• Show
Clear All

Challenge 281

New

SCIMM

Jumble

Comment

Tutorial Week 80

This week is a Tutorial Week. Every couple of months, we don’t issue a challenge, but instead want to encourage thread participants to share their expertise and try something new, using tutorials.

This is how it works:

1. Share a tutorial: Write a tutorial for a piece of art you have made recently, or post a piece of art you have made with the link to the tutorial you followed when you made it.

2. Follow a tutorial: Use one (or more) of the tutorials that other thread members have shared during the week to make a piece of art of your own.

The idea is that we should both teach something and learn something throughout the week It’s not obligatory to do both, if you’re limited for time, but we’d like to encourage you to please both share and follow at least one tutorial if at all possible.

At the end of the week we will post all the tutorials along with any art made following each tutorial, so that we can see all the different interpretations all together.

PM your entries to Josiane by 5pm (UK time) on Friday 26th April

Comment

Sorry about not having made any artwork for tut week. My computer crashed earlier this week, all attempts at saving it failed and it's now completely dead.

No files were lost, last backup was two days old when it happened, but I will need to buy a new one

Leaving tomorrow morning for Wales Comic Con, shopping for a new computer will have to wait

Comment

Sorry to hear that, SCIMM, but hope you have fun in Wales!

There were no entries for tut week, so here’s your next challenge...

Challenge 282

7in7 icons

We haven’t done one of these in a while...
          7 icons, all on one canvas, from the following prompts:

Small
          Sad
          Bright
          Close
          Flowers
          White
          Multiple pictures

PM your entries to Jumble by 5pm UK time on Friday 10th May
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Hope you have a great time at Comic Con SCIMM

Challenge entry.........

(click for full size)

Comment

Thank you josi and Jumble - I had the best time in Wales despite Storm Hannah I got to meet RDA for the first time, what a lovely guy! Not to mention the photo op with both AT and RDA - a dream come true!

I got my new computer, a refurbished Dell and it's now up and running, so I can start making art again

Comment

Challenge entry:

(click for full size)

Comment

Lovely entry SCIMM - well thought out

Comment

Challenge 282

7in7 icons

We haven’t done one of these in a while...
                    7 icons, all on one canvas, from the following prompts:

Small
                    Sad
                    Bright
                    Close
                    Flowers
                    White
                    Multiple pictures

SCIMM

Jumble

Comment

Banner by Jaded Wraith

CHALLENGE WEEK 283

Smokey Shades

Your challenge this week is to make a piece of artwork using smokey brushes like these

http://www.deviantart.com/art/SMOKEY...shes-156482732

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Smoke-...shes-121021417

http://www.deviantart.com/art/photos...ghts-108900905

or any others that you prefer BUT you must use only one colour! You can use different shades, but they must be based on just one colour

SEND YOUR ARTIES TO JOSIANE BY 5PM UK TIME ON FRIDAY 24TH MAY
                      (please remember to put your name or initials on you artwork)

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                        Lovely entry SCIMM - well thought out
                        Thank you, Jumble. I looked at your entry for inspiration, these 7in7 is not my strong side

Comment

Well I'm glad I managed to inspire you

Smokey brushes are not my strong point either, but I had a go...................

Comment

What you've done with it makes it look very dreamy/ghosty, Jumble

Comment

Challenge entry:

I'm not sure I did it right though. All brush work is in #c2ab7c but I used texture layers above and under them to create the background.

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                                What you've done with it makes it look very dreamy/ghosty, Jumble
                                Thank you, that's what I was aiming for

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                                Challenge entry:

http://an-c.dk/at/gateworld/artwork/scimm-challenge-week-283-smokey-shades-sam-and-jack-700x394.jpg

I'm not sure I did it right though. All brush work is in #c2ab7c but I used texture layers above and under them to create the background.
                                It looks great!

Comment

Working...
                                X