Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI i'm L4 of the WEST and i'm currently working on (as for as i know) the only stargate SG1 Starship troopers crossover

a short synopsis
    Spoiler:
    the 7 Fleet (a force that a main mission is to protect to colonies in the galactic east from forth attack and has become the dumping ground for officers that have embarrassed the Terran federation in one way or another) is attacked by a forth super weapon resulting in several ships being dumped in to the stargate universe. the story fallows the terran federation in the east as they build up a new power and it interact with the main powers of the galaxy including the rising power of the Tua'ri in the west (started in season 5) who get there hand on one of there ships before they even meet the terran forces. they also have to deal with the fact that not all the ships were to gather when they arrived and some were caring thing that are more dangerous then goa'uld. and it up to 18 chapter so yeah a lot of other stuff to

i'm looking for a beta that can help me with spelling and grammar as i'm am dyslexic and dysgaphic. also need help with characterization of the SGC as I'm always afraid I'm screwing that up.

thank you for your consideration
    I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    My Stargate SG1/Starship Toopers (based on Mongoose Publishing work) crossover
    7th Fleet Lost
    http://forums.spacebattles.com/threa...ssover.281314/
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9110517/1/7th-Fleet-Lost

Comment

Will be looking for a beta at some point in the future for my Enlisted fanfic. I'm pretty good with the whole spelling/grammar thing, but I would need someone to just catch my oopsies and possibly (if they've seen the show) make sure I haven't gone off track with characterization. Familiarity with U.S. military (particularly Army) a plus. Samplings of my other fanfic writings are found in the links in my sig, but bear in mind, they are not recent.

Oh, and it will probably be MA (graphic), either for sex, emotions, violence, or all three.
      Last edited by Whytewytch; 23 February 2014, 12:00 PM.
      sigpic
      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

I'm looking for a new beta for my Game of Thrones story. I've got five complete chapters with part of a sixth in the works.

Any takers?
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I'm looking for a beta reader for my stargate Jack/Sam romanic stories. My weakness is speeling and Grammer. I've got number of complete sories and working on a stargate/sea patrol story. If any one who can help me please let me know on gate world or Fan fiction. In the past i've had people who contacted me telling me that they can beta read for me. when i send them part of my story, i never hear from them again. I've been let down time and time again
          http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1000372/ALIMOO1971
          JACK & SAM O'NEILL 4 EVA

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
            Sorry, Alimoo! With NaNo coming up next month and November already being busy on the personal side, too (birthdays, anniversaries, a trip up north to help my folks for a few days, etc), Thanksgiving (I usually get to hostess), work getting busier (I'm in direct sales and will be flat out between now and Christmas), and new responsibilities with my RWA (which bring new expectations, at least from me), I am just not going to have the time. I wish you the best of luck, though.

Can you tell us a little more about your work? You say they're romance, with Jack/Sam--are they sweet, innocent romances, dark romances, suspense, whump, erotica, what? What's the average length of your chapters? I know that's hard to pin-point, but we all tend toward a certain length--mine usually run 2K words up to around 3K, for example. Are they novel-length or novellas, ficlets or flash fics or drabbles or what?
            Sorry for not posting this sooner, alot sooner, i've been going through a lot in the past eighteen months with two deaths in the family, my pet cat was killed, battle legs wounds, infections, blood posioning, stomach gasto problems which the doctors cant work out in the past year as other health issues and it taken it toll on me. In my stories jack and Sam romanic. all my stories are 200 pages plus long
            http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1000372/ALIMOO1971
            JACK & SAM O'NEILL 4 EVA

Comment

200+ pages -- that requires a beta with a lot of time on their hands. Perhaps you could also try to find someone in the Sam/Jack thread who might be interested in helping out.

I have no time for 200+ pages, and I really hate Sam/Jack so that would not go well.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Looking for someone to beta my rarewomen fic. You can guess by the subject it deals with the ladies of Stargate, more accurately Atlantis. The boys make a brief appearance, but the main characters are Kate, Laura, Elizabeth and Teyla. It's general -- with a hint of Kate/Elizabeth.

It's not finished yet, as I'm writing the end - which I'm hoping will be done today.

I'm finished, and the fic rounds down to 2554 words in total. And dare I state I require a beta rather urgently too since the deadline is may 4th (so may the fourth be with you).

Thank you in advance! Should you accept the challenge you'll be forever in my debt and I shall repay in full.
                Last edited by Falcon Horus; 01 May 2014, 04:35 PM.

Comment

I am looking for a second grammar beta-reader (kind of a backup for my existing one who has very little time at the moment) for my story Stargate Aschen. It is a Sam/Jack romance, but also features most of the other characters and lots of adventure. (To be fair, up to now it has been more adventure than romance, but I will still keep calling it that to be on the safe side ) The first 28 chapters are already online, and there are about 20 more coming.

My problems are mostly grammar, spelling and punctuation. Anybody interested should be willing to read and beta MA-rated chapters, since we are approaching those in the story. Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if it was only a couple of chapters!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kimberley Jackson View Post
                    I am looking for a second grammar beta-reader (kind of a backup for my existing one who has very little time at the moment) for my story Stargate Aschen. It is a Sam/Jack romance, but also features most of the other characters and lots of adventure. (To be fair, up to now it has been more adventure than romance, but I will still keep calling it that to be on the safe side ) The first 28 chapters are already online, and there are about 20 more coming.

My problems are mostly grammar, spelling and punctuation. Anybody interested should be willing to read and beta MA-rated chapters, since we are approaching those in the story. Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if it was only a couple of chapters!
                    I'd sign on for a couple, whether as a copy editor or more generally.

Strengths: I've worked as a technical copy editor (BS Mechanical Engineering) on top of my other writing (BA Political Science). Military, and I know my physics and engineering and have an above-layperson grasp of politics and global studies. I've coached/tutored both writing and engineering, so I have some experience with explanations as well. Within fiction, my "beginner's luck" specialty appears to be angst and possibly internal dialogue.

Weaknesses: Tutoring aside, a lot of my 'basic' physics, engineering, and military (Air Force) knowledge is subconscious. I'm probably better beta-ing for a layperson in these subjects (as opposed to another military engineer). I'm also a fiction rookie, complete with the normal dearths in character voice/characterization.

Won't Do: I am not the person you want reviewing pro-Mitchell or Anti-Sam (Stargate) fics. I doubt I could do slash (I'm Sam/Jack, Janet/Daniel, though ship is unnecessary). Other than that, I'll eat just about anything. Any rating, any warnings.

Prefer: I'm a Sam fan, original team-er, and a full-spectrum SJ shipper. Action, drama, angst, fluff, anything. Anything Carter, anything original team or part thereof (Jonas is ok). SG-1 is all I know well, but SGA's good too.

PM for +PG-13: Sure.
                    sigpic
                    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Less looking for a beta but an all 'round reviewer for my virtual spin off series (someone to give me general reactions ect).

sigpic
                      Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                      https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Never had any luck finding a beta this way, but no harm in trying...

I need a beta for my femslash exchange entry.

It's Elizabeth/Teyla established relationship, possibly a hint of Laura/Kate although I could be seeing too much into it. It's general PG-stuff, and there's a flag to be captured.

I need the fic back by friday evening the latest, preferably my time (GMT+1).

Comment

I wouldn't be too hot with characterization (I've only seen Atlantis once) but I could look it over for spelling and grammar, if that would be helpful.
                          Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                            I wouldn't be too hot with characterization (I've only seen Atlantis once) but I could look it over for spelling and grammar, if that would be helpful.
                            Spelling and grammar would be brilliant.

I'll send you a PM.

Comment

Here I am - again... This time I have a general SGA fic, set somewhere season 2-ish (or 3-ish, or somewhere in the middle of it). Elizabeth Weir is the central character.

Shoot me a PM if interested. It's my entry for SGA_santa so timing is of the essence, as in the deadline is december 10.

Found a beta.
                              However, thank you MonicaL for shooting a PM, even if you didn't get the job. It was much appreciated nonetheless.
                              Last edited by Falcon Horus; 08 December 2014, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Hi everyone! I'm looking for a beta reader to check out my work I've written. I've written a Daniel/Original Character fiction novel. Daniel meets and intriguing woman and discovers a mystery.

I also wrote two more books, making it a trilogy, but it's the first story I'd like to have a beta for. If anyone's interested, please let me know! I'm also at fanfiction.net...
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8632058...Second-Chances
                                Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
                                (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Working...
                                X