Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHALLENGE WEEK 176

MATCHING SET

Very simple – make a matching set of avi, sig and wp.
    Any subject you like, any style you like… you get the picture

SEND YOUR ENTRIES TO SARAI BY 5PM UK TIME ON FRIDAY AND PLEASE REMEMBER TO PUT YOUR NAME OR INITIALS IN THE FILENAME – IF THAT’S NOT POSSIBLE, PLEASE SIGN YOUR PIECES

Comment

It is strange, within a WEEK we lose David Bowie, Hans Gruber {that's the only role I remember Rickman in} and Celine Dions husband, all of them two days apart aparently

This year is off to a good start! {NOT!} *shivers*

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Here is the tutorial that Bandcat requested:

How I made this sig in PS:CS5 (does contain 2 PSD's: )

Spoiler:
        1) Open a document to your prefered signature size: mine is 500x180. I chose a transparent background, you can choose whatever color you wish (It will be covered up completely.)

2) Take this texture. Resize it to the whole canvas (Do not keep aspect ratio.) Due to the snap feature that I currently have turned on my PS, I didn't like that you could see the transparent background so I duplicated the texture.

3) Take that same texture again, but this time do not resize it and leave as is. Set to Screen, 29%.

4) Duplicate that again, erase anything you don't like (You can always go back and erase more later on.) Leave Blending Mode and Opacity alone.

5) Add these PNG's (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) and set all but the blue clouds to Soft Light, 100%, the blue clouds stay Normal, 100%. Place wherever you like them to be. OR skip this step until you've gotten your character/s pictures finished. You may have to resize some of these.

6) Take a picture of the person/people you wish to use. Cut them out as well as you can. Normal, 100%. Add a blank layer underneath this one and with a soft black brush, add a little shadow around the person/people.

7) Add This Reincarnation PSD. Leave as is. Then add this PSD (Including the two adjustment layers underneath the folder.) The Optional -BW layer: Change Opacity to 51%. The I love the heat! layer: Change Opacity to 7% and Fill to 25%. The Folder change Opacity to 34%.

8) Create a stamp. Gaussian blur but at a really low radius ~1.1. Set this to Screen, 47%.

9) Create another stamp. Topaz Clean: Crispstyle. Normal, 50%. (Use your own filters if you do not have Topaz.)

10) Create another stamp. Sharpen. Set to Normal, 67%.

11) Create a blank layer. Using a small 1 to 2 pixel square brush, brush in the lines from the original texture from step 1. Holding Shift down while you do this will ensure a straight line. Erase any mistakes you have made. Set this to Soft Light, 46%.

12) I noticed a little mistake next to River's nose, so I created a stamp and used a small soft brush and color from around her nose to blend in the mistake. (This is optional if there are no mistakes on your sig.)

13) Text: Let's not waste it: DJB Dear St. Nick, 24 pt, #9b7a55. Place in the center and bottom.
        If tonight is all we have left: Delicious SmallCaps, 10 pt, #a68767. Fill: 33%. Blending Option: Stroke: Black, Size: 1.

14) Add a watermark, if you do, and you are finished.

If you have any questions, please let me know
        sigpic
        Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

*drags herself in, drops in a heap of ice and snow* Oy! Finally finished a heck of a project, it may not look like much, but still, getting their eyes to line up took me an hour before I gave uop and ended up lining up their noses instead {which had the desired effect I was looking for with lining up their eyes} The border is completely custom made using Elsa's signature snowflake pattern. If you cant read the text it says the following in spoilers

Spoiler:
          To protect those you love you must be ready, and to be ready is to be loved
          the Ancient Protector {over Mark} The Heart of the Mountain {over Elsa}
          Two Ancient Souls {over their swords}
          How do you protect the ones you love the most ?

Its a art piece for my latest and currently my favorite project, Frozen Memories

It took me exactly 2 hours and 27 minutes to make this piece, aside from one hour just lining up the pictures {which once I figured out to line up their noses instead of their eyes} the only problem was the title text which took an additional hour to figure out {Frozen Memories} I keep forgetting how I made the icy text, but finially remembered! Anyhow, this is the result!

http://fav.me/d9o8ij0

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Thanks for the tut, yamii

Comment

Great artwork, everyone.

Wish I could do art right now.
              Spoiler:
              Recovering from a chaotic Saturday night. My husband's car was totaled in a joyride rollover (no fatalities or severe injury). Two hours later, on our way to the hospital about that, we hit a full-grown bull elk at 50-ish mph (80-ish kph) in my car. That one may be totaled. But all involved parties, including the elk, walked away!!! I have pics of my car up on my Instagram feed @apostolicknitter

Comment

Thanks yamii
                sigpic
                Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

Busy busy start to the year with no time to play for a while But I'm off work today so dusted off PS and here's something for the challenge:

Gorgeous work last week, everyone, and thanks for the tut, yami! lg, yikes about your cars Glad no-one has been hurt, even if the cars are a wreck
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                    lg, yikes about your cars Glad no-one has been hurt, even if the cars are a wreck
                    So are we! Just so grateful we want to tell everyone.

Comment

Made the avi and wp, but struggling to convert it to a sig

Last edited by Jumble; 21 January 2016, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Gorgeous arts everyone! And you are all welcome!

I have been trying to upload to PB but there seems to be something wrong...It keeps failing and only gets to 90% and then freezes... So I've uploaded to Imagebam (I do not know if this site changes the filename but I have signed both the sig and wallie but not the icon due to size.)

sigpic
                        Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Nice work Yami Your name is in the title

I had problems uploading to PB yesterday - I just left it running and it did work eventually

Comment

Best I can do for the matching sig...

Comment

Looks amazing, Jumble! Well done.
                              sigpic
                              Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                              Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Thanks JW - I wasn't really happy with it but it's growing on me

Comment

Working...
                                X