This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Visual Encyclopeadia

Now that Stargate has officially come to a close , at least for the fore-seeable future I was thinking now would be the perfect opportunity for someone to release a Stargate Visual Encyclopeadia (similar to the StarWars edition).

Though there has been books before, the series was always producing new canon so an up to date version couldnt be published.

Perhaps Darren and David could produce an Official Stargate Gateworld Fan Encyclopeadia edition as they have access to the series creators and producers etc. as well as a definitive omnipeadia and screen images.

Any opinions? thoughts?

Originally posted by nrc_02 View Post
    Now that Stargate has officially come to a close , at least for the fore-seeable future I was thinking now would be the perfect opportunity for someone to release a Stargate Visual Encyclopeadia (similar to the StarWars edition).

Though there has been books before, the series was always producing new canon so an up to date version couldnt be published.
    technically its non canon.

Perhaps Darren and David could produce an Official Stargate Gateworld Fan Encyclopeadia edition as they have access to the series creators and producers etc. as well as a definitive omnipeadia and screen images.

Any opinions? thoughts?
    Running this website would take up a fair portion of their time, even with Stargate done. The omnipedia is good but not great and require more work. The images would fall under fair use rights and they wouldn't be legally able to make something like this unless MGM gives them the rights to, which they won't because despite the fact they they would give it a look over, they would not want anyone else to make money off of it.

Plus if the writers arent part of it then, even with the MGM oversight, its not really canon.

Its a good idea but unless the stargate writers are part of it then this user is not interested and so will many others.

Comment

If the series was still in production, Escyos, anything it made would automatically have been canon. So the OP is correct; the series was still producing new canon until it no longer was in production.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
      sigpic
      now also appearing on DeviantArt
      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I'd love it if BW set up a Stargate version of Pottermore.

Comment

Never gunna happen.

Comment

DK Books already did one for SG-1 only. Maybe they will do an updated one with Atlantis and SGU sometime in the future. If we're very lucky.
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Whether the show is still in production doesn't affect whether the omni is canon or not, surely, so long as any content is strictly as per the shows and not interpretive or "new"?

Comment

Working...
              X