X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August Theme - Aug 20-21 - Harry Potter

Yep

In honor of the last movie of a series many grew up with, August will be Harry Potter month.

All I ask is, for those that may not have seen the second movie, please don't make avatars or sigs with spoilers in them for that movie please.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

You mean the last movie that just came out...The second movie was 'The Chamber of Secrets'....
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I would assume that Sky means Deathly Hallows part duxe. Any of the other movies are fine to make six and avatars from.

However I do not know much of HP to be honest. never can get it from my locale library, two copies of each film, and they're almost always checked out. I'd like to watch the movies, but well, I like LOTR better to be honest, however I am now mostly curious of this series. Why everyone is so interested in it, what makes it so popular and such.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

anyone with at least 1 brain cell knows what Sky meant
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Yep...I'm just giving Sky a hard time....She works sooooo hard here, that ya gotta have fun with her sometimes!
          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Don't know much about HP, but I'm glad I caught the head's up this time.
            sigpic
            Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
            Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

I've read all the books. And have seen all the movies, with the exception of "Deathly Hallows", part 2 - which I'll wait to see when the DVD comes out.

Comment

Wooho a theme I got stuff for

Signatures - Note if it looks blurry when you upload, feel free to crop it down to 700x180, the GW uploader is a jerk.

http://generaljumperone.imgur.com/ha...s_part_2#nhDJI

http://generaljumperone.imgur.com/de..._avatars#6FoqA
                If you do anyone does use them please remember to state who made them.
                Last edited by General Jumper One; 08 August 2011, 10:53 PM. Reason: removed pics and put links to albums

Comment

They're certainly cool and even though taken from DH2, they don't spoil anything.
                  sigpic

Comment

Should be fun.

Standard disclaimer time : if anyone doesn't like Potterverse,they're under absolutely no obligation during the weekend of Aug 20-1 to buy Chocolate Frogs,eat Every-flavour Jellybeans ,carry a Marauder's Map, or swig Butterbeer.

( Standard non spoilery HP references in the above disclaimer can easily be googled....)
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Harry Potter - who's that?

Sounds like a lot of fun, looking forward to it!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                        Should be fun.

Standard disclaimer time : if anyone doesn't like Potterverse,they're under absolutely no obligation during the weekend of Aug 20-1 to buy Chocolate Frogs,eat Every-flavour Jellybeans ,carry a Marauder's Map, or swig Butterbeer.

( Standard non spoilery HP references in the above disclaimer can easily be googled....)
                        I already do all of those on a daily basis... might be why there is a keg named Breath of heather at the Cantina, deadly stuff, mostly only a wizard can drink it and feel a slight buzz

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          anyone with at least 1 brain cell knows what Sky meant
                          don't be grumpy

and yeah, i could have worded it better......plainly put, please do NOT spoil Deathly Hallows Pt 2 for folks. just cause you may have seen it 23 times, some haven't seen it once.

so no plot relevant spoilers please.

sigpic

Comment

I think what's made harry potter so popular is its appeal i think. The first book played to a lot of child fantasies....my life isnt' that much fun, i'm ordinary, my sibling is better liked....but wait, i'm special, i'm a wizard, i can go to this magic school, i can have these fun friends and experience these magical things...and wait, there IS something special about me.

it's like a 'long lost prince' fantasy

then there was a fun mix of magic and adventure.

It appealed to many.

so....avatars, sigs....let's have fun as the forum becomes a temporary Hogwarts Outlet School

sigpic

Comment

I have seen all of the movies but I shamefully haven't read the books They're just so long!
                              I know someone who could read the Order of the Phoenix in a weekend! It'd take me over a year to read it, so I just prefer the films
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
                              'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
                              : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
                              I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                              Indeed

Comment

Working...
                              X