No announcement yet.

Let's Kill Hitler (3208)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good episode. Great regeneration. Loved the banana.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      Good episode. Great regeneration. Loved the banana.
      Yep. Can't argue with that. The scene with the banana took me back to 2005 when the Doctor used his skills of sleight of hand and replaced Captain Jack's Sonic Blaster for a banana.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Very interesting. So far I've been a bit bored with this story arc, but this was pretty cool. I gonna need a little while to try and figure out the whole timeline thing... So far it makes no sense.

Also, just thought I would add, LOVED The Doctor's coat at the start! He should so wear that more often.

Comment

anyone know, the 'immune system' of the robot...sounded like James Earl Jones......was it him or a soundalike?

this was just an enjoyable episode, just when I thought they were setting aside some arc stuff for regular episodes, they do this. But it's fine.

what i wonder about the 'silence'.....silence comes from nothing. what if the silence is the end....death of everything. (Unless it ties back to 'silence in the library'
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
            Melody was in the suit. Melody is River. Melody in the suit killed the 1103 year old Doctor.
            Yes. Yes. Unproven...

As stated above, why would she do it as a "girl" then wait doing nothing for 15 years before doing it again?
            My twist: it's the younger Canton who does it!

Comment

Originally posted by thecolouryes View Post
              Also, it's clear that he told her his name.
              I don't think that's clear at all. Didn't she reply "She knows"? - i.e. replying to something like "tell River that I love her". It would be an odd reply to being told his name. And "tell her that John Smith loves her" is an awkward way of phrasing it. We've already had (Shakespeare Code) that someone's name is powerful - leading up to the unknown question for The Silence.

On the other hand, he did remarkably well - he knew he had less than half an hour to persuade River to fall for him and thus save his life. A quick change of clothes, a few key revelations and bam. So maybe he did name himself in that whisper. Just colour-me unconvinced for now...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                anyone know, the 'immune system' of the robot...sounded like James Earl Jones......was it him or a soundalike?
                I'd think it was unlikely for a British show that never, by choice/budget, strays more than a taxi-ride from Cardiff. I was actually thinking during the show that it sounded like the normal dalek-voice-guy, Nicholas Briggs.

Comment

Am I really the only one who doesn't find this episode confusing? The answers are obvious. The only two I don't really have an answer for are how he reworks his death, and the question. I do have working theories for them thought?
                  thelastgreatprophecy.com

Comment

So, do we think the Silence (species from the beginning of Series 6) are the same Silence as mentioned in this episode? A religious cult?
                    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                      I'd think it was unlikely for a British show that never, by choice/budget, strays more than a taxi-ride from Cardiff. I was actually thinking during the show that it sounded like the normal dalek-voice-guy, Nicholas Briggs.
                      Yeah, as far as I'm aware, James Earl Jones is pretty much retired from appearing in movies and TV shows, preferring to concentrate on theatre work.
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                        I don't think that's clear at all. Didn't she reply "She knows"? - i.e. replying to something like "tell River that I love her". It would be an odd reply to being told his name. And "tell her that John Smith loves her" is an awkward way of phrasing it. We've already had (Shakespeare Code) that someone's name is powerful - leading up to the unknown question for The Silence.
                        Would it? Really?

She's evidentally impotant in his life, after all 'Mels' thinks hes calling out to her for help. So if he whispers to her 'tell her my name is.... XXXXX', of course she'll look at him funny and say 'I'm sure she knows'. It was a patronising, condescending comment, not, 'I'm sure she knows you love her', which would have been more likely said in a soft way to put his mind at ease.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

River's regeneration history doesn't make any sense.
                          • She's the girl in 1969
                          • Suspected of somehow killing the Doctor in 2011 (but I doubt it's her in the suit that kills him, possibly a future pre-Library River if he's the "good man" she goes to Prison for killing, but I think the suit is Amy and the person killed is Rory).
                          • Regenerates into "a toddler in the middle of New York" (which would have been 1970)
                          • Is able to amazing slow down her age because somehow finds her way to Leadworth in 1997 where as a girl of about 8 she beings to age normally with Amy and Rory.

There is either two people in the suit, or someone is helping Melody travel through time so I think there has to be a regeneration between the 1970 regeneration and 1997 that ultimately results her being taken to Leadworth and being able to fit in with Amy and Rory.

As for giving up her regenerations to save the Doctor, I saw her giving up regeneration energy to save him but I didn't expect her to give up all regenerations. Bit of a cheat really because we know she'll never use them (so seemed pointless) but an easy way to extend the Doctor's regenerations, which makes me wonder if the entire story of Amy, Rory and River was ultimately about keeping the show on the air as the Doctor should have one regeneration left. After this, I've given up all expectations they'll ever find Melody as a baby.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carter1994 View Post
                            Holy Cow.

That was... wow.

Figured out Mels was River as soon as she came out of the cell. Mels's swagger was EXACTLY like River's. River's regeneration scene was great as well (and the banana! ); evil!River was kinda intriguing.
                            Yes Nina Toussaint-White did mange to match Rivers swagger and persona very well.
                            ----------------------------
                            You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

this was just an enjoyable episode, just when I thought they were setting aside some arc stuff for regular episodes, they do this. But it's fine.

what i wonder about the 'silence'.....silence comes from nothing. what if the silence is the end....death of everything. (Unless it ties back to 'silence in the library'
                              I thought it sounded like Tom Baker

It was a great episode imo, but a tad predictable. i guessed Mel was River and guessed she'd "give" the doctor her remaining regenerations.

although did they say she gave them to him? i thought she said she "used up her remaining regenerations to heal him"?
                              People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                                River's regeneration history doesn't make any sense.
                                • She's the girl in 1969
                                • Suspected of somehow killing the Doctor in 2011 (but I doubt it's her in the suit that kills him, possibly a future pre-Library River if he's the "good man" she goes to Prison for killing, but I think the suit is Amy and the person killed is Rory).
                                • Regenerates into "a toddler in the middle of New York" (which would have been 1970)
                                • Is able to amazing slow down her age because somehow finds her way to Leadworth in 1997 where as a girl of about 8 she beings to age normally with Amy and Rory.

There is either two people in the suit, or someone is helping Melody travel through time so I think there has to be a regeneration between the 1970 regeneration and 1997 that ultimately results her being taken to Leadworth and being able to fit in with Amy and Rory.

As for giving up her regenerations to save the Doctor, I saw her giving up regeneration energy to save him but I didn't expect her to give up all regenerations. Bit of a cheat really because we know she'll never use them (so seemed pointless) but an easy way to extend the Doctor's regenerations, which makes me wonder if the entire story of Amy, Rory and River was ultimately about keeping the show on the air as the Doctor should have one regeneration left. After this, I've given up all expectations they'll ever find Melody as a baby.
                                I also dont think her timeline has been completely shown, because if we are following in the timeline of each time the Doctor meets River/Mels, River is younger, next time we see River, it should be Mels...
                                And we know the Doctor has never met Mels before this point as she would have recognised him in the cornfield...

I also agree with Alan regarding the spacesuit being River that kills the Doctor. If it is her killing the Doctor, shouldnt she remember this while watching and so she would know what happened next to herself. Why would she attempt to shoot at herself? She also seemed genuinely shocked when it happened, like she wasnt expecting it, either she was acting because she knew, or she genuinely didnt know that was going to happen...

Also, shouldnt River remember it was her in the spacesuit, or recognise it? If Alans timeline is correct, the Silence come after her being inserted into the spacesuit so shouldnt she remember or atleast recognise it? Or does she remember and she doesnt want to reveal 'Spoliers' to the Doctor.
                                Corr, this timeline stuff is confusing!
                                Sorry if that makes no sense...
                                Last edited by Teddybrown; 28 August 2011, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X