This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One aspect of closure?

okay, the stargates are off-line right now. (i refuse to believe they're dead). but...

if you could get ONE aspect of (your preferred) stargate to be given closure, what would it be?

for sg1: sam/jack *confirmation*, that they ended up together!!!

for atlantis: did they stay on earth or return to the pegasus galaxy?

(i'm not including sgu, b/c i don't know the show well enough)
    sally

sigpic

well they did return to pegasus. if you read mallozzi's blog, which is on this forum, he is giving us that closure piece, by piece. that said i'd like to see how they wrapped up sgu.

i feel like they wrapped up sg1 pretty well and i prefer to think jack ends up with the laira from "a hundred days" ep 317

Comment

Originally posted by schlemmbot View Post
      well they did return to pegasus. if you read mallozzi's blog, which is on this forum, he is giving us that closure piece, by piece. that said i'd like to see how they wrapped up sgu.
      as nice as joe is, unless it's actually made (even if it's just a novel), it's not 'real' to me. so...
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Freya ends up with Jack, Anise ends up with Daniel. They move in, hilarity ensues and is turned into a TV series.

I was hoping to see if Rodney had married when he showed up in SGU, so for SGA, I'd want him and Keller to be married and have a kid.

For SG1, I'd want Jonas to be leader of his planet.

For SGU, everyone to get home. Was disappointed they copied SGA (and Voyager, and Lost In Space) with being stranded and trying to get home. So I'd like to see that end by getting everyone home or at least giving them a way home should the need arise, so being on Destiny isn't a one way trip to the end of the universe.

sigpic

Comment

SG-1: The fate of Jonas Quinn

SGA: What will happen to the city and SGA crew on Earth. Will they go back to Pegasus

SGU: Did they uncover the secrets of the universe? And yes it would be cool if it was a one-way trip and they did not make it back home.
          sigpic

Comment

For SG-1, Ark of Truth was all the closure I really needed. I would have liked for the show to run longer, but Ark of Truth wrapped up the story for me.

For SGA, just one aspect? Ok, my number one thing would be for Atlantis to go back to Pegasus. That's the really big one.
            Last edited by Killdeer; 10 August 2011, 08:40 PM.
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

Destiny's mission completed and the mystery of the structure in the cosmic microwave background radiation solved.

Comment

SG-1: Disclosure of the SG program (basically SG revolution) and sam and jack confirmation.

SGA: Atlantis returning to Pegasus, the daedalus variations aliens.

SGU: crew accomplishing the mission and getting back home.
                sigpic

Comment

SGA would be the one I demand some on closure on. It would be great if they went back to the Pegasus and defeated the wraith or signed a treaty in which would make them allies perhaps out of desperation of the wraith. Then perhaps a new Goa'uld sect comes for atlantis, and begins to take over the wraith. Could you imagine a goa'uld infecting a wraith? Anyway, thus begins a new saga.

SG1 had a great ending, so I would just leave room for characters to pop up in SGA. Maybe have Vala and Cam have numerous cameos. Then after about three more seasons and a couple of movies end the whole saga with Atlantis becoming a central base for the Stargate program.

For SGU, not sure, I would almost let it linger a bit longer.
                  sigpic
                  Does anyone else respond to something shocking in the manner of ELI....
                  "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                  Global Warming: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                  Ancient Aliens: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                  etc.....

Comment

SG-1: Actually satisfied with how it ended.

SGA: Returning to Pegasus, defeat of the Wraith once & for all.

SGU: Doing the mission.
                    Last edited by Tanith0709; 11 August 2011, 01:31 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

For all three - generally what the writers had planned. Movies for SG-1/SGA, and at least one more season for SGU.

SG-1: Besides Sam/Jack confirmation, also resolutions to rest of the team members. Have them all move on from off-world missions. I'd like to see the SGC never name a team 'SG-1' again, to honor its memory. Instead designations begin with 'SG-2'.

SGA: See what they plan to do with Atlantis on Earth. Resolution to the Wraith situation.

SGU: Not even sure... I guess complete the mission. I'd rather have seen the journey itself (Wray's speech in "Epilogue").
                      sigpic

Comment

SG1 - while rushed, satisfied with the unending end.

SGA - back to Pegasus

SGU - never watched it but I think the ultimate closure would be to unravel Destiny and return home
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

SG-1: The Ark of Truth wrapped up the Ori saga, and Continuum brought the Goa'uld back for a final romp. The only nagging loose end for me is the Trust. What happened to the Goa'uld who infiltrated Earth? In Season 9, it was revealed that Ba'al had taken control of the Goa'uld-dominated Trust. When Continuum was announced, I just assume the movie would deal with that storyline. Naturally, the time-travel storyline negated this. So, if there's one storyline I'd want closure on, it's the Trust.

Atlantis: I've three big questions that I'd like answered. First, what ultimately happened to Elizabeth Weir? The human Weir was last seen in "Lifeline." She returned as a human clone in "This Mortal Coil" and as a Replicator clone in "Be All My Sins Remember'd" and "Ghost in the Machine." In "This Mortal Coil," the human clone of Weir was told that her original self was killed due to meddling with the Asurans. One could presume that her death was by extracting her Asuran nanites, killing her, but allowing her essence to continue as an Asuran. Regardless, I just wish there'd been some clear-cut resolution here. The next question is, what happens to the Pegasus Asgard? It seemed like several of their ships had been destroyed, so... did enough of them survive to pose a threat? Had the show continued, they could have potentially served to resurrect the species. I just really like that we got this big revelation that the Asgard weren't extinct after all. Finally... does Atlantis remain on Earth or return to Pegasus? Joseph Mallozi has revealed that the movie script had Atlantis making a triumphant return to Pegasus. Personally, I think this is utterly stupid. Keep Atlantis on Earth, but continue fighting the Wraith via Earth ships and a permanent Earth-base (like the SGC) in Pegasus.

Universe: I only saw three episodes, so...

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                          For SGU, everyone to get home. Was disappointed they copied SGA (and Voyager, and Lost In Space) with being stranded and trying to get home.
                          The show didn't really copy SGA. In that show's first season, a return to Earth was very realistic. All the team had to do was search the galaxy for ZPM's. One would provide enough power to dial up Earth and let them know what was going on. In the end, SG-1 found a ZPM and sent it to Atlantis via the new Daedalus. If you want to compare SGU to another show, Voyager fits the bill. Both crews knew where they were, they were just far from home. In SGU's case, the ship was several galaxies away, flying further into the cosmos. The only way home was through the stargate. In Voyager's case, hurled to the other side of the galaxy. Seven decades to get home unless they find a shortcut such as a wormhole. At least in Voyager's case, home was inevitable. On SGU, unless they can find enough power to dial Earth, they'll never get home.
                          Last edited by Snowman37; 11 August 2011, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                            Freya ends up with Jack, Anise ends up with Daniel. They move in, hilarity ensues and is turned into a TV series.
                            yep this would be interesting. I wonder what Vala's role would be on this one...

Comment

Who are Freya and Anise?

Comment

Working...
                              X