Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
    20in20s... It's 20 icons in 20 themes, but roughly, it think it's just the name people on LJ came up with. There are dozens 20in20s communities.

We're going to do 7 icons from 7 different themes.

Does that clear it up a bit?
    Immensely! Thank you!

Alright...I made this months ago...

Using this tutorial--->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfFJJq2VeMk ...I hope video tuts are allowed.
    sigpic
    Sig by ME.

Comment

Hey guys! Looking forward to all the great artwork...especially when there are tutorials too!

Grabs a balloon...or two.
      sigpic
      I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

*stumbles in* Hey, I'm all in! I'll have to...ya know...actually find time for Gimping. *looks longingly at Gimp* Maybe with the challenges being posted on Fridays I can actually remember to PM them to someone, lol.
        sigpic

Comment

oooh, I'll join the fun, really busy a lot lately, but will join in when I can. I'll share today's Photoshop excursion

full size 1920x1080
          http://loserinc.deviantart.com/#/d42fwov/
          sigpic

Comment

Oooh what a lovely thread. Thanks for the invitation. I'll certainly see what I can do.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the invite . . . I am excited to work on some stuff other than Sanctuary (as much as I love it, my other shows need some support as well). I have been away from this forum for too long and I guess this is a great way to jump back in. I have been asked to write up a tut for one of my recent pieces, so I will have to post that as soon as I have it written up.
              sigpic
              || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

Comment

*bounces in*

Wow so much interest already, thanks for posting everyone !

No time to catch up properly now *shakes fist at RL* but I sense a large MQ in my future...

For now, just want to say I made the banner following a gorgeous tut and will post the linky later on today. Can I just ask that if you are posting someone else's tutorial, please credit that person if possible (i.e. If it's from livejournal and perhaps leave them a comment with a link to this thread). Don't worry if you can't always do this but it's definitely good practice!

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                  Cool.

Okay, that only clears about half of it up for me...

This explanation is a little bit better but I still don't get the wording... 20in20s... is it like, 20 icons in 20 s...something? Or am I still being stupid about this?
                  20 icons in 20 days - 7 icons in 7 days I was obviously missing the point last night - blame it on the lateness of the hour and the excitement of having such a huge response to the thread

Welcome to the thread Nik, Bree, LJ, Loserinc, Maneth and ClassicCouples Hope I didn't miss anyone.....

*waves to Sarai* See you all later

Comment

I'm here!!!!!
                    Yeah for tutorials, though I use Photoshop just sometimes. I do my best with video editing (Sony Vegas )
                    sigpic
                    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                      I'm here!!!!!
                      Yeah for tutorials, though I use Photoshop just sometimes. I do my best with video editing (Sony Vegas )
                      Welcome Sil

Tutorials don't have to be restricted to PS or Gimp - I for one wood welcome some vidding tips as well I use Power Director but I'm pretty new at it so any advice wood be much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                        Welcome to the thread

Your first attempts? They turned out well Love Captain Jack
                        Thanks, they're my first attempts at doing a sig from scratch, by creating the background instead of just grabbing an image and sticking it onto a background I found elsewhere.
                        sigpic

Comment

Welcome Sil

Tutorials don't have to be restricted to PS or Gimp - I for one wood welcome some vidding tips as well I use Power Director but I'm pretty new at it so any advice wood be much appreciated
                          any particular reason you're using that specific piece of software Jumble??
                          hey it's Wednesday I'm allowed
                          sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
                            any particular reason you're using that specific piece of software Jumble??
                            hey it's Wednesday I'm allowed
                            I was just about to explain that it's cheaper and a lot easier to understand than other's I've tried - then I saw what you meant

I LOVE my Power Director

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
                              Thanks, they're my first attempts at doing a sig from scratch, by creating the background instead of just grabbing an image and sticking it onto a background I found elsewhere.
                              That's how most of us got started Please feel free to ask any questions you like (even if they seem daft ) and we'll try to help. We were all artwork newbies once

A little reminder for tomorrow.......

Come join the party and post all your sigs - or just come for the wine and broccoli
                              Last edited by Jumble; 03 August 2011, 03:33 AM.

Comment

*waves to everyone who joined since my last post* (Ohhhh, laziness)

Come join the party and post all your sigs - or just come for the wine and broccoli
                                Or come for both.
                                sigpic
                                Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                                My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                                Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Working...
                                X