This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Considering I don't normally write them unless I'm feeling really confident or can see it, that makes two of us.
    I'll keep you in mind.

Also thanks for the feedback on that first one -- haven't had time to check it over but hopefully tonight. The others are still unwritten -- also no time for writing was had. I'm back at work.
    The ship worked for me.
    Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

I know that this is the thread for betas, and I've been looking for a beta to my story for a long time now. Many people know I've written a story or two or three, but because my stories are 'alternate universe' stories, or maybe because they're romance stories (to an extent), they don't want to read them. Those that did read them, have told me they read like 'Mary Sue' types of stories. I am not sure. All I know is that I just started writing, and out came these stories. So I am looking for someone willing to read my stories and give me an HONEST answer. Even if it means starting from scratch and rewriting everything. Is there anyone here willing to help a fellow writer out????
      Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
      (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
        I know that this is the thread for betas, and I've been looking for a beta to my story for a long time now. Many people know I've written a story or two or three, but because my stories are 'alternate universe' stories, or maybe because they're romance stories (to an extent), they don't want to read them. Those that did read them, have told me they read like 'Mary Sue' types of stories. I am not sure. All I know is that I just started writing, and out came these stories. So I am looking for someone willing to read my stories and give me an HONEST answer. Even if it means starting from scratch and rewriting everything. Is there anyone here willing to help a fellow writer out????
        Did they say why the character(s) came off as Mary Sues?

you may have to change a lot, but I'm willing to help over discord or google docs

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

No, WraithRichard, they didn't. I haven't learned that much, but I'm willing to rewrite the whole thing if necessary.
          Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
          (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Hi everyone. I am looking for a beta for my first fan fic. I am not a native english speaker, that´s why I would need somebody who could correct my mistakes. Different suggestions and opinions are welcome. Thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by AmFor View Post
              Hi everyone. I am looking for a beta for my first fan fic. I am not a native english speaker, that´s why I would need somebody who could correct my mistakes. Different suggestions and opinions are welcome. Thank you very much
              Might want to add the subject, possible pairing, and rating...

I'm a non-native speaker so can't help with grammar/spelling (my native language is Dutch -- Flemish).
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It is S/J fanfic- romantic, I am not sure about rating but would say K+? and the story- what could have happened after Beneath the surface episode.

Comment

Originally posted by AmFor View Post
                  It is S/J fanfic- romantic, I am not sure about rating but would say K+? and the story- what could have happened after Beneath the surface episode.
                  If you're still looking someone to beta your work, I might be able to squeeze in some time.

Comment

Bored. Anyhtihng I can beta that isn't pure romance ?

Comment

Hello! I had just written a very action-heavy chapter in something. And I was wondering if there is anyone who could help critique it for me. There were a lot of tactics involved and I just want to make sure that no one does a stupid.

sigpic
                      Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                      https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Working...
                      X