This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The This Network Showing SG1 and Movies

Has this (no pun intended) been mentioned? I would think it should be a sticky. People were posting about Hulu dropping it. Searching was hampered by the commonness of the stupid name. Mind you, I'm denouncing This, not endorsing it, because they run their identification imprint constantly. I wouldn't rewatch SG1 with imprints, especially as it began without them, but I could catch the movies. They appear to be at the end of the series, so for those who couldn't do the SG1 S1 rewatch, This might start over and you could join the rewatch in progress - if you're willing to put up with the imprint. Eventually I will stop watching all tv with constant imprints. But maybe I'll drop dead first. If no one at this site knows about This without looking it up, I think that is pathetic, and cable and/or satellite cords badly need cutting.

I was right. The This network will run SG1 again, beginning Sep. 24, 9pm. Check something called titantv.com. Unfortunately, This runs not only id imprints but also defacing ads during the film so I didn't bother catching the movies. Too bad people have become so selfish.

Comment

You could always buy the movies? Of course something posted on the internet will have such things in order to legally show them. Companies need to make money somehow, don't they?

In any case, it was very hard for me to discern what you meant by "This" - I would assume it's a TV series streaming site? I don't know what it is because I buy DVDs of shows I like. I don't watch TV nor do I watch series over the internet. [My internet plan is horrible and I like DVDs more anyway].

By DVDs I mean Blu-rays as well.

EDIT:
      But it's good to know in terms of the re-watch as people intending to watch the whole series might not be up to buying all of the box sets/the Portal Collection in addition to movies.

Comment

The "This" TV network is partially owned by MGM.

They run 2 SG1 episodes every Sunday night, one at 9pm and the other at 10pm EST.
        I am watching "Unending" right now so it would make sense that they are starting from the begining next week - though I think the date is 9/25.

This TV is a free digital network - one should get it even on basic cable.

Comment

Working...
        X