Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assassin's Creed General Disc/Spoilers /Speculation (Spoilers for all games!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VengefulSpud View Post
    As good as Revelations looks, I can't help but think its just Ubisoft out for more moolah. Originally, they never planned to release an AC game in 2011, they were going to hold off till 2012 to release AC3,
    Spoiler:
    to tie the story in with the whole end of the world thing
    . But I think because of the success of Brotherhood they decided to get another game out of Ezio. Might get Revelations when its cheaper, but I'm really looking forward AC3, I'm pretty sure its just going to be Desmond in modern times.
    I know it's all about the money but so was brotherhood and even though it was money spinner it was a very good game and as long as they game stays good I don't mind it being filler so much. As for the next game being set in the presentish day with Desmond I'm not so sure about that not if they can make more games in between and make some more money.
    sigpic

Comment

Brotherhood also turned on a new audience with its innovative multi-player option, a first for the game series and a unique take on the death match / capture the flag norms out there.

I'm not that into multi-player though haha.

Storyline wise they can have desmond go back and forward in time and to different parts of the world. He could visit an ancestor assassin during the Roman Empire since a slight connection to Brutus has been made. Or he could end up in the French revolution era, Victorian London Jack the Ripper era, maybe even a templar connection with American civil war or the frontier settling era. It's potentially endless though some gamers might tire of the Desmond Miles character if there's not a pay off with him in a modern or near future version of a big American city perhaps.
      >>>Hello, I'm new! Here's my introduction post:<<<

Comment

I just want to see a game or a bit of one of the games set in Feudal Japan, just to see the Assassins taking on some ninjas ! One can dream !

Also I'm wondering about the modern game,
        Spoiler:
        At the end of AC2, when you're controlling Desmond, and fighting off all those Abstergo goons, you're using batons instead of swords. Now I love the swordplay in the games, but lets face it, in a modern setting folks will be using guns. I do hope they keep the swordplay in the modern game, but I will be looking for some sort of explanation of why they are using them instead of gunning each other down. Well you could say everyone involved in this fiasco,both Desmond's crew and Abstergo, were trained using assassin memories from the Animus ? Maybe ? Or if AC3 could flash between modern day and a past memory a little more frequently, when in the past it plays like the usual, but then in modern times it plays like the latest Splinter Cell, just a bit more climbing and a bit more melee involved. That was another recent Ubisoft great !
        sigpic
        What a show !

Comment

I just want to see a game or a bit of one of the games set in Feudal Japan, just to see the Assassins taking on some ninjas ! One can dream !

Spoiler:
          At the end of AC2, when you're controlling Desmond, and fighting off all those Abstergo goons, you're using batons instead of swords. Now I love the swordplay in the games, but lets face it, in a modern setting folks will be using guns. I do hope they keep the swordplay in the modern game, but I will be looking for some sort of explanation of why they are using them instead of gunning each other down. Well you could say everyone involved in this fiasco,both Desmond's crew and Abstergo, were trained using assassin memories from the Animus ? Maybe ? Or if AC3 could flash between modern day and a past memory a little more frequently, when in the past it plays like the usual, but then in modern times it plays like the latest Splinter Cell, just a bit more climbing and a bit more melee involved. That was another recent Ubisoft great !
          Or they could have Lightsabers.
          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Well, I think what you described can be explained:
            Spoiler:
            Abstergo wanted to capture Desmond Miles alive to put him back in their own Animus, so that batons are a bit like nightsticks to incapacitate but not kill him. I think there will be guns as there are projectiles used in renaissance Italy from the pistol, to the crossbow and throwing daggers - even a projectile poison dart upgrade. Could easily see abstergo goons trying to take you down with night sticks or even stun batons and Desmond ends up fighting them off Jason Bourne style. Plus there are templar archers and riflemen in Brotherhood so the Abstergo goons can still be armed. I'm sure the guys at Ubisoft can work all this out.

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
              Or they could have Lightsabers.
              AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, lightsabers would be deadly !!

Lightsabers and Abstergo Ninjas ! Ubisoft, i hope you're listening !!
              sigpic
              What a show !

Comment

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, lightsabers would be deadly !!

Lightsabers and Abstergo Ninjas ! Ubisoft, i hope you're listening !!
                Glad you like the idea.
                sigpic

Comment

George Lucas has probably trademarked Light Saber, so they'll have to be known as laser swords or something!

Comment

Yeah i'll go for that, I'd even settle for a sword with electricity passing through it. Something that glows when you swing it around, i'm very easily satisfied !
                    sigpic
                    What a show !

Comment

What about stun batons?

Comment

They'd want to be really fancy stun batons, something with a bit of blade on it for clashing with other ones. Something you'd nearly see Batman using !
                        sigpic
                        What a show !

Comment

I imagine AC3 will most likely be mostly set with Desmond in the real world being all Assassin-y. However I'd still like a lot of the game to take place in another era like the previous games. I know the creators have been bouncing around ideas for it. WW2 locations were shot down because one of the aims of the series is to visit places not normally seen in video games (such as the Crusades and Renaissance Italy). One of the favourite possible eras was Feudal Japan, which would certainly make an interesting change. Samurai Assassins?
                          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                            I imagine AC3 will most likely be mostly set with Desmond in the real world being all Assassin-y. However I'd still like a lot of the game to take place in another era like the previous games. I know the creators have been bouncing around ideas for it. WW2 locations were shot down because one of the aims of the series is to visit places not normally seen in video games (such as the Crusades and Renaissance Italy). One of the favourite possible eras was Feudal Japan, which would certainly make an interesting change. Samurai Assassins?
                            Feudal Japan would be brilliant, running round the rooftops like a ninja (shinobi), the only game that ever really did that well if memory serves was Tenchu.
                            sigpic

Comment

Exactly, it would be the perfect setting for one of these games. Probably it won't be in AC3, but definitely Japan should be done a spin-off game, like Brotherhood or Revelations, or the one on PSP. Just to see the Assassins clobbering some ninjas. That was one of my original complaints about the first game. Not much variety of badguys to fight. They improved in the second one, but I'd like some enemies who are tough to take down, even if there's one of them. Ninjas would be perfect !!
                              sigpic
                              What a show !

Comment

Japan would be cool. I liked Tenchu conceptually, it's just the games were buggy and not that fun to play.

Comment

Working...
                                X