S3 Intro theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S3 Intro theme

What are peoples' thoughts on this? It's not that I dislike it, but it doesn't seem to fit with the visuals of the title sequence to me...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Originally posted by Fly Boy View Post
    What are peoples' thoughts on this? It's not that I dislike it, but it doesn't seem to fit with the visuals of the title sequence to me...
    I'm not keen on it, The Warehouse 13 theme was cut down this year and I don't like that one now either. Both SyFy shows, coincidence?
    sigpic

Comment

I have disliked it from the very beginning, the original one from season 1 and 2 is WAY better.

Comment

I also agree, I prefer the theme from season 1. Not quite sure what the composer had in mind when he wrote the music for the current theme, it just doesn't have the right feel for a show like sanctuary. I mean, I like it for the musical value, it's a decent enough theme song. Just not the one I would choose for Sanctuary.
        Signature by Glitch33.
        sigpic
        Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

I never get to hear it thanks to skiffy's silly 10 second intro
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i'm not really a fan of the new theme. it doesn't fit the vibe that the first one had. and i wasn't that thrilled with the first theme either.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elorendil View Post
              I also agree, I prefer the theme from season 1. Not quite sure what the composer had in mind when he wrote the music for the current theme, it just doesn't have the right feel for a show like sanctuary. I mean, I like it for the musical value, it's a decent enough theme song. Just not the one I would choose for Sanctuary.
              Yeah, I agree. I did start to adjust to it (then syfy cut it to the micro intro ) But I think the first one suited the show better. Of course I liked the webisode theme music too.

Comment

I don't mind the song itself but I dont like theme song changes. I hate when shows do that. Sanctuary had already changed from the webis. My biggest problem thou is that it totally doesnt fit the images. Speeding them up didnt help.

Comment

Here in the UK we get the full intro.

At first I didn't like the new music, but it's grown on me. I have been watching episodes from s1 lately, and now find the music for these episodes too heavy and gothic.
                  I now prefer the new music.
                  sigpic

Comment

I honestly don't pay much attention to the intro theme. I watch the show online or download it and most eps have a clipped intro and if not, I usually skip ahead because I'm eager to watch the show and don't really feel the need to see the intro every time I watch the show (that goes for any show I watch, not just Sanctuary). I'd be even more pleased if there was no intro at all, just the Sanctuary team standing there to remind people of what show they're watching and then the episode would begin...
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                      I honestly don't pay much attention to the intro theme. I watch the show online or download it and most eps have a clipped intro and if not, I usually skip ahead because I'm eager to watch the show and don't really feel the need to see the intro every time I watch the show (that goes for any show I watch, not just Sanctuary). I'd be even more pleased if there was no intro at all, just the Sanctuary team standing there to remind people of what show they're watching and then the episode would begin...
                      I miss shows having proper intros, I didn't like the short SGU title. Some of the best title sequences are legendary, Sopranos, The Wire, SG-1. I think the current fashion to have shortened titles is a shame but if it means more show time then I suppose I can deal with it.
                      sigpic

Comment

on this subject I am simply repeating myself. As I have already written in another thread:

I like the new theme, it's a well written piece of art, nice to listen to, but for me it's not the theme I associate with Sanctuary. And due to the ten seconds abomination they call theme music I never will.
                        So nice piece of music but not Sanctuary for me, sorry.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
                          I miss shows having proper intros, I didn't like the short SGU title. Some of the best title sequences are legendary, Sopranos, The Wire, SG-1. I think the current fashion to have shortened titles is a shame but if it means more show time then I suppose I can deal with it.
                          But these days most shows change their intro (and accompanying music) every season or so, making it less special in my opinion. And I already know who the main actors/characters are so it doesn't really add anything for me. It's possible it has something to do with my annoyance of repetitions...
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            I never get to hear it thanks to skiffy's silly 10 second intro
                            Right, I've only heard it twice - the first two shows of the season. Since then, all I've heard is that tiny snippet they cut out for their intro.

Comment

Working...
                            X