This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Favourite Series Period?

Right, this is his this poll will work, the three options you have to choose from are:
    Old Who (Pre 2005)
    Russel T Davies Era (2005 - 2010)
    Steven Moffat Era (2010 - Present)
    Love Them All!

The question... Which series period is your favourite and why?
    Id have to say my favourite would be the Moffat era we have now, with Davies era coming a close second...
    I havent really seen much old Who, thats why Ive put that last, I dont know enough about it.
    Davies era was good, but theres just something about Doctor Who since Moffat took over, it just seems so much bigger, and better! It doesnt feel like Im watching a BBC show when I watch series 5 and 6, and also Matt, Karen and Arthur are great! There were some aspects of the Davies era which I like very much like Christopher Eccleston, the introduction of Jack, and David Tennant, but some things got used a bit too much, like Rose. I also like the big story arcs, brings so much discussion and speculation to the series.

So, what are your views? What era do you like best?
    Old Who (Pre 2005)
    19.23%
    Russell T Davies Era (2005 - 2010)
    26.92%
    Steven Moffat Era (2010 - Present)
    26.92%
    Love Them All
    26.92%
    Last edited by Teddybrown; 10 September 2011, 02:16 AM.

Steven Moffat Era
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

All.
      Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

I went for Moffatt. Although I should point out that there were other producers of Old Who which changed the tone of the show just as much as RTD and Moff.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I prefer the Moff era too. My views pretty much echo yours Teddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
            All.
            Damn, I knew I should have had an option for all, how do you edit a poll when its been put up?
            EDIT: Ive asked for all to be added to the list!

Comment

All. Been watching for so long (I started with 2nd) that it has been a part of every stage of my life so I couldn't possibly choose just one era. I love them all for different reasons.
              sigpic

Comment

Ah good, my request for All got answered =)
                The reason I split them into those 3 is because I dont really know much about old Who and who worked on it, and the other 2 are obviously under different leadership (Davies and Moffat)

Comment

Tom Baker is my favorite series, but I've also enjoyed the modern era too.

Comment

LOVE THEM ALL! I'm a Doctor Who fan and end of discussion. None of that "NuWho" / "Old Who" crap from me. I see that terminology and it leaves me cold.

It is just Doctor Who - One adventure. One TARDIS. One Doctor (11 Faces). Many Companions. 50 Great years.
                    Last edited by Alan; 10 September 2011, 10:02 AM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                      Ah good, my request for All got answered =)
                      The reason I split them into those 3 is because I dont really know much about old Who and who worked on it, and the other 2 are obviously under different leadership (Davies and Moffat)
                      I agree that they are certainly distinguishable. Really different feel, I think.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                        LOVE THEM ALL! I'm a Doctor Who fan and end of discussion. None of that "NuWho" / "Old Who" crap from me. I see that terminology and it leaves me cold.

It is just Doctor Who - One adventure. One TARDIS. One Doctor (11 Faces). Many Companions. 50 Great years.
                        I certainly agree with you there!
                        I wasnt trying to distingusih Old Who from New Who, just needed some separation points, and as I dont know much about Old Who, there wasnt much point in me trying to split it and getting it all wrong.
                        The poll isnt really asking which one is best, they are all good, more asking along the lines of which is your favourite era.
                        I really need to watch some of the Old Who stuff! Some of the episodes sound really good, but I dont know if Id be able to sit through it, I can never watch old television shows...

Comment

I like them all, but I like the classic series the best as Tom Baker is still my favorite Doctor.
                          sigpic
                          Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

"Old Who" is awfully blanket and doesn't really do justice to the producers of the show's first run.

1963-65 -- Verity Lambert
                            1965-66 -- John Wiles
                            1966-68 -- Innes Lloyd
                            1968-69 -- Peter Bryant
                            1969-70 -- Derrick Sherwin
                            1970-81 -- Barry Letts
                            1981-89 -- John Nathan-Turner
                            1996 -- Philip Segal
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              "Old Who" is awfully blanket and doesn't really do justice to the producers of the show's first run.

1963-65 -- Verity Lambert
                              1965-66 -- John Wiles
                              1966-68 -- Innes Lloyd
                              1968-69 -- Peter Bryant
                              1969-70 -- Derrick Sherwin
                              1970-81 -- Barry Letts
                              1981-89 -- John Nathan-Turner
                              1996 -- Philip Segal
                              Amen to that! Green!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Working...
                              X