Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34
  1. #1
    Colonel RealmOfX's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seeking a new reality!
    Posts
    7,640

    Default Possible Third X-Files Movie

    Chris Carter Discusses A Third ‘X-Files’ Movie

    Chris Carter discussed the possibility of a third movie during a charity event this weekend. See article for details.
    -

  2. #2
    John Diggle DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    19,126
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

  3. #3
    General the fifth man's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.
    Posts
    34,121

    Default Re: Possible Third X-Files Movie

    I would love a third film.

    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

  4. #4
    Lieutenant Colonel selene0789's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Location
    getting sucked into the black hole that is PS
    Posts
    3,071

    Default Re: Possible Third X-Files Movie

    ANYTHING to erase the memories of the latest movie from my mind. That movie was horribly awful. I didn't even think it could qualify as an X-Files movie. It was like watching one of those "20 yrs later" reels where everyone is fat and unhappy and unfulfilled. Not that anyone was literally fat.

    Anyone else know what I mean? Feel free to chime in

  5. #5
    Colonel Flyboy's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: Possible Third X-Files Movie

    Quote Originally Posted by selene0789 View Post
    ANYTHING to erase the memories of the latest movie from my mind. That movie was horribly awful. I didn't even think it could qualify as an X-Files movie. It was like watching one of those "20 yrs later" reels where everyone is fat and unhappy and unfulfilled. Not that anyone was literally fat.

    Anyone else know what I mean? Feel free to chime in
    Felt like a pretty good bigger budget MOTW ep to me...


    "Five Rounds Rapid"




  6. #6
    General Linda06's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland, the best Country in the world
    Posts
    26,721

    Default Re: Possible Third X-Files Movie

    If this is true I hope it's better than the last effort.


  7. #7
    General the fifth man's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.
    Posts
    34,121

    Default Re: Possible Third X-Files Movie

    I think another movie would be great. I would like to see Mulder and Scully at least one more time.

    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

  8. #8
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,680

    Default Re: Possible Third X-Files Movie

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
    Felt like a pretty good bigger budget MOTW ep to me...
    Exactly the problem with the movie. It plays out as a two-hour episode with a movie budget. When I first saw the movie on DVD, I felt like I was watching a thriller that should be starring Morgan Freeman. There was nothing in the movie (except for Mulder and Scully) that made it feel like The X Files at all. That, more than anything, was the film's greatest flaw.

  9. #9
    Colonel Flyboy's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: Possible Third X-Files Movie

    I disagree, I think a culture has developed where, if stuff isnt exploding, no one cares. Many XF eps were thrillers, not action, why cant the m
    ovie be?


    "Five Rounds Rapid"




  10. #10
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee -- America at it's best
    Posts
    645

    Default Re: Possible Third X-Files Movie

    Quote Originally Posted by selene0789 View Post
    ANYTHING to erase the memories of the latest movie from my mind. That movie was horribly awful. I didn't even think it could qualify as an X-Files movie. It was like watching one of those "20 yrs later" reels where everyone is fat and unhappy and unfulfilled. Not that anyone was literally fat.

    Anyone else know what I mean? Feel free to chime in
    Agreed.

  11. #11
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,680

    Default Re: Possible Third X-Files Movie

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
    I disagree, I think a culture has developed where, if stuff isnt exploding, no one cares. Many XF eps were thrillers, not action, why cant the movie be?
    I didn't say anything about stuff exploding. I simply said that the movie didn't feel like an X Files movie. Pluck out Mulder and Scully, replace them with new characters... you've got the exact same movie. That's a problem, that's why I was bored with it. It felt like a generic science-fiction thriller that just happened to feature Mulder and Scully. It doesn't need to be a special effects extravaganza, but it should have incorporated more elements from the X Files world than three characters.

  12. #12
    Brigadier General Thunderstorm's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    8,087

    Default Re: Possible Third X-Files Movie

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman37 View Post
    I didn't say anything about stuff exploding. I simply said that the movie didn't feel like an X Files movie. Pluck out Mulder and Scully, replace them with new characters... you've got the exact same movie. That's a problem, that's why I was bored with it. It felt like a generic science-fiction thriller that just happened to feature Mulder and Scully. It doesn't need to be a special effects extravaganza, but it should have incorporated more elements from the X Files world than three characters.
    Exactly. Only for me it was not even a good generic scifi movie. I think they had about 1/2 hr of interesting story in their that might have made a decent Outer Limits episode. But they tried to stretch it into a movie and it fell apart.

    Forget the 10 yrs later crap, set the movie before last ep of season 7, make it a 2 hr episode like the 1st movie, starring Mulder and Scully and you'll get me interested.


    To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

    From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

  13. #13
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,680

    Default Re: Possible Third X-Files Movie

    How do you propose the actors look as they did in 2000?

  14. #14
    Lieutenant Colonel selene0789's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Location
    getting sucked into the black hole that is PS
    Posts
    3,071

    Default Re: Possible Third X-Files Movie

    They could try breaching the time-space paradox. If they felt like trying to mimic the SG-1 model, Scully could see Mulder die somehow, go back in time, then in the past prevent him from being abducted by aliens or whatever in Season... what was it? I stopped watching because that was where I heard the show stopped being good.

    It worked for SG-1 in Continuum, but let's face it, that's kinda a lofty goal. How about something simple like... Following up with David Arquette and the trailer park vampires. That was a fantastically hilarious episode. Loved it.

    Besides, vamps are all the rage nowadays, aren't they? The tween crowd could be re-introduced to REAL sci-fi/fantasy.

  15. #15
    Robin Masters shipper hannah's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,343

    Default Re: Possible Third X-Files Movie

    I love the idea of more X-Files.. but can it be pulled off?

    The last film wasn't bad, but it was an average MOTW episode with more time and a bigger budget. On the other hand.. you can't drag up the old mythology again because it was already so complicated by the end and ten years has passed since. It would be nice if they'd revisit it for the December 2012 date, but I don't think that's very feasible.

  16. #16
    Colonel Flyboy's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: Possible Third X-Files Movie

    Quote Originally Posted by shipper hannah View Post
    I love the idea of more X-Files.. but can it be pulled off?

    The last film wasn't bad, but it was an average MOTW episode with more time and a bigger budget. On the other hand.. you can't drag up the old mythology again because it was already so complicated by the end and ten years has passed since. It would be nice if they'd revisit it for the December 2012 date, but I don't think that's very feasible.
    Actually... when it boiled down to it... the mythology was VERY simple.

    The most complicated element was in fact the life-cycle of the Greys, because they contradicted themselves and offered two seperate explanations. Either you believe Well Manicured Man - that the Greys are a natural part of the life cycle of the black oil. Or, Marita Coverubias, that the black oil has infected most every life form in the universe. Including the greys, bar the Faceless Aliens...

    There are inconsistencies on both side, but it can be matched up.

    Beyond that... the invasion is coming in 2012 the Consortium pretended to work with the aliens, in order to stop them.


    "Five Rounds Rapid"




  17. #17
    First Lieutenant Galileo_Galilee's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    697

    Default Re: Possible Third X-Files Movie

    I can tell you this is one movie that would never be aired by the CW. They're just too old, and doesn't have the right metrosexual look.

  18. #18
    Colonel Flyboy's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: Possible Third X-Files Movie

    Quote Originally Posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
    I can tell you this is one movie that would never be aired by the CW. They're just too old, and doesn't have the right metrosexual look.
    Hush your mouth!

    Gillian Anderson is still as foxy as ever!

    johnny_english_2_anderson.jpg


    "Five Rounds Rapid"




  19. #19
    Colonel
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,933

    Default Re: Possible Third X-Files Movie

    It's not so much that the latest film was bad, it just seemed like a really... almost 'trivial' plot considering the fact that they were bringing it back after so long. I expected it to be much more on an epic event than what was basically just a run-of-the-mill X-Files type story.

  20. #20
    First Lieutenant Galileo_Galilee's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    697

    Default Re: Possible Third X-Files Movie

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
    Hush your mouth!

    Gillian Anderson is still as foxy as ever!

    johnny_english_2_anderson.jpg
    Oh PSHAW!

    That's just a clone. With a lot of reconstructive surgery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. The Ex-Files (408)
    By Madwelshboy in forum Season Four Episodes
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: September 19th, 2011, 04:42 PM
  2. New X-files Movie
    By Anubis21 in forum Stargate: Continuum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: May 20th, 2008, 07:16 AM
  3. sgc files
    By subiman in forum SG-1 Characters & Relationships
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 6th, 2006, 03:41 AM
  4. .gif files anyone?
    By mburrows in forum Stargate Fandom
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 17th, 2005, 08:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •