Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eureka canceled. Season 5 next year, beyond that, nothing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Wait....the original order was for a 13 episode season 5. So the additional episode order takes it up to being a 14 episode final season?
    Yes. This year's Christmas episode is part of S5's order, and then we'll have 13 episodes next year.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Oh okay, I follow. Thanks.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Any chance this extra episode could be a kind of feature length finale.
        sigpic

Comment

It'd be nice, but I wouldn't bank on it. The fact that Syfylis ordered another episode at all is unprecedented kindness on their part. Lightning isn't likely to strike twice.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
            That would be a good idea, especially at this late date. IMO, Syfy should consider a feature length finale as a damage-control move to try to regain goodwill.
            sigpic
            Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
              It could happen, I can see there being like a 2 Hour finale.

BTW, I think Syfy should change their mission statement from "Imagine Greater" to "Indian Givers" lol.
              Last edited by Briangate78; 10 August 2011, 05:49 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

their motto is 'imagine greater...profits....and we'll do anything to get them'
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think a double-length final episode would be fantastic (I'm visualizing a two-hour wrap-up finale), but I agree with DigiFluid that it's probably not likely. I'm grateful that we get this much, I really am, considering other shows that haven't been so lucky.

I'm slowly getting used to the idea of no more Eureka, but it's still a little depressing. This has been my "cheer me up" show for several years now, even when it wasn't at its best, and I'm really really going to miss it. I guess that's what the DVDs are for though, right?

It does make me wonder about Warehouse 13's future though. Will Syfy's apparent five-season rule apply to them too? That would get them through 2013. But that would also mean the show's already almost half-way through its run, and to me it feels like it's just really getting started. Weird.

I think part of the problem (for me) is that five 13 episode seasons just doesn't feel like five regular-length seasons does. SGA had five seasons and ended with 100 episodes. Eureka will have had five seasons and will end with 77. If Warehouse 13 runs for five seasons, it will have about 65 episodes. *shrugs*
                  Last edited by Killdeer; 10 August 2011, 07:10 PM.
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                  Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                    I think a double-length final episode would be fantastic (I'm visualizing a two-hour wrap-up finale), but I agree with DigiFluid that it's probably not likely. I'm grateful that we get this much, I really am, considering other shows that haven't been so lucky.

I'm slowly getting used to the idea of no more Eureka, but it's still a little depressing. This has been my "cheer me up" show for several years now, even when it wasn't at its best, and I'm really really going to miss it. I guess that's what the DVDs are for though, right?

It does make me wonder about Warehouse 13's future though. Will Syfy's apparent five-season rule apply to them too? That would get them through 2013.
                    Anytime a show gets to it's 5th season, it truly takes a lot to get it past there. Increased ratings certainly help, but the older a series gets as you know the expenses get higher.

As per W13 talks for a 4th season renewal are already in the works, what will they do if it makes it to a 5th season and still the higest rated show on the network? That truly is a good question. W13 is even beating Wrestling on Syfy.

I'm happy that they will at least get a final episode to wrap up things. None of the Stargates got that.
                    sigpic

Comment

ouch, Syfy does it again never really watched the show, but i feel for the fans.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry, but when have you ever heard a network that is not the network-that-shall-not-be-named doing this to a POPULAR TV series that was its #2-#1 highest rated original scripted series? None. The only time this may have happened is when a series went on for like 9-10 seasons like The X-Files and Smallville, but when it lasts that long I don't mind it ending. But SyFy does this to EVERY series. I'm sorry, but series should be canceled for two reasons: 1) low ratings (SGU) 2) Producers end it on their own terms (Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica, Lost, and hopefully Fringe, but that's yet to be seen). And no network...NO NETWORK. HAS. EVER. PROMISED. A SEASON. AND. TAKEN. IT. BACK!!!! NONE! Unless I'm missing something, SYFY IS THE ONLY NETWORK THAT DOES THIS. And not only have they done this once, they did this TWICE with Farscape. And you could even say they did it three times when they promised future Stargate Sg-1 and Atlantis movies and didn't deliver. Yes, I know that MGM was the fault for not getting the movies, but nothing is stopping SyFy from ordering a couple movies for the fans themselves. I mean, they have enough money to make crappy b-grade movies that nobody cares about.

No network in their right mind would pull this sort of crap on fans. Especially a network that was supposedly made for this sort of programming and is supposed to understand sci-fi fans. Not even TNT, who renewed Falling Skies for a second season after just one episode would pull something like this on a loyal audience that was giving them numbers.
                        That is just my two cents.

Comment

Here's a thought, It wasn't the networks choice but the people who own them. The network apparently wanted more Eureka, just the bean counters moved in and made a MASSIVE mess. Syfy's PR dept truly needs to be gone, every crisis that comes up they handled like a ham fisted mess, starting way back at the end of Farscape. Silence is sometimes golden, and these Igjits need to know when to shut thier mouths.
                          sigpic
                          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                            It does make me wonder about Warehouse 13's future though. Will Syfy's apparent five-season rule apply to them too? That would get them through 2013. But that would also mean the show's already almost half-way through its run, and to me it feels like it's just really getting started. Weird.
                            And Sanctuary will be in it's 5th season too in 2013. SyFy can kill two shows in one year. Yippee.
                            Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Does anybody know whether Eureka actually run at a loss or whether it just didn't make enough? I get the impression it's the latter which if right, you have to question the mentality of a bean counter who say's the networks highest rated scifi show isn't profitable enough so cancel it, it's not like people are going to watch it's replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                                And Sanctuary will be in it's 5th season too in 2013. SyFy can kill two shows in one year. Yippee.
                                the space channel pays for Sanctuary so I don't know how much say that scifi will have.

Comment

Working...
                                X