.
      Was it? If Torri was that unhappy with being written out, she wouldn't have agreed to a recurring role in the fourth season. If anything, they'd have killed her off in "Adrift," and that would have been it. Interviews suggest she liked the new recurring role in the fourth season. It was simply the script for "Ghost in the Machine" that she didn't like, largely because she didn't like the whole aspect of "Is it Weir, or is she not?" I gather she either wanted to return as Elizabeth Weir straight up or not at all.

Comment

It seems everyone doesn't like Michelle Morgan as Weir. Although I agree I liked Higginson better and I do miss her, I think their explanation flowed well and is plausible. I had no problem accepting the fact that Weir 'looked different'.

Comment

Working...
        X