Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spoilers through S32/6 . Is Kovarian(Eye Patch Lady) River Song?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoilers through S32/6 . Is Kovarian(Eye Patch Lady) River Song?

Now It has been said that there is a huge twist with River Song it the finale or episode 12, I don't remember. If so look at the second season trailer. Can be found here. We see that River Song is wearing the same eye patch that Kovarian wears with the same grin. Could she have regenerated into the River Song that we know? Discuss.
    thelastgreatprophecy.com

Melody Pond regenerates into Kovarian at the end of "Day Of The Moon" after killing the 1103 year old version of the Doctor, then regenerates again into River Song during the egyptian set episode in season 6 (series 32), who then goes onto appear as River in the following canonical order of River's life, through her perspective:

The Impossible Astronaut
    Day Of The Moon
    A Good Man Goes To War
    The Pandorica Opens
    The Big Bang
    Flesh And Stone
    The Time Of Angels
    Silence In The Library
    Forest Of The Dead (Her "death" episode)

(EDIT: The above list MIGHT be in the wrong order, but I won't know until I can watch each one, taking down episode notes, and discovering the correct order)

I can see that happening actually.
    Last edited by Billz; 05 August 2011, 01:04 AM.
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Regarding the eyepatch, they arent the only ones in the trailers seen with an eyepatch...

Comment

From the latest trailer I've been thinking this too, although maybe the eye patch on her was just thrown in to mess up our dedicated speculation. Damn you Moffat!
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
          From the latest trailer I've been thinking this too, although maybe the eye patch on her was just thrown in to mess up our dedicated speculation. Damn you Moffat!
          Ive been thinking this, it would seem too obvious for Moffat to throw that image out for her to be Eye Patch Lady
          Its probably going to be a curve ball or something we arent expecting, but as I said, would he make it that obvious?

Comment

Originally posted by kcatlantis View Post
            Now It has been said that there is a huge twist with River Song it the finale or episode 12, I don't remember. If so look at the second season trailer....We see that River Song is wearing the same eye patch that Kovarian wears with the same grin. Could she have regenerated into the River Song that we know? Discuss.
            Okay, that was *weird*.
            Timeline is really screwed up, now. Kovarian delivering herself as baby Melody??
            Nasty grin on River Song's face too, in that trailer. But such things aren't always to be totally trusted... maybe she killed or someone else killed Kovarian, and River took the eyepatch as a bounty prize, just for show.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
              Okay, that was *weird*.
              Timeline is really screwed up, now. Kovarian delivering herself as baby Melody??
              Nasty grin on River Song's face too, in that trailer. But such things aren't always to be totally trusted... maybe she killed or someone else killed Kovarian, and River took the eyepatch as a bounty prize, just for show.
              Thats quite a good idea, or just the fact that the person who tried to use her as a weapon is dead now...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                Ive been thinking this, it would seem too obvious for Moffat to throw that image out for her to be Eye Patch Lady
                Its probably going to be a curve ball or something we arent expecting, but as I said, would he make it that obvious?
                perhaps she's dressed ad Kovarian in a similar way to how she was dressed as Cleopatra in series 5
                People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

It could also be a form of control, we dont know anything about Kovarian, her link to the Doctor or why she wants so badly to eradicate him.

It could also, be a way of getting her into Kovarians inner circle, using the eye patch to fein control, but the Doctor did something to it, like a BIG version of the Torchwood contact lenses.

N.C

Comment

Interesting idea, although it could be many other things. I do like the idea as a possibility...
                    sigpic

Comment

I was wondering whether the puffy-faced bloke with an eye-patch is the Doctor in some sort of disguise...

Comment

i think Let's kill hitler put this theory to bed
                        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

She could be part of The Silence. Or did LKH imply she must be? Too much timey-wimey for poor Q.

Comment

Actually "Let's Kill Hitler" is the episode that makes the theory a good possibility. What does River say all the time over and over beating it into everyone's mind: Spoilers!!

Spoilers are a bad thing. Some things have to happen and shouldn't be messed with. River did not come to help the Doctor during Demon's Run for this very reason. Now think back about the episode LKH. The Doctor knows something he shouldn't know now. He knows his time of death and he knows that River does it. What would happen if the Doctor breaks his own rules and messes with the event or by inviting his friends there to witness it alter the outcome in some small way. River may not be River anymore and as Quizziard said you may get some strange timey-wimey stuff. River turns into Kovarian and kidnaps herself?!!

I don't think that is the case however there are too many numerous possibilities to even get a good guess. Kovarian could be Rani. Its been suggested in the past (season 1 and 2 doctors) that a timelord has the ability to take on the face of someone else who is not a timelord. Did River take on the face of Kovarian in LKH? Kovarian has the ability to time travel some how. How else did they get presumably young River back into the 60s in the spacesuit? Kovarian is Flesh. Someone went and retrieved River's memories from the library. The list can just keep going on and on. So many possibilities.
                            haha JMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by elexsor View Post
                              He knows his time of death and he knows that River does it.
                              The second part is still hotly debated and will be until the visor of the Impossible Astronaut is lifted on-screen... (and probably for some time after that! )

Comment

Working...
                              X