X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHALLENGE 296

‘DREAMS’

(suggested by Az’ryel)

Your challenge this week is to create a piece of art using the above prompt. As ever, whatever interpretations you care to put on it is ok

PLEASE SEND YOUR ENTRIES (WITH YOUR NAME OR INITIALS ON ) TO JUMBLE BY 5PM UK TIME ON FRIDAY 31ST JANUARY

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
      If it's 8x10 inches, it seems like it would be 576 x 768 pixels in a 72 DPI resolution.
      If it's meant for printing I'd go for a 300 DPI resolution which is 2400 x 3200 pixels.
      Next question! How do you change the DPI resolution? :O

edit: Nevermind! Just figured it out!
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
        Next question! How do you change the DPI resolution? :O

edit: Nevermind! Just figured it out!
        Glad to hear that, since I know nothing about Gimp

Comment

Ok. Here is Ever being clueless again. I finished with my arty thing. It's as good as I can get it with my current level of inexperience. How do I save it was a jpeg or whatever it's supposed to be? It keeps coming up with the .xcf

Got that figure out. What is it with this exporting business and it not being on the basic tut I have?

I went wrong somewhere, but I'm too fried to figure out where today...

Last edited by Everlovin; 18 January 2020, 12:50 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Nice work for a first try in a new program

I usually save in png for my computer, and a lower resolution jpg for upload here to get under the 100 kb limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
              Nice work for a first try in a new program

I usually save in png for my computer, and a lower resolution jpg for upload here to get under the 100 kb limit.
              True about the resolution, but I was making it to print and put on my wal in my office. Someone said to do the higher resolution
              sigpic

Comment

Everlovin: Easy, when you are given the options of saving, dont just hit SAVE as it will automatically dsave the progress in GIMPs native format of .xcf For you wanting to save it as a .jpg you will want to go to EXPORT AS then title it and ensure to add the .jpg normally .png is already there, so replacing that with .jpg is easy

If you have further questions I can send you a discord server link I aqm a moderator on related strictly to GIMP

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                  True about the resolution, but I was making it to print and put on my wal in my office. Someone said to do the higher resolution
                  Yes, it's so important to be aware of that.
                  I'd save it in Gimp's native format in order to go back and work on it. In png for print/computer, and then a smaller, low resolution jpg for use here on GW.
                  No wonder we need bigger and bigger hard drives

Comment

Quick question to everyone who is using GIMP: Is it running on Windows 10 well? Switching to that OS soon and I couldn't find any detailed info if it does work on that one well
                    Last edited by DarkenLycht; 28 January 2020, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
                      Quick question to everyone who is using GIMP: Is it running on Windows 10 well? Switching to that OS soon and I couldn't find any detailed info if it does work on that one well
                      I use windows 10 home edition, it was one of the first things I installed on it, works fine for me

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                        I use windows 10 home edition, it was one of the first things I installed on it, works fine for me
                        Thank you, then I hope it will for me as well, I found (old) threads online about the program not working alright on Win 10 so I thought it's better to ask here

Comment

Challenge entry:

Comment

Challenge entry as well

Comment

Nice entries ladies

Here's mine..............

Comment

Aw, Jumble, that's a sweet one

Comment

Working...
                                X