This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is Anubis really?

I heard of a friend a while back (about the time Anubis returned) and I'm sure I remember reading it somewhere else as well; that Anubis is actually Apophis. If it is true from what I read about it when Apophis's ship crashed he accended proir to it's destruction.

I haven't heard anything more on this so I'm starting to think that it's probably bull unless we find out at the end of season 8. Kinda why I posted it here on the off chance someone else might have heard this and maybe know for sure if it's true or not.

What would be the point in Apophis pretending to be Anubis and attempting to rejoin the system lords, when Anubis had been outlawed by the system lords and Apophis had not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dinoflo
      What would be the point in Apophis pretending to be Anubis and attempting to rejoin the system lords, when Anubis had been outlawed by the system lords and Apophis had not?

I wasn't making a statement I was asking a question maybe you should read what people say more carefully before responding.

All I can think of is perhaps by assuming the role of Anubis and coming back from the dead might make him seem more god like and all powerful in the eyes of the other goa'uld/jaffa or something silly like that. Besides he is at war with the system lords so being outlawed by them is quite irrelevant.

Comment

He wouldve just came back as Apophis. He was already winning against the Gould and he is quite arrogant. he would not need to call himself something else.

No, Anubis is Anubis.
        The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father

Comment

Originally posted by Fox McCloud
          He wouldve just came back as Apophis. He was already winning against the Gould and he is quite arrogant. he would not need to call himself something else.

No, Anubis is Anubis.
          That's what I thought when I first heard this, seems like a pointless plot twist that would make people go "wow" at first then "hey...wait a second"

Comment

You asked a question, and I gave a peice of evidence which I considered to be relevent. Since I don't acctualy know if Anubis is realy Apophis, I couldn't give an answer.

But on that note, I read somewhere that the actor who played Anubis up untill "The Lost City" also played Sokar, so possibly thats where the roumer started?

On annother note, why doesn't Anubis pronounce his name properly? Surley you need to spell it Anoobis, or pronounce it Annuhbis?

Comment

Spoiler for "Threads" and "Enemies" :
              Spoiler:
              Anubis went to Kheb in order to ascend. If Apophis survived after the ship exploding in "Enemies", the Replicators survived too and I doubt he went to Kheb with the Replicators all around him.

Concerning the actor David Palffy, he played Sokar and Anubis but there is no link between both. There are other actors who played several characters. For instance, Dion Johnstone played Captain Nelson in "Rules of engagement", Na'onak in "Jolinar's Memories", an alien in Foothold, the Unas Chaka, Lieutenant Tyler in "The Fifth Man", the Okta'ur Wodan in "Metamorphosis" and Warrick Trevor in "Forsaken".

Comment

But on that note, I read somewhere that the actor who played Anubis up untill "The Lost City" also played Sokar, so possibly thats where the roumer started?
                The actor who played Sokar only did the voice of Anubis, kinda like how Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson) does the voice of Thor, so I don't think there's any significance in the link.

Comment

Anubis is old man Smithers, the creepy old janitor from Ra's old palace.
                  Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                  - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by chanvw
                    The actor who played Sokar only did the voice of Anubis, kinda like how Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson) does the voice of Thor, so I don't think there's any significance in the link.
                    No, David Palffy really played Anubis. I saw a photo showing David Palffy with a green head in order to allow computer processing in "Full Circle" :
                    http://www.gateworld.net/articles/in...palffy02.shtml

Comment

Apophis and Anubis are two different entities. Anubis ascended thousand of years ago, not in 2000 after the crash of Apophis's ship on Delmak. And remember that Oma left Kheb in season 3.

So, you're friend was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
                        Apophis and Anubis are two different entities. Anubis ascended thousand of years ago, not in 2000 after the crash of Apophis's ship on Delmak. And remember that Oma left Kheb in season 3.

So, you're friend was wrong.
                        Looks like it, he owes me a few beers over this but the ****er won't pay up cos he says it's not been proved otherwise yet

Comment

Originally posted by V-MAN
                          I heard of a friend a while back (about the time Anubis returned) and I'm sure I remember reading it somewhere else as well; that Anubis is actually Apophis. If it is true from what I read about it when Apophis's ship crashed he accended proir to it's destruction.

I haven't heard anything more on this so I'm starting to think that it's probably bull unless we find out at the end of season 8. Kinda why I posted it here on the off chance someone else might have heard this and maybe know for sure if it's true or not.
                          HELL NO THAT IS JUST DUMB

Comment

Originally posted by V-MAN

In stargate the movie, there was a jaffa named Anubis who served Ra. This dude was completely different from Anubis, the Goa'uld who is ascended. Anubis came back from the ascended thing hundreds of years ago and has been searching for Ancient tech and secrets while buidling up forces secretly. Apophis was alive during this time and had no clue about Anubis who probly ascended before Apophis even became a system lord.

anubis is way older and way more powerful than apophis who is also DEAD.

Comment

On annother note, why doesn't Anubis pronounce his name properly? Surley you need to spell it Anoobis, or pronounce it Annuhbis?
                              Um, if somebody showed me the word "Anubis" written down, I'd probably pronounce it as "Anoobis" as well.. Seems perfectly reasonable...
                              The Unknown James

Comment

Working...
                              X