FOX: ''Doesn't expect Fringe to grow in audience''

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unknown_k View Post
    If you look through the history of science the vast majority of theories are bull**** and discredited. Even some of the stuff I read in my Physical Chemistry books in the 1990's were proven wrong already. The show doesn't even deal with real physics, its just made up crap (aka fake science).

Unless I am mistaken Fringe takes place in the present day, not 50+ years from now when science has figured out more things and engineers have made that science a reality (which takes quite a bit of time and effort to do).
    Dude...then just don't watch the show if you're that freaking' irritated.
    sigpic

Comment

I watch the show for the characters not for the fake science. Scifi lets the writers put characters into very interesting settings compared to a cop show for example. Just because I think the science is junk doesn't mean I think the show is bad (almost done with season 1).

Comment

Apparently, bears repeating:
        Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Hrm. It's in the bloody name of the show, you lot. Fringe science. The things which are rumoured to be real, and appear to have some level of anecdotal evidence, but are scoffed at by mainstream science. "Real"/"fake" science are not terms that really apply to the show.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by unknown_k View Post
          I watch the show for the characters not for the fake science. Scifi lets the writers put characters into very interesting settings compared to a cop show for example. Just because I think the science is junk doesn't mean I think the show is bad (almost done with season 1).
          Seems like the show irritates you based on your previous post...

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Apparently, bears repeating:
          Some people just don't read.....
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X