Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    First Lieutenant Galileo_Galilee's Avatar

Default Re: Eureka canceled. Season 5 next year, beyond that, nothing.

Sigh. Another big screw up. Why do I even bother with this retarded channel.

Wow. This is upsetting. After the news last week, I was getting used to the idea of it ending, but now? I would be ok if we have a proper ending, but from what I'm hearing, they're only a couple of weeks or so from wrapping up filming on S5.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles

First Lieutenant Galileo_Galilee's Avatar

Well, at least we did get five seasons. That is actually a really good run on TV. I seriously doubt it would've gotten that much on a network.

Saying goodbye to Eureka from Wil Wheaton
    It turns out that the network formerly-known as Sci-Fi changed its mind, and took back the six episode sixth season. Eureka will have to wrap up season five and the entire series with the episode that starts filming on Thursday. I know they'll have to do some rewriting, so I'm hopeful that Bob Newhart is available.*
    And from a CNN article -
    Co-executive producer Amy Berg explained the situation to fans: "We are the network's golden child in every way, except profit margins. Fact is, #Eureka is an expensive show to make. And we could not maintain the quality of our show with the cuts it would take to make us profitable for Syfy's new parent company. Our creative execs at Syfy fought hard to keep us. Trust me, they LOVE us. We just couldn't make the numbers work."
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles

Second Lieutenant

I still don't believe this. Its even worse hitting than Stargate was because at least I could accept Stargate because of lower ratings. They tell us to tune in and when we do and reward them with ratings this is how they respond? I'd love to see Craig Engler justify this to fans the way he tried to justify SGU's cancellation, but he can't. Not the way SyFy handled this. I was giving Alphas a shot but now I won't anymore. I'm tired of this crap. At least FOX supports Fringe despite being the 18th most watched show (out of 20) on the network. I wish SyFy would show the same support to Eureka, which is the 2nd most watched scripted show on the network.

Ironic, because before Fringe FOX had a bad rep for sci-fi but they've shown nothing but support, saying even last week (right before Eureka was canceled) that "in order for Fringe to continue we just want the ratings we got right now" - and Fringe can't be any less expensive to produce than Eureka, while Eureka is tops, Fringe is more like the best kept secret.

At least I still have The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones and Fringe and Doctor Who. Hopefully Russel T. Davies decides to stick with Torchwood (since Starz said all that Torchwood needs to continue is the full support of Davies) and that show continues.
    That is just my two cents.

That article from producer Amy Berg answers my question - it was about profit margins and whether Eureka could maintain its quality with less money.

Although I understand it, that doesn't lessen my disappointment. Bummer.

Sig by Luciana

SyFy logo...Imagine Greater....I am and it's not you. I'm running out of shows and reasons to watch their network.
    Chicago Con Attendee 2011
    Chicago Con Attendee 2010
    GateCon Attendee 2008
    Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Eureka's numbers for last night...

2,248,000 Million viewers
    A18 - 49 0.7

Does not have canceled written on those numbers. Gotta say I am shocked but obviously something went wrong on the production end of things.

I do feel we may get something in the future after Season 5.
    <a href=http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11231&dateline=1312816860 target=_blank>http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1312816860</a>

This is sad..
    Formerly mamasue9 on GateWorld and mamasue on Delphi Forums when Darren had Stargate there

Major

Remember how people sent lots of letters to the network and saved the original Star Trek?
    And then lots of people saved the recent show Jericho by sending lots of nuts?

Let's start a campaign to save Eureka by sending the network boxes of killer bees, and mad cow disease.

Kinda sucks, I'll miss it, but it's not the show it used to be.

On the upside, I can scratch another Syfylis show off the list of things I watch.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Chief Master Sergeant Hohenzollern's Avatar

This is unfortunate for those that invested time in viewing the show, and the actors/workers that enjoyed the experience of telling the story of that show.

I had not seen the show, Eureka, in some time. Frankly; after how "SyFy" handled SGU (badly) I simply am NO LONGER willing to invest time in viewing ANY of their offerings.

It seems quite likely they will just yank, whatever it is I would have been interested in viewing, for more wrestling or more of those buffoons stumbling about old buildings in the dark.
    "Let's make it TEN. Ten's a nice...round...number..." -- Morty

Major

For those of you who follow me on G+, I posted an open letter to NBC UNiversal on it.

I am not surprised Eureka was all over the place when you do half season and this and that people get annoyed and ratings go down. The sad part is I was tired of Eureka anyway

May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Major

its true, syfy has always mismanaged their shows.
    they shoot themselves in the foot, but they don't seem to understand it. but they feel it.

There goes another one, I'm terribly sad about this, such good show going down the drain lately.
    http://email.faxem.com.au/download/files/01445/1279070/iStock_000010944279Small_Header.jpg
    - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Quote Originally Posted by Briangate78 View Post
    Eureka's numbers for last night...

2,248,000 Million viewers
    A18 - 49 0.7

Does not have canceled written on those numbers. Gotta say I am shocked but obviously something went wrong on the production end of things.

I do feel we may get something in the future after Season 5.
    I also believed there was a good chance we would get more after Season 5, until I read that filming for Season 5 is almost complete. If there is nothing firm before filming is done then I don't hold out much hope of seeing more later.

If the ratings remain steady, then maybe, just maybe there could be the possibility of movies down the line. *crosses fingers, eyes, toes, etc.*

This is so sad because I just started regularly watching Eureka again and was looking forward to another couple of seasons. It sounds like Eureka could have continued under the old guard, but the new owners are more fiscally conservative. That may be good for Syfy's bottom line, but it sucks if you're a fan of a long-running expensive show.

Sig by Luciana

Air Force Chief of Staff Everlovin's Avatar
    Dancing, singing, praising, and thanking!

Quote Originally Posted by maxbo View Post
    I also believed there was a good chance we would get more after Season 5, until I read that filming for Season 5 is almost complete. If there is nothing firm before filming is done then I don't hold out much hope of seeing more later.

If the ratings remain steady, then maybe, just maybe there could be the possibility of movies down the line. *crosses fingers, eyes, toes, etc.*

This is so sad because I just started regularly watching Eureka again and was looking forward to another couple of seasons. It sounds like Eureka could have continued under the old guard, but the new owners are more fiscally conservative. That may be good for Syfy's bottom line, but it sucks if you're a fan of a long-running expensive show.
    It also does not bode well for quality programming. More pseudo-reality shows, wrestling, and bad - bad movies.

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Quote Originally Posted by Everlovin View Post
    It also does not bode well for quality programming. More pseudo-reality shows, wrestling, and bad - bad movies.
    So, sadly true.

Sig by Luciana

Default Syfy orders additional episode for Season 5 for series Finale

Eureka Stars, Showrunner React to Shocking Cancellation; Syfy Orders Extra Series Finale Episode

http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_wi...gn=rss_kristin