Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Miracle Day; all Humans, or all Humans on Earth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Miracle Day; all Humans, or all Humans on Earth?

Jack stated in the first episode, "Now I'm just a regular Human" But, he also said that he returned to Earth as a result of the email mentioning Torchwood, meaning he was likely still off-world when the whole event went down. Does this mean that it is a temporal event affecting all Humans regardless of location (maybe even those time-travelling from this time? AKA AMY/Rory) Or is it a localized, planetary event that Jack just happened to be on the planet for?
    sigpic

They haven't said, yet, all we have is pure speculation.

Comment

Given Torchwood's Earth-centric mode of storytelling, I think we can safely assume that the Miracle is confined to our little blue marble.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

During the early 21st Century isn't this sort of a moot point?

The Doctor's companion(s) might be elsewhere and whether through time\distance or shielding from the TARDIS I don't think they'd be impacted or the Doctor would return to investigate!
        sigpic

Comment

Jack probably showed up before miracle day. Keep in mind that the CIA were looking into Torchwood before the Miracle happend.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

If it's a result of a morphic field as Jack speculated, then Jack's location at the time of the miracle is irrelevant. As soon as he came to Earth, he'd fall under its influence.

Comment

That's a very good point, I hadn't considered that.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                Jack probably showed up before miracle day. Keep in mind that the CIA were looking into Torchwood before the Miracle happend.
                You sure, I thought it all started at the same time...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

So think that means if Jack leaves Earth, he will return to "normal"?

And whatever has happened has to be very powerful to override something done by the time vortex itself, making him "a fixed point in space and time"
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X