The God Complex (3211)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan View Post
    In The Curse of Fenric, whilst under attack by the vampire-like Haemovores that can only be driven off by faith, the Doctor recited the names of his companions. His faith is in them.
    He also always has faith in his companions. Though his companions come and go. Hence why I believe it was the TARDIS in this particular case.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
      He also always has faith in his companions. Though his companions come and go. Hence why I believe it was the TARDIS in this particular case.
      But how does old "sexy" let him down I wonder?

On another forum someone mentioned he saw Donna, his guilt, and what he had done to her... As they really had become true friends and then he had to take all that away from her, and it haunts him... I've read fan stuff saying why didn't he use the chameleon arch to make her a time lady and then she could keep her memories..
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        But how does old "sexy" let him down I wonder?

On another forum someone mentioned he saw Donna, his guilt, and what he had done to her... As they really had become true friends and then he had to take all that away from her, and it haunts him... I've read fan stuff saying why didn't he use the chameleon arch to make her a time lady and then she could keep her memories..
        Well it doesn't matter. It's his worst fear, it doesn't have to come true.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I would think the thing he saw in the room would be River.

Which IMO will be a kind of a let down.
          I like Sharky
          sigpic

Comment

I don't think so, it's not as if the Doctor fears death. If he did he would never have left Gallifrey, it was safe there.
            sigpic
            Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

I was reading something and it popped into my head as possibly true.

Would it make more sense for this episode, chronologically, to be between The Pandorica and TIA?

For one, it's currently after the Girl who Waited, which shifts character importance back onto the Doctor after immediately doing the opposite in the previous episode.

Also, it leaves them with an apartment and a car, and they have a flat in TIA, and in WoRS they have an actual house, complete with yard and what not.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by jameshawking View Post
                i was reading something and it popped into my head as possibly true.

Would it make more sense for this episode, chronologically, to be between the pandorica and tia?

For one, it's currently after the girl who waited, which shifts character importance back onto the doctor after immediately doing the opposite in the previous episode.

Also, it leaves them with an apartment and a car, and they have a flat in tia, and in wors they have an actual house, complete with yard and what not.

Thoughts?

wors???????

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  wors???????
                  Wedding of River Song

Comment

Originally posted by jameshawking View Post
                    Wedding of River Song
                    But of course "slaps head"

Comment

I just re-watched this episode recently. Though they were only an illusion and a cameo, I did like seeing the Weeping Angels again. I also loved how their musical theme (all that heavy, fast percussion from "The Time of Angels" and other episodes) was reprised when they made their brief appearance.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hmmm... Another so-so episode for me. Sigh.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                          Hmmm... Another so-so episode for me. Sigh.
                          I agree with the so-so sentiment, but the climax is an important turning point in Amy and the Doctor's relationship. So there's that at least.

Comment

That's true, although IMO not enough to save the ep...
                            sigpic

Comment

has anyone in here read Lungbarrow? The Minotaur looks remarkably similar to the Dr's Tutor who he left behind on Gallifrey when he was exiled from his house. I know many people believe that books aren't canon but Mofat has borrowed from many of the next gen books already with great effect... and the cryptic quote was surely foreshadowing as were the Ood and others as we neared the end of Tennants era.

Comment

Working...
                              X