Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A review of Sanctuary from a new veiwer (+record break for most W's in a title)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A review of Sanctuary from a new veiwer (+record break for most W's in a title)

So I just finished watching Stargate again, and I checked IMDB to see if the actors have anything new, and I noticed Amanda Tapping was starring in a new series. And I wanted to check it out!

I downloaded it through XXXXXXXXX (the only way I could veiw it, won't get it on TV in Iceland) and started watching the first series.

Now I'll be honest here, I quite disliked the first episode, it was... flimsy. And didn't really get me all that interested in the series. But I perservered.. and the introduction of Druitt intruiged me, and the mysterious 5! The episodes were still, well, "flimsy" but they were interesting enough to keep watching. And I have to say, the one where they're tracking the monster in the warehouse was just a gem, I loved watching it all the way through, it was exciting and kept me on the edge of my seat. And some of the other ones were entertaining enough, like Nubbins and I liked Nikola and Druitt in it. But overall, I didn't really enjoy watching it.

I decided to download the second season, mostly due to not having anything else to watch while I bemuse myself with various things. So, I kept watching, I enjoyed the various episodes that involved The Five but didn't really like most of the episodes and halfway through I was seriously considering not downloading the third season, but I did want to finish the second, and so I did. And I really enjoyed the two parter in the end, about Kali, it was interesting, exciting and showed more depth in the Sanctuary universe than was ever done before. And I of course wanted to see the conclusion in Season 3!

After downloading it and starting to watch it I saw a definite improvement in the quality, it was more focused, on point and it just seemed.. better, the, so called flimsiness of it was gone. We got more interesting episodes and more cohesive ones, and I was really starting to enjoy the series, as I did throughout the season. There was some great character development in almost every episode. Although I have to admit that some of the contrivances in some of the episodes annoyed me to a degree, I managed to ignore them easily enough. And kept watching the rest of the series and was excited to see what the next episode had in store after every finishing the last one.

In conclusion I'd like to point out that I did enjoy some of the episodes in season 1 and 2, but season 3 just had many more great episodes. And I can securely say that after watching the entire series I wait with baited breath for October.
    Last edited by Kab; 06 August 2011, 09:29 AM.

just a note: you may want to remove the info about how you downloaded it.

Comment

in before the edit, or whatever they do. Yeah, never put where and how you got it. Not sure if I should report it.

Comment

Whopsy daisy! Sorry, I removed it now.

Comment

Working...
        X