Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas break!

Given that everyone's usually far too busy this time of year to do too much artworking we thought we wouldn't issue a challenge during December. If you do want some suggestions for art to make though, you could either...

Make some challenge post banners - we can always use more of these They need to be sig-sized and have either "Challenge of the Week" or "Tutorial Week" on them

Join the Woohoos in celebrating Martinmas over on the Martin Woohoodstock Thread - we spend 12 days celebrating over the Christmas period with pretty art and general craziness. The art doesn't have to be Martin Wood, we're pretty easy-going Make whatever you like and come join in the fun

Your next official Artwork for All challenge will be posted on Friday 4thh January to inspire us out of the post-Christmas food/booze/family coma

Comment

What a great thread! Can't wait to contribute after the holidays - for now, just for fun, I did the textures challenge from a bit ago, layering them with a drawing I did of RDA

sigpic
      signature art by lunasera

Comment

Gorgeous art Lunasera and SCIMM!

I thought that was the case, Jumble (And thank you for the welcome back, as from you as well SCIMM)

I don't really have a muse for artworking lately but I did make a Tony Stark wallie awhile back that I may or may not have shared... (I don't even know when I last posted here...) I'll post it if anyone is interested.
        sigpic
        Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Welcome to the thread Lunasera Please feel free to post any of your artwork here, it doesn't have to be for a challenge

Yami, we'd love to see that as well as any other pieces you've made

Comment

Here is the Tony Stark Wallie:

And here is another wallie I made on my brand new laptop and portable GIMP:

These wallpapers I made from the promotional art for a girl group that made for the League of Legends World Championship. These ladies are actual characters in the game, but since I don't play it I don't know how to attain the 'Skins'. If you want to hear the song, here is the URL. It's also why I did not watermark these. I did not add any color/stock/textures to them, just a basic border and made them 1920x1080.

sigpic
            Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Gorgeous wps Yami I'd love to see a tutorial for the Tony Stark one, whenever you have the time

Comment

Alright, Jumble. I'll see if I can find the file and type one up but it's been so long that I'm not sure I remember the coloring but I will try for you.
                sigpic
                Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Ok, no worries if you can't, I just really like the style

Comment

Here is the tutorial that Jumble asked for. Note: This wallpaper is over 3 months old so I do not actually remember all the colorizations used in this, so I will tell what I did to get the base finished and let you have your own colorization. I also add in what I think I was thinking when I added some of the images/textures.

Also: You can find both MissDeviantE textures used in this pack.

Spoiler:
                    1) Wallpaper is 1920x1080. Doesn't matter the color you choose for the background, it's going to get covered up with the texture: As Time Goes By by MissDeviantE. I do not believe that I resized it.

2) Add your character, for me it was a Tony Stark picture that I believe I found with Google Images. Blend as much as you want, just make sure most of your character can be seen.

3) Add Another picture of your character. This one with a background that shows the main part of the character. For Tony Stark, I chose his Iron Man Suits pic from, I believe, Iron Man 3. Blend in as best you can.

4) Take at least 6 images, screencaps or promotional images, and make sure they are the same width. Height doesn't truly matter here or so I think. Resize them to small images. I chose to use mine to show off some achievements/life changing events for Tony Stark.

5) New Layer. I used a gradient to lighten the center and darken the top right and bottom left parts of the wallpaper. I can not find the gradient online since I only have the name Cold Steel 2, which I believe that I used. (Note: I use GIMP so I'm not sure if there are photoshop versions of it or not if you can find it.) Otherwise, use whichever gradient you think will look best for your character. I also put this on Hard Light, 100%.

6) Add some small text around the smaller images. They can be quotes, or something you can think up. Add a small stroke to these texts.

7) Add the Light texture by MissDeviantE and set it to screen. I flipped the texture horizontally and I don't remember why I chose to do that. :/

8) Colorization: I know for the first one, I darkened the wallie and dropped the opacity down a bit.

9) On a new layer, add a another type of colorization. I think I only used Jfotography curves for this wallie but I could be wrong. I left this one alone. I think it was a winter/blue curve.

10) Add in the name of your character, rotate it to how you wish. Then add a bevel and emboss to it.

11) I added another curve layer. And left that one alone. This one was much more yellowy/orangey to offset the blue which I apparently did not want. It also brighten the wallpaper.

12) Add a small stroke on the inside of the wallpaper, and you are done!

I hope that this was enough for you guys. I don't remember much about making this wallie and to add to this, I also switched to a portable version of GIMP so I could make art on my new laptop if I wanted.
                    sigpic
                    Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Thanks Yami

Comment

You're welcome, Jumble!
                        sigpic
                        Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Here is a Beckett Avatar I made for Christmas with and without brick. The Beckett image was edited in Corel PSP X8 using the auto selection and edit selection features and was done in pieces, which were merged together when saved as png. The background textures are from PhotoImpact Pro 13 and one is from: https://summitsoft.com/products/500-textures/.

Without Brick With Brick

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Heyo all I am gonna try making a planet from a tut made for photoshop. I think I can alter it and work with it in GIMP, but we'll see. I am used to finding random planets via Wookieepedia to use in my planet info sheets for writing projects of mine. So Im gonna try and make my own planet off a tut

But I am curious, would people here want to see it ? Normally the art I've seen here is mostly featuring people and certain themes. Havent really had a Space Theme for a tut week or even just a challenge week

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

*blows the Holiday dust off the thread*

hello everyone, I know I have been away a while but I thought I say happy new year to all of you and leave you my last drawing of 2018

Comment

Aw, cute penguin Az'ryel - and a Happy New Year to you too

CHALLENGE WEEK 276

WHAT DID YOU WATCH?

So the Christmas break has come and gone and we’re all getting back to ‘normal’, but what movies or tv shows did you enjoy over the last couple of weeks? What gave you a warm, fuzzy, scary or nostalgic feeling when you look back on it?

Your challenge this week is to make some artwork depicting any movie or tv show that you’ve watched recently

PLEASE SEND YOUR ENTRIES TO JOSIANE BY 5PM UK TIME ON FRIDAY 18th JANUARY.

Please make sure you put your name or initials on your artwork – thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X