Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello! I'm looking for a beta for the story I'm currently working on (Subjective Point of View). It's an AU version of "Point of View" with the premise that Dr. Carter brought her 13 year old daughter through the Quantum Mirror. I'm looking for someone who can catch typos, help me with characterization as well as give me advice and suggestions for the story itself. It's my first time writing SG-1 fanfiction, and I would really appreciate someone who can make sure I'm not making a mess of things!

I'd like my beta to look at the six chapters I've already posted (I am more than willing to edit/reupload them if needed!) as well as the future chapters.

Thank you!

Comment

Hello, I'm looking for a general purpose Beta, grammar, spelling, along with suggestions and critique on the story.

Currently have three chapters 1.9K words each. Probably be done via googledoc or dropbox.

[STORY]

Comment

I'm in the last read-thru stage of my first Atlantis fanfic (I've written for other franchises in the past) and am about ready for a beta. "Flight Suit", which is the first of an envisioned trilogy of AU stories involving a new recurring character and will basically re-write portions of season five, starting with E.2 - "The Seed". The stories will revolve around Sheppard and the new character.

Story number-one is slightly over 100 pages and I need less a spelling/grammar check (thank you MS Word!) and more of a check of characterization, Atlantis back-story/science detail, and general story integrity - as well as making sure my commas don't take on a life of their own!

It's rated PG, or possibly PG-13 - if "dammit" is considered a swear word.

Communication will be done via PM's (or emails, if you prefer) and Box.com.

Beth

Comment

I can help out with characterization and/or continuity.

My native language is Dutch, so spelling and grammar is not my thing for beta'ing.

I work full-time and I'm still in the process of emptying boxes from my recent move, so timewise I can squeeze it in but 100 pages will take me a few days. I can read it during my trainrides too, I guess.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Way ahead of time, I come in and post a beta request (as of yet, the fic isn't written so you know, way ahead of time):

Which Stargate: Stargate Atlantis
            Pairing: Het - Lorne/Cadman
            (Other) Characters: no specifics yet (will update this)
            Rating: General audiences or PG-13
            Wordcount: minimum of 1000 words
            Due date for posting: start of december

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Way ahead of time, I come in and post a beta request (as of yet, the fic isn't written so you know, way ahead of time):

Which Stargate: Stargate Atlantis
              Pairing: Het - Lorne/Cadman
              (Other) Characters: no specifics yet (will update this)
              Rating: General audiences or PG-13
              Wordcount: minimum of 1000 words
              Due date for posting: start of december
              If you still need a beta I can help. Shoot me a private message via the forum.

Monica
              Monica Zelenka lover since 2004! RDA fan since 1985! Lorne fan since 2003!
              sigpic
              Lady Pandora
              Atlantis Series: Retrospective Ruminations Unexpected

Comment

Originally posted by MonicaL View Post
                If you still need a beta I can help. Shoot me a private message via the forum.
                PM sent. Thank you.

Comment

Hey, I have a story that I need to post before 21st December and I really need a beta

It's gen, Elizabeth centric and the only other main characters involved are John Sheppard, Teyla Emmagan and Ronon Dex. Rating is around PG/PG-13 and it's untitled so idea are very welcome!!

Story is on Google drive at the moment so if you just want access please just let me know an Email address

Thanks.

Comment

Offered my services on LL_Listener.

Comment

Hard to find a beta, but trying it anyway.

I have a couple of short ficlets, barely 350 words each (give or take a few), which require a bit of beta'ing. I'm not a native speaker so I'm bound to make mistakes. And yes, there's a deadline of sorts (preferably be posting them before the 6th of January).

Stargate Atlantis
                      1) Kate/Teyla - PG-13 - 359 words
                      2) John/Rodney - PG-13 - 350 words

Primeval
                      1) Emily/Jess - PG-13 - 371 words

BETA FOUND
                      Last edited by Falcon Horus; 02 January 2016, 02:13 AM.

Comment

I'm looking for a beta for an agsty S/J fic I'm writing. I'm looking for someone to bounce ideas off of as well as finding any mistakes? The mistakes you will find would probably be the odd grammar one here and there.
                        I love to write about the complicated relationship that Sam and Jack have from both of their POV, this one is mainly from Sam's analysing how much easier it would have been for her if she'd fallen in love with Daniel. I used to write S/J but my job has kind of stopped my creativity due to the time it takes up. Really desperate to get back into it and have 1,000 words of a fic written. I would really appreciate a fellow S/J fan who enjoys angst offering a helping hand.

Thank you!

Happy new year! Xx

Comment

Okay, gonna try this yet again, even though I had no responses last time either... what's the point of this thread if no one's gonna reply... *shrug*

Looking for a beta to go over a short ficlet - less than 350 words.
                          Fandom: Stargate Atlantis
                          Pairing & Characters: Evan Lorne/David Parrish, established relationship
                          Rating: G

Anyone?
                          Spelling + grammar as I'm not a native speaker.

BETA FOUND
                          Last edited by Falcon Horus; 16 January 2016, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Me again...

Any takers for a short fic - hardly a page long:

Wordcount: 395

Fandom: Stargate Atlantis
                            Pairing & Characters: John Sheppard/Elizabeth Weir (established relationship), Teyla Emmagan/Kate Heightmeyer (hints of a relationship in progress), Laura Cadman, Rodney McKay
                            Rating: PG-13

Spelling + grammar as I'm not a native speaker.

BETA FOUND - not in this thread
                            Last edited by Falcon Horus; 08 June 2016, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Hi

I'm looking for someone with medical knowledge who could look over a scene for accuracy for me, please. Will be around 1500 or so words. Thanks.
                              My Fanfiction - http://archiveofourown.org/works/sea...icted%5D=false

Comment

Originally posted by PuddleJ View Post
                                I'm looking for someone with medical knowledge who could look over a scene for accuracy for me, please. Will be around 1500 or so words. Thanks.
                                You could also try the Fic help thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X