Possible Third X-Files Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shipper hannah View Post
    I love the idea of more X-Files.. but can it be pulled off?

The last film wasn't bad, but it was an average MOTW episode with more time and a bigger budget. On the other hand.. you can't drag up the old mythology again because it was already so complicated by the end and ten years has passed since. It would be nice if they'd revisit it for the December 2012 date, but I don't think that's very feasible.
    Actually... when it boiled down to it... the mythology was VERY simple.

The most complicated element was in fact the life-cycle of the Greys, because they contradicted themselves and offered two seperate explanations. Either you believe Well Manicured Man - that the Greys are a natural part of the life cycle of the black oil. Or, Marita Coverubias, that the black oil has infected most every life form in the universe. Including the greys, bar the Faceless Aliens...

There are inconsistencies on both side, but it can be matched up.

Beyond that... the invasion is coming in 2012 the Consortium pretended to work with the aliens, in order to stop them.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I can tell you this is one movie that would never be aired by the CW. They're just too old, and doesn't have the right metrosexual look.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
        I can tell you this is one movie that would never be aired by the CW. They're just too old, and doesn't have the right metrosexual look.
        Hush your mouth!

Gillian Anderson is still as foxy as ever!

johnny_english_2_anderson.jpg

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

It's not so much that the latest film was bad, it just seemed like a really... almost 'trivial' plot considering the fact that they were bringing it back after so long. I expected it to be much more on an epic event than what was basically just a run-of-the-mill X-Files type story.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
            Hush your mouth!

Gillian Anderson is still as foxy as ever!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31962[/ATTACH]
            Oh PSHAW!

That's just a clone. With a lot of reconstructive surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
              Oh PSHAW!

That's just a clone. With a lot of reconstructive surgery.
              Still hot.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Not.

Comment

If there's another X-Files movie, by all means, I'll go see it, but I honestly think they should leave "well enough" alone. The series was fantastic (until they cut Mulder) and even then it was okay. Scully and Mulder had this amazing chemistry unlike possibly any other pair on television and that's what made the series awesome.

The latest film seemed like they were just trying to milk the franchise. I didn't feel anything. It felt dry and lifeless. The chemistry seemed gone. It was a good run, but those two have always shone brightest on the small screen. I won't whine if we don't get a third film.

Comment

Originally posted by CMWriter View Post
                    If there's another X-Files movie, by all means, I'll go see it, but I honestly think they should leave "well enough" alone. The series was fantastic (until they cut Mulder) and even then it was okay. Scully and Mulder had this amazing chemistry unlike possibly any other pair on television and that's what made the series awesome.
                    I'm guessing Scully/Doggett and later Doggett/Reyes (with Scully in the background) didn't work for you? I liked the new agents. It was also cool to have a the male agent as the skeptic and the female agent as the believer, a nice reversal there.

The latest film seemed like they were just trying to milk the franchise. I didn't feel anything. It felt dry and lifeless. The chemistry seemed gone. It was a good run, but those two have always shone brightest on the small screen. I won't whine if we don't get a third film.
                    I felt the same way, but I blame the writing more than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                      I'm guessing Scully/Doggett and later Doggett/Reyes (with Scully in the background) didn't work for you? I liked the new agents. It was also cool to have a the male agent as the skeptic and the female agent as the believer, a nice reversal there.
                      Nope, wasn't really a big fan of Doggett. I mean, he was interesting, but after seven seasons of Mulder I found it really hard to transition. I like stability. Yes, the role reversal of sorts was a neat twist, but still...

I felt the same way, but I blame the writing more than anything else.
                      Maybe directing, too. I'll have to go rewatch I Want to Believe and try to figure out just what went wrong for me.

Comment

I really liked I Want To Believe (much more than that series finale) and I wouldn't mind another movie
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

As far as I am concerned, until the third movie is made to show the invasion, the series is incomplete and on a cliffhanger. It needs to be finished. Chris Carter owes us that much.

As for the 2nd movie, I only watched it once. It was okay, but it was not what I was hoping it would be.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                            As far as I am concerned, until the third movie is made to show the invasion, the series is incomplete and on a cliffhanger. It needs to be finished. Chris Carter owes us that much.
                            Bingo! I wouldn't say incomplete, Chris Carter ended it the way he wanted. However, I totally agree with the cliffhanger about the alien invasion.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                              Bingo! I wouldn't say incomplete, Chris Carter ended it the way he wanted. However, I totally agree with the cliffhanger about the alien invasion.
                              Well let me rephrase...The story is incomplete.
                              sigpic

Comment

Indeed, I'll agree with you on that. I'm still waiting for the 2012 alien invasion movie, but once 2012 has come and gone, if the movie hasn't happened... it probably won't. Duchovny and Anderson aren't getting any younger.

Comment

Working...
                                X