This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
    Glad y'all like. Let's spread the word, shall we?
    yes; let's do that when we find a fanfic author who might benefit by sharing their story on this thread to find a suitable beta (or betas) :-) great palce to start if they haven't found betas elsewhere!
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Greetings all! I was pointed here from the SPN forum. I'm looking for an SPN beta, mostly to help with my random addiction to commas and getting the 'voice' right. I don't do Wincest, but have been known to dabble in the het PWP from time to time. Please let me know if anyone is available to reign me in keep on topic...and if you'd like to know what you're getting yourself into first, feel free to check out my Farscape fanfic over at fanfiction.net to get a sense of my style.

Peace,
      birthsister
      sigpic
      Respect the delicate ecology of your delusions.
      --Angels in America

Comment

It occurs to me that this subforum could use a thread specifically for people who are either looking for beta readers or offering their services as a beta reader. So here it is.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
        sigpic
        now also appearing on DeviantArt
        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

This is a great idea!

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
          Sig & Avi by Josi
          sigpic
          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
          I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Um, there is one already?
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I remembered there being one but it isn't stickied and I couldn't find it, so rather than hunt around I just made a new one and asked for it to be stickied. I can ask the moderators to merge the threads if you feel that should happen.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
              Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Yay! Merged threads for the win. Thanks, Baggie!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

I'm looking for a beta reader if some one got the time. My stories are romantic Jack/Sam. My weakness is spelling, gramma and punchel. If some one who got time on there hands send me a message on here or through fan fiction web site please.
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/76348-Beta-reader

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1000372/ALIMOO1971
                  http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1000372/ALIMOO1971
                  JACK & SAM O'NEILL 4 EVA

Comment

Sorry, Alimoo! With NaNo coming up next month and November already being busy on the personal side, too (birthdays, anniversaries, a trip up north to help my folks for a few days, etc), Thanksgiving (I usually get to hostess), work getting busier (I'm in direct sales and will be flat out between now and Christmas), and new responsibilities with my RWA (which bring new expectations, at least from me), I am just not going to have the time. I wish you the best of luck, though.

Can you tell us a little more about your work? You say they're romance, with Jack/Sam--are they sweet, innocent romances, dark romances, suspense, whump, erotica, what? What's the average length of your chapters? I know that's hard to pin-point, but we all tend toward a certain length--mine usually run 2K words up to around 3K, for example. Are they novel-length or novellas, ficlets or flash fics or drabbles or what?
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

I'll put myself out here as a beta:

I'm pretty much up for anything, whether it be military related, science, mythology, rough translations of older languages*, proof reading, editing**, etc. I also don't mind helping out with graphic scenes of violence and torture. I'm not, however, any good at romance, and it's best not to give me any of that. I have no experience whatsoever in that field .

* I have access to Sumerian, Hittite, Old Norse (specifically, Old Icelandic) and Gothic dictionaries. My grammar really isn't brilliant, and it takes a long time to translate even basic sentences, so I'd much prefer to just translate individual words, but I'm up for the challenge if it's needed.

** You'll most likely get this anyway, unless you specifically request me not to.

Comment

Thanks, Cahir! I may have someone for you who needs a beta, unless she's found one in the meantime. Wonderful of you to step up.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                        Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

No problem, Whytewytch. I always enjoy helping other people out with their writing.

Comment

I'm looking for a replacement beta reader for my SGA story "The World Goes On". My main one has gone UA or AWOL, however you want to put it. There is a link to it under my sig, it's the second one. PM me if interested.
                            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Hi, I'm looking for a beta (or two) for a couple of projects.

I've got a Stargate multi-chapter fic in progress, as I've posted I've had a couple of issues raised. My main problem is, I think, getting the American voice correct. I'm from the UK and need help making sure my word choices and terms are correct, in both the dialogue and description. There's the usual quick glance on the spelling and punctuation needed but on the whole I'm usually fairly good with that, it's usually silly mistakes and typing errors, more than anything else.

I've also got a Sanctuary fic in progress, but unposted. It looks like its going to take the format of stand alone stories/memories, posted as a collection.

I've had a look on ffnet (the only place I've posted so far) but I don't really recognize any of those registered as beta's, and am a little nervous about asking anyone directly. If anyone is willing to beta for me for either project, or even just take a look at what I've written to see if they would be interested, it would be very much appreciated.
                              Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                              If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Hey, there, never! Check your visitor messages. Maybe we can help each other.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X