• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original Sin (111)

Visit the Episode GuideALPHAS SEASON ONE
    ORIGINAL SIN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 111

Red Flag escalates the war on the Department of Defense under the leadership of Stanton Parish. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 17 March 2012, 03:28 PM.

Great episode and game changer for the season finale but 11 episodes is way too short. I like how they touched Rosen obsession with his job through his daughter, even during the season Rosen's obession with his Alphas team was pretty evident. He almost blackmailed Hicks into the group. It's certainly believable that he was using his daughter as a guinea pig.

I also always wondered about the origin of the Alphas since it was brought up. I was thinking maybe they were all part of a secret government experiment during the cold war or something. Parish shows that it's certainly not the case with all of them since he lived through the years for centuries with his special ability.

Beside the murders, Parish (and Red Flags) got some good point in their book. But now with the death of many of the moderate Red Flags, they have become one true enemy.

I wonder what direction the show will got now that the secret is out. I hope they keep making great episode cases as well as adding a bit to the mythology and different arcs every week for the second season. For me, it was the perfect mix (a bit like Fringe).
    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

This was very interesting. I'm looking forward to the next season.

Comment

I really need to watch this again. I was enjoying Gary's "multi-tasking" and his visit with Ana was extremely well played by all characters. Then it got messed up...enter government, why would anything get messed up? The fight scene was muddled...I can imagine what they were going for, but it just became a distraction. I don't understand why Ana was sick though. I can guess she was worn down being on the run, but obviously she connected with protectors. Anyway, I'm sorry their connection had to end. Really like the chemistry between them. And Gary's reaction. Wow!
        Rosen does seem a bit too preoccupied with his own theories to be able to run a team objectively. Keeps missing the big picture.
        S2 should be amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post

I wonder what direction the show will got now that the secret is out. I hope they keep making great episode cases as well as adding a bit to the mythology and different arcs every week for the second season. For me, it was the perfect mix (a bit like Fringe).
          I'm not sure the secret will get out-I think they'll try to paint Rosen as a nut-job-or backtrack on it some way, saying he didn't know what he was talking about.
          Powerful moment for me when Gary found Anna, don't want to elaborate as I've lost the ability to use spoiler tags for some reason.
          Last edited by Rosehawk; 11 October 2011, 06:01 PM. Reason: fixed the quote

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
            I'm not sure the secret will get out-I think they'll try to paint Rosen as a nut-job-or backtrack on it some way, saying he didn't know what he was talking about.
            Powerful moment for me when Gary found Anna, don't want to elaborate as I've lost the ability to use spoiler tags for some reason.
            It's possible but how would they stop Rosen and his Alpha crew from revealing the truth to the people from now on?
            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
              It's possible but how would they stop Rosen and his Alpha crew from revealing the truth to the people from now on?
              Not sure but I'm thinking that they will come out with a press release that Rosen is a nutjob and don't pay attention to those ramblings you saw on TV-but I could be wrong, LOL.
              Plus I don't think Parrish want's things to go public, either, so it'll be interesting to see how this all plays out in S. 2

Comment

I just found out that this was the season finale! ARGH!

Great season finale. Some bits, like the raid, were predictable but still 'effective'. I didn't expect the twist at the end, tho'.
                Also, as a friend of mine said: poor Gary.
                sigpic

Comment

Plus I don't think Parrish want's things to go public, either, so it'll be interesting to see how this all plays out in S. 2
                  It's hard to know Parrish in the last scene with Rosen's daughter seems to act like everything was actually going his way. He's really manipulative.

He says to Dani somethings like "yes, you told me" without another word about it. Acting like everything was going his way and that it was nothing to worry about.
                  Last edited by Commander Zelix; 29 September 2011, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Not sure but I'm thinking that they will come out with a press release that Rosen is a nutjob and don't pay attention to those ramblings you saw on TV-but I could be wrong, LOL.

Actually I think that is what Parrish wanted all along and to have martirs to the cause to booth hence his betrayal of the most moderate leadership in Red Flag. Parish reminds me a lot of Magneto and he is just as manipulative and Machiavellic. I think that the cat is out of the bag with Dr Rosen's disclosure. and what will happen is what inevitably happens when one species suddenly confronts another one. First fear and sheer terror followed by anger and resentment over the fact that ordinary humans are now aware that people with super human abilities do exist and it culminates in violence and war just as Parrish wanted. I'm sure that Rosen just like Xavier in X-Men will try to mend fences and look for a peaceful alternative but as to whether he succeeds or not, oh well, he might probably at the cost of his life as well. But anyway I can't wait for S2.
                    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Parrish is going to play the 'mean govt attacking us poor freaks' card, and use the raid as a prime example. He's also got the fact of them locking the alphas up in binghamton. Basically, he's got plenty of evidence to play victim.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I still have this feeling the Alpha phenomen won't be allowed to go public(Can you say "coverup?") But I could be very wrong. I guess we'll see in 2012.
                        Parrish is indeed a very interesting character-is manipulating things to his advantage only.

Comment

Interesting finale. I wasn't sure about this series...but 3 episodes in..I was hooked.
                          sigpic

Comment

I quite liked Rosen's little speach to the world. There are far to many programs out there where all of the secret and strange happenings are kept secret. It makes a nice change to have that blown wide open. I can't help but think this is what heroes should have done long before it's finale.

- Poor Gary and i take my hat off to the guy who plays him. Playing an Autistic character realistically must be incredibly difficult. Great acting skill.

After only 11 episodes the first season finished 'ok'. I feel that only Gary and Rosen really got expanded upon tbh. The rest of them are a bunch of cliches atm and tbh the powers of the two ladies are just...boring. It would be nice to see the characters powers evolve and adapt in time otherwise i can see things becoming stale.

Overall the first season was ok but nothing amazing, which seems to be the mission objective for most sci fi shows nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                            X