Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eureka canceled. Season 5 next year, beyond that, nothing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I said, it's getting so there's nothing on SyFy I want to watch.

That being said, with all the seasons (counting partial seasons separately) it will have run for 7 years. A great run!

I'll miss it terribly.
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
      I always say Eureka ending by a catastrophic explosion destroying the whole town while everyone successfully evacuated.
      I'd like to see Eureka end by a project going out of control and destroying a satellite in space with the SyFy logo, and the screen goes blank as to suggest the signal has been interrupted.

Or do that, but end the show with 5 minutes of annoying static so people change channel.

sigpic

Comment

SyFy could not have handled this any worse.

@jaimepaglia
        Did final playback for the #Eureka S4.5 finale & turned in the script for S5 finale. You won't believe what's in store. Thanks to our team!
        6 Aug
        @jaimepaglia
        RT@Syfy: So for #Eureka, Season 4.5 is airing now & we've already announced Season 5 & 6 plus a holiday episode. Hope that clarifies things!
        6 Aug
        @jaimepaglia
        Heartfelt thanks to all our #Eureka fans for the incredible support. You're the reason we do what we do. It has been a privilege. We hope to be able to give you, the characters, and #Eureka a proper send-off. We're doing all we can to make that happen. But whatever happens, you have a season and a half of fantastic new #Eureka episodes to come through next year. It only gets better. All my thanks to our amazing cast, crew and creative team for their phenomenal work on these 76 episodes of #Eureka. You're the best.
        2 hours ago
        R.I.P. Don S. Davis "Hammond of Texas" 1942-2008

Comment

SyFy has a history of handling things badly.
          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Go SyFy !!!
            QIcjG.jpg
            Last edited by Zaany; 09 August 2011, 10:13 AM.
            RIP Don S. Davis 1942-2008

Comment

Sigh. Another big screw up. Why do I even bother with this retarded channel.

Comment

Wow. This is upsetting. After the news last week, I was getting used to the idea of it ending, but now? I would be ok if we have a proper ending, but from what I'm hearing, they're only a couple of weeks or so from wrapping up filming on S5.
                - Life after Stargate -
                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                sigpic

Comment

Well, at least we did get five seasons. That is actually a really good run on TV. I seriously doubt it would've gotten that much on a network.

Comment

Saying goodbye to Eureka from Wil Wheaton
                    It turns out that the network formerly-known as Sci-Fi changed its mind, and took back the six episode sixth season. Eureka will have to wrap up season five and the entire series with the episode that starts filming on Thursday. I know they'll have to do some rewriting, so I'm hopeful that Bob Newhart is available.*
                    And from a CNN article -
                    Co-executive producer Amy Berg explained the situation to fans: "We are the network's golden child in every way, except profit margins. Fact is, #Eureka is an expensive show to make. And we could not maintain the quality of our show with the cuts it would take to make us profitable for Syfy's new parent company. Our creative execs at Syfy fought hard to keep us. Trust me, they LOVE us. We just couldn't make the numbers work."
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

I still don't believe this. Its even worse hitting than Stargate was because at least I could accept Stargate because of lower ratings. They tell us to tune in and when we do and reward them with ratings this is how they respond? I'd love to see Craig Engler justify this to fans the way he tried to justify SGU's cancellation, but he can't. Not the way SyFy handled this. I was giving Alphas a shot but now I won't anymore. I'm tired of this crap. At least FOX supports Fringe despite being the 18th most watched show (out of 20) on the network. I wish SyFy would show the same support to Eureka, which is the 2nd most watched scripted show on the network.

Ironic, because before Fringe FOX had a bad rep for sci-fi but they've shown nothing but support, saying even last week (right before Eureka was canceled) that "in order for Fringe to continue we just want the ratings we got right now" - and Fringe can't be any less expensive to produce than Eureka, while Eureka is tops, Fringe is more like the best kept secret.

At least I still have The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones and Fringe and Doctor Who. Hopefully Russel T. Davies decides to stick with Torchwood (since Starz said all that Torchwood needs to continue is the full support of Davies) and that show continues.
                      That is just my two cents.

Comment

That article from producer Amy Berg answers my question - it was about profit margins and whether Eureka could maintain its quality with less money.

Although I understand it, that doesn't lessen my disappointment. Bummer.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Luciana

Comment

SyFy logo...Imagine Greater....I am and it's not you. I'm running out of shows and reasons to watch their network.
                          Chicago Con Attendee 2011
                          Chicago Con Attendee 2010
                          GateCon Attendee 2008
                          Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Eureka's numbers for last night...

2,248,000 Million viewers
                            A18 - 49 0.7

Does not have canceled written on those numbers. Gotta say I am shocked but obviously something went wrong on the production end of things.

I do feel we may get something in the future after Season 5.
                            sigpic

Comment

This is sad..

Comment

Remember how people sent lots of letters to the network and saved the original Star Trek?
                                And then lots of people saved the recent show Jericho by sending lots of nuts?

Let's start a campaign to save Eureka by sending the network boxes of killer bees, and mad cow disease.

Comment

Working...
                                X