X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're very welcome!
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I just redid my sig again and it is smaller than what I made it I made it to be 700 by 180 what happened?
      This is my sig I want to use
      Last edited by poundpuppy29; 26 January 2013, 12:31 PM.
      sigpic
      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

The sig in your post measures 299KB in PNG format,so that's almost 3 times the max the template/uploader can hold so it got ultra-compressed.

Try redoing the sig in jpeg format and at 700x180 & Max 100KB File size.Then re-upload it.

Comment

It's 298,71 KB. and a PNG
          That's too large.
          102.5 KB is the max.
          so when you upload it, it's resized.

Save it as a jpg and use that instead.

For example this will work:
          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

100KB is the max,Jper.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              Where did my sig go????

If you haven't been on the forum for a bit and your sig is missing, this may be why. In early August we changed the forum settings to disallow all sigs hotlinked from other sites. (A hotlink is when you use the [IMG ] [/IMG ] around a web address leading back to an image.

If your sig was hosted at sites such as photobucket, imageshack, signavatar, your sig is likely no longer visible.

You can get your sig back. The attached tutorial tells you how to go into your controls and upload an image to be a sig. The restrictions and limits are simple – and much what we've had all along.

A size limit of 700 pixels wide by 200 pixels tall.
              A file size of no more than 100K.
              A PNG, GIF or JPG file.

Sigs should be PG rated and in good taste. They should also not spoil upcoming shows or movies (In other words, if you live in the UK and get to see Doctor Who days/weeks before the rest of the world, please don't spoil some plot point for the rest of us and this applies to every country out there.)

If you're having any issues, please contact the mods or check out the 'Members Helping Members' thread. There's no shortage of help available.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31300[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]31301[/ATTACH]
              Repost of Post 1.Normally I break the attachments tag,but clicking on those is an easy way to see the display/info.

Comment

thanks for all the help I didn't know there was that big a difference between PNG & JPG
                sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

You're welcome!

Comment

I'm having a couple of issues with PhotoBucket when uploading pics to here: I resize the pics to forum compliance size , I refresh the page and when I upload them they show up in the previous size. Strangely enough, when I download to my laptop the size is correct. I am not saying it's a GW problem, because I think it is not. It's just a head's up to explain I am not circunventing the rules on purpose. I'm really struggling with it.
                    sigpic
                    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

don't tell me - you've already switched to the "New" PB...I'm resisting to the last minute. That new platform is still so buggy I don't know why they insist on it in what, 25 days?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                        don't tell me - you've already switched to the "New" PB...I'm resisting to the last minute. That new platform is still so buggy I don't know why they insist on it in what, 25 days?
                        I changed a long time ago, I was trying to get used to it. Oh, why, why, why...*head desk*
                        sigpic

Comment

Are you still able to post "Thumbnails" from PB?
                          That should reduce the pic sizes for your Sigs /posts automatically,esp if you use jpeg format.

(PNG and animated .gifs carry a much heavier filesize and can overload by hundreds or thousands of Kbs in posts,or compress/blur and ruin sigs.)

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            I had no choice the editor wasn't on the old one anymore glad to know I am not the only who hates the new PB that makes me feel better
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                              I had no choice the editor wasn't on the old one anymore glad to know I am not the only who hates the new PB that makes me feel better
                              It's hard to find anyone who likes it, to be honest. Adding all those sharing buttons doesn't make up for the mess in the uploading/ sizing pics. And the organizing is not fluid as well.
                              I have everything in thumbnails, just in case.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X