This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate - Revolution Petition ?

So, it looks like to many of our dismay this Stargate Film is extremely unlikely to me be made, I don't know how the rest of you feel about this, but personally i'm mega disappointed. I was really looking forward to this, and it sucks to hear it most likely will not happen.

It got me thinking though, is there anything we can do to change this? To increase the likelihood of this film being made? I know it's a long shot but do you guys think if we started a petition we could get enough names on it to sway the studio and convince them to make it?

Sorry. But not a chance. It's already been tried and nothing came of it.

I would love to see the movie made, but the chances of that succeeding are about as good as Wiley Coyote actually catching the Roadrunner.

Comment

Originally posted by phelix View Post
      So, it looks like to many of our dismay this Stargate Film is extremely unlikely to me be made, I don't know how the rest of you feel about this, but personally i'm mega disappointed. I was really looking forward to this, and it sucks to hear it most likely will not happen.

It got me thinking though, is there anything we can do to change this? To increase the likelihood of this film being made? I know it's a long shot but do you guys think if we started a petition we could get enough names on it to sway the studio and convince them to make it?
      i don't know what we could do, other than let mgm know we're still interested. i tweet to mgm (on twitter) everyday, but i'm just one person doing this, and i think it would need thousands...

but i also feel there's still this chance of something happening in the future. i can't help feeling that brad wright hasn't given up...
      sally

sigpic

Comment

This has been covered in many other threads, at least in principle. The sets, costumes and props have been sold, the cast have all moved on to other jobs. Whilst the showrunner may have good intentions, "the money" has no interest at all. So unless they can be persuaded to change their minds (good luck with that) or (perhaps) to sell the property to someone who is interested, including rebuilding all sets etc.) it's not going to happen.

Comment

So a petition has already been attempted? How many signatures were on it in the end?

Comment

It sux da big one that neither Revelations or Extinction are going to be made for many years...probably never. HEY! Lets petition that it be put in novel form!!!! They could do that! Revelations and Extinction as books. And it could still be made into a movie at some point. Why the heck have they not? *Sips Margarita*
            Last edited by Gormagon; 03 September 2011, 02:19 PM.
            sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Originally posted by Gormagon View Post
              It sux da big one that neither Revelations or Extinction are going to be made for many years...probably never. HEY! Lets petition that it be put in novel form!!!! They could do that! Revelations and Extinction as books. And it could still be made into a movie at some point. Why the heck have they not?
              i alternate between tweeting mgm with a combo movie for sg1-atlantis-sgu, and asking mgm to novelize the sg1 and atlantis movie scripts.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phelix View Post
                I know it's a long shot but do you guys think if we started a petition we could get enough names on it to sway the studio and convince them to make it?
                Studios don't care about petitions. There's no way to verify the authenticity of the signatures. Even if there was, there's no way to know that those who signed would pay to see the movie. Even if they did, those fans wouldn't justify the cost of producing the movie to begin with. The film would have to reach a broad audience beyond the fans for the studio to make a decent profit.

Your best bet is to write a script that will make MGM want to take a chance.

Comment

Or, just put the script in BOOK FORM.

I like it. Simple. Easy to remember.

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Originally posted by Gormagon View Post
                    Or, just put the script in BOOK FORM.

I like it. Simple. Easy to remember.
                    Except, you'd need to get permission to use the characters, which are copyright...

Comment

BEG BEG BEG!!!! Beg for the use of the characters!!!! Come on.....

Comment

Working...
                      X