No announcement yet.

Blu-ray release to contain a new edit, again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I'll be holding off on Blu-Ray versions. I may as well wait for them to be dirty cheap and just get the DVD release with the original versions on them, which will annoy me as I hate the idea of buying two versions of the same DVD. I guess I'll just have to keep in mind I'm buying the original version on DVD not the special edition with original version included.

sigpic

Comment

Mhm. I bought the prequel box last night. I don't mind edits to them; they aren't classics like the originals, and in many ways will benefit from as much tweaking as possible. But the OT I'll wait for to get a theatrical release whenever George decides to grace us with that.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Mhm. I bought the prequel box last night. I don't mind edits to them; they aren't classics like the originals, and in many ways will benefit from as much tweaking as possible. But the OT I'll wait for to get a theatrical release whenever George decides to grace us with that.
        I've thought about just getting the prequel trilogy, but I feel like I'd be missing out on something if I didn't get the complete set (namely that third bonus disc). That's why I've held off on it because I would expect additional changes in any future set that included the original trilogy.

sigpic

Comment

That extra disc was definitely a strong consideration for me too. But in the end, I decided that I just can't bring myself to give George Lucas any more money for desecrating the OT.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

So we just have the 6th movie to watch. My husband recently put in a new sound system and it seriously makes me rethink going to the move theatre! Our HDtv is 52 inches so it's really like being in a mini theatre.

My husband the big Star Wars nerd says it was worth it to get the BluRay discs and he can live with "changes" to the movies.

My son has watched the Spoof special THREE times. He hasn't watched any of the other extras yet. We still have our DVD sets and thinking of keeping them since we still only have a DVD player for upstairs. There is seriously only so much of one thing I can take and my 11 year old will watch the Star Wars movies over and over and over and over. That's when he gets booted to the 37 inch HDTV.
            Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Working...
            X