• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please bear with the tweaking.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm afraid I preferred it as it was. To me, placing the season 4 stuff makes it harder to see quickly if there's anything new. Too many layers to flip through. I also don't like that you closed the old twitter and reviews/articles threads. I personally thought they should have been separate topics.

Comment

i wanted to say thank you for the restructuring of the folders. it really helps!
        sally

sigpic

Comment

I find it much easier to work with as well. Although I would still like a separate character subforum
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I've gotten a little used to the changes, but I'd still like to see the old twitter thread reopened. The old thread was not limited to show news but also included off-topic posts. The new thread does not seem to receive very many posts, while most of the Twitter/FB posts are scattered around various threads in the forum.

Comment

The new thread is open to ANY twitter pertaining to the show. I can make a thread, I can't make people use it.

As to other tweaks, keep those ideas written down somewhere, but if we tweak things more it'll be when/if we get a season 5, then we can revisit and see if there is a need for anything else.

There is the simple fact that no matter what we do, someone won't like it. For every person that wants C&R on its own there are others that will complain about how fragmented things are and how much they hate it. Same with anything. So, ultimately, what we'll do/not do is what a majority prefers.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Ok, all I'm saying is that it seems to me that the amount of twitter that have been forwarded to the centralized location has dropped considerably. I personally don't see the need for closing the old TW/FB thread if that was where people were posting all the messages, and then reposting the more important ones to the news thread.

As it is now, I think most people only use the news thread for the most important messages while the less important ones don't have anywhere central to go. For instance, AT has recently been tweeting at the cons down under. In the past, these would have shown up in the "DK/others FB/TW updates" thread. I have only seen them in the AT discussion threads.

Comment

I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but I'd like to ask if anybody else has noticed the lack of twitter messages that have been posted to the centralized thread. I personally don't see very many. It wasn't this way before the changes happened.

I avoid FB and TW as much as possible, so I appreciate seeing the messages forwarded to a central location.

Comment

i haven't noticed, *because* i'm on twitter and facebook

but i'm only on them for sanct (and stargate) related stuff.
                    Last edited by majorsal; 22 November 2011, 08:51 PM.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Keep it simple, folks. Under the SciFi Stream section, you've got the Sanctuary folder for series-wide discussions. There really only need be five folders, really. Have a folder for discussing each season, then a fifth folder for discussing upcoming episodes. As they air, move the threads to the Season 4 folder. Simple, no?

Comment

Originally posted by wurlitzer153 View Post
                        I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but I'd like to ask if anybody else has noticed the lack of twitter messages that have been posted to the centralized thread. I personally don't see very many. It wasn't this way before the changes happened.

I avoid FB and TW as much as possible, so I appreciate seeing the messages forwarded to a central location.
                        I think the lack of twitter messages is because there's a lack of twitter messages
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                          I think the lack of twitter messages is because there's a lack of twitter messages
                          Actually, there are plenty of twitter messages from Gillian Horvath, Damian Kindler, Robert Lawrenson et al. They're just not being posted here.
                          I never think about copying them for here as someone always beat me to it before when there was a separate thread for tweets.

I'll try to remember to post them here when I see someone from Sanctuary tweeting.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                            Actually, there are plenty of twitter messages from Gillian Horvath, Damian Kindler, Robert Lawrenson et al. They're just not being posted here.
                            I never think about copying them for here as someone always beat me to it before when there was a separate thread for tweets.

I'll try to remember to post them here when I see someone from Sanctuary tweeting.
                            That's exactly what I've been trying to say. The other thing is that I'm not happy that the old thread has dropped down out of sight, never to be seen again.

Comment

Working...
                            X