Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Original timeline not exist ( inc spoilers for the movies/SGU)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original timeline not exist ( inc spoilers for the movies/SGU)

I realise that the original timeline introduced in first Stargate movie and SG-1 first episode currently not exist becuause there ise many original timeline changes:

1) Stargate Atlantis: Before I Sleep (possibly - when weir went back to past via Time Jumper)

2) Stargate SG-1: Moebius 1 & 2 - SG-1 stuck in the Ancient Egypt. First alternate SG-1 went back to same location to "restore" current timeline. At end of the Moebius 2, there is second alternate timeline.

this alternate timeline will last until:
    3) Stargate SG-1: Unending - Only "original" SG-1 member is Teal'c when he went back through time

4) Stargate Atlantis: The Last Man - "Original" timeline introduced in "Unending" was not changed because Sheppard went back to "original" timeline

5) Stargate Contiinum - second "original" timeline is erased and was changed when SG-1 went to "alternate timeline" and changed again when Cameron Mithcell went back to 20's

6) Stargate Universe: Time - this episode makes unclear becuase the timeline changes is more complicated. After this episode there is now fifth "original" timeline (in third and fourth "original" timeline, the crew of Destiny is dead)

7) Sixth "original timeline introduced in "Stargate Universe: Twin Destinies". It's totally complicated and colonel Telford is currently only person who is from fifth "original" timeline. As of this the second galaxy (also possibly the third unknown galaxy where the expedition planned to reach) is populated whith humans from Earth.

In effect, then, it might be said that the original timeline is the "sixth alternate" timeline, as it is the result of repeated historical interventions.

Ok...I now have a headache...
    sigpic

Comment

The way I see it is that we (as in us and those on the show) are in the LAST timeline shown, which is the one where we find a second Rush (Twin Destinies). All others dont have an stock in our timeline at all.

Comment

You aren't factoring in that predestination paradoxes affect the main timeline. IE, the canon timeline in SGU's Time is the one we never saw play out on-screen.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Generally speaking, time travel episodes have always resulted in minor changes to the timeline. Alternate timelines are often depicted, but the prior timeline is always restored. The only time travel episodes I can think of that had extreme consequences are SG-1 "2010" and "Unending," and SGA "Before I Sleep" and "The Last Man."

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
            Generally speaking, time travel episodes have always resulted in minor changes to the timeline. Alternate timelines are often depicted, but the prior timeline is always restored. The only time travel episodes I can think of that had extreme consequences are SG-1 "2010" and "Unending," and SGA "Before I Sleep" and "The Last Man."
            Yeah. Even those, they aren't depicting the canon timeline, they're depicting alternate timelines. Because the ultimate result of those episodes (minus Unending) were events in alternate timelines affecting the canon timeline. Like the 1000 Year Weir was never part of the canon timeline, she was from an alternate timeline that proved beneficial to our own. Pretty much all of the time travel episodes fall into that sort of definition.

Put succinctly, the canon timeline is perfectly intact. It's all those other timelines that should be worried
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Yeah. Even those, they aren't depicting the canon timeline, they're depicting alternate timelines. Because the ultimate result of those episodes (minus Unending) were events in alternate timelines affecting the canon timeline. Like the 1000 Year Weir was never part of the canon timeline, she was from an alternate timeline that proved beneficial to our own. Pretty much all of the time travel episodes fall into that sort of definition.

Put succinctly, the canon timeline is perfectly intact. It's all those other timelines that should be worried

So what you're saying is that the team we watch from the beginning of say Moebius, is actrully a team from an AR? And the one we see at the end is "ours"?
              Because this is what I always figured and I thought I was the only one to think this.
              The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
              Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

I don't look at it in such a linear way. The stuff that happened before happened in the time-line that we're now in as far as I'm concerned, and it's the start of these stories that show us an AU, not the end.

Comment

Originally posted by JedI Master of the Gate View Post
                  So what you're saying is that the team we watch from the beginning of say Moebius, is actrully a team from an AR? And the one we see at the end is "ours"?
                  Because this is what I always figured and I thought I was the only one to think this.
                  That's absolutely how I've always interpreted them. In the immortal words of Teal'c, "ours is the only reality of consequence."

Comment

I always thought that the first original team from season 1 all died in '2010' and then the team upto season 8 were all killed in 3000 BC. Kind of sad...

Unending really doesn't count as a timeline as it took place in a time dilation field...

Comment

Working...
                    X