Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Third X-Files Movie

Chris Carter Discusses A Third ‘X-Files’ Movie

Chris Carter discussed the possibility of a third movie during a charity event this weekend. See article for details.
    -

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/3...ciation-Thread
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I would love a third film.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

ANYTHING to erase the memories of the latest movie from my mind. That movie was horribly awful. I didn't even think it could qualify as an X-Files movie. It was like watching one of those "20 yrs later" reels where everyone is fat and unhappy and unfulfilled. Not that anyone was literally fat.

Anyone else know what I mean? Feel free to chime in

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
          ANYTHING to erase the memories of the latest movie from my mind. That movie was horribly awful. I didn't even think it could qualify as an X-Files movie. It was like watching one of those "20 yrs later" reels where everyone is fat and unhappy and unfulfilled. Not that anyone was literally fat.

Felt like a pretty good bigger budget MOTW ep to me...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

If this is true I hope it's better than the last effort.
            sigpic

Comment

I think another movie would be great. I would like to see Mulder and Scully at least one more time.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                Felt like a pretty good bigger budget MOTW ep to me...
                Exactly the problem with the movie. It plays out as a two-hour episode with a movie budget. When I first saw the movie on DVD, I felt like I was watching a thriller that should be starring Morgan Freeman. There was nothing in the movie (except for Mulder and Scully) that made it feel like The X Files at all. That, more than anything, was the film's greatest flaw.

Comment

I disagree, I think a culture has developed where, if stuff isnt exploding, no one cares. Many XF eps were thrillers, not action, why cant the m
                  ovie be?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post

Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                      I disagree, I think a culture has developed where, if stuff isnt exploding, no one cares. Many XF eps were thrillers, not action, why cant the movie be?
                      I didn't say anything about stuff exploding. I simply said that the movie didn't feel like an X Files movie. Pluck out Mulder and Scully, replace them with new characters... you've got the exact same movie. That's a problem, that's why I was bored with it. It felt like a generic science-fiction thriller that just happened to feature Mulder and Scully. It doesn't need to be a special effects extravaganza, but it should have incorporated more elements from the X Files world than three characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                        I didn't say anything about stuff exploding. I simply said that the movie didn't feel like an X Files movie. Pluck out Mulder and Scully, replace them with new characters... you've got the exact same movie. That's a problem, that's why I was bored with it. It felt like a generic science-fiction thriller that just happened to feature Mulder and Scully. It doesn't need to be a special effects extravaganza, but it should have incorporated more elements from the X Files world than three characters.
                        Exactly. Only for me it was not even a good generic scifi movie. I think they had about 1/2 hr of interesting story in their that might have made a decent Outer Limits episode. But they tried to stretch it into a movie and it fell apart.

Forget the 10 yrs later crap, set the movie before last ep of season 7, make it a 2 hr episode like the 1st movie, starring Mulder and Scully and you'll get me interested.
                        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

How do you propose the actors look as they did in 2000?

Comment

They could try breaching the time-space paradox. If they felt like trying to mimic the SG-1 model, Scully could see Mulder die somehow, go back in time, then in the past prevent him from being abducted by aliens or whatever in Season... what was it? I stopped watching because that was where I heard the show stopped being good.

It worked for SG-1 in Continuum, but let's face it, that's kinda a lofty goal. How about something simple like... Following up with David Arquette and the trailer park vampires. That was a fantastically hilarious episode. Loved it.

Besides, vamps are all the rage nowadays, aren't they? The tween crowd could be re-introduced to REAL sci-fi/fantasy.

Comment

I love the idea of more X-Files.. but can it be pulled off?

The last film wasn't bad, but it was an average MOTW episode with more time and a bigger budget. On the other hand.. you can't drag up the old mythology again because it was already so complicated by the end and ten years has passed since. It would be nice if they'd revisit it for the December 2012 date, but I don't think that's very feasible.
                              sigpic
                              http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                              http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X