X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did my sig go?/Sig rules and questions

Where did my sig go????

If you haven't been on the forum for a bit and your sig is missing, this may be why. In early August we changed the forum settings to disallow all sigs hotlinked from other sites. (A hotlink is when you use the [IMG ] [/IMG ] around a web address leading back to an image.

If your sig was hosted at sites such as photobucket, imageshack, signavatar, your sig is likely no longer visible.

You can get your sig back. The attached tutorial tells you how to go into your controls and upload an image to be a sig. The restrictions and limits are simple – and much what we've had all along.

A size limit of 700 pixels wide by 200 pixels tall.

*Insert : IMAGE format ideally to be Max 700x 180 to minimize compression and ease pressure or refusal by the GW Uploader*

A file size of no more than 100K.
    A PNG, GIF or JPG file.

Sigs should be PG rated and in good taste. They should also not spoil upcoming shows or movies (In other words, if you live in the UK and get to see Doctor Who days/weeks before the rest of the world, please don't spoil some plot point for the rest of us and this applies to every country out there.)

If you're having any issues, please contact the mods or check out the 'Members Helping Members' thread. There's no shortage of help available.

sig tutorial_Page_2.jpgsig tutorial_Page_1.jpg
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 09 March 2013, 10:07 AM. Reason: *See Insert in blue .
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

My currently uploaded sig is a BMP. Will I be forced to convert it?
    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

As far as I know, your current one should be 'grandfathered in'...meaning it'll work. but the next one you upload should be one of the other formats.

sigpic

Comment

Ok, thanks.
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Just to clarify with folks, the 200 pixel element includes ALL the parts of your sig. Graphics, words, whatever you have it must total less than 200 pixels tall.

sigpic

Comment

I was resizing my sigs to be less than 53.7kb, does this mean I don't have to make them smaller than that anymore?

Comment

nope, just 100K or less

sigpic

Comment

Ha ha! My sig is still working even though it's hotlinked from photobucket! The unknown.entity prevails against all oppressors!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by unknown.entity View Post
                  Ha ha! My sig is still working even though it's hotlinked from photobucket! The unknown.entity prevails against all oppressors!
                  I do believe you've been oppressed.

Comment

Originally posted by unknown.entity View Post
                    All I see is a link. AWWWW! mine got oppressed to. Well I am not very happy right now. THANKS ALL THAT DIDN'T SHRINK YOUR SIG SIZE THAT LED TO THIS INJUSTICE!

Comment

Get your sigs uploaded will ya. Naked urls are ugly don't you know.
                      sigpic

Comment

This is injustice, I didn't shrink my sig size just to upload it to the crappy GW uploader that RUINED it's quality. it's all fuzzy now.

A size limit of 700 pixels wide by 200 pixels tall.
                        A file size of no more than 100K.
                        A PNG, GIF or JPG file.
                        And why is it 700 x 180 now?
                        And it won't let me upload anything that's not a JPEG.

Comment

With 100KB to play with,you can reformat to get the density you prefer then reupload.
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

What about sig-rotators - how do I get that to work? - and things like small buttons and stuff - I don't have one big sig, it's put together of different stuff and I can only upload one thing
                            sigpic
                            button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Rotators won't work now.
                              What you and others will have to do is upload your sigs individually to GW and change them manually.
                              ( See post 1 of this thread.)

Fuller explanations of why the sig hosting change was needed are in the Forum Announcement and in this thread : Change to the hosting of sigs

To combine your images together ,inset them all onto a background then upload them as one image.
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                              X