Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miracle Day : Isn't this something the Doctor would become involved in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miracle Day : Isn't this something the Doctor would become involved in?

I know with Children of the Earth and Miracle Day, they are going for a more Earth-centric story on how Humans might deal with this on their own. But it seems like these events would be so monumental that the Doctor would become aware of the somehow, whether it's Martha calling him back again, or reading in a future museum again that people couldn't die at this date on Earth. it even seems like something that Amy and Rory might be aware of at some point.
    sigpic

If the Doctor read about it, he'd be dealing with a fixed point in time. He couldn't interfere without creating a paradox. The Doctor rarely comes to a time and place on purpose, he just goes with the flow.

Comment

Kind of like "Blink"
      no means no, and so does pepper spray
      Sig by The Carpenter
      sigpic

Comment

If the Doctor read about it in a museum it would say something like "And for a while, human kind couldn't die, but then Torchwood fixed it", so he wouldn't bother

also, perhaps Martha, Amy and Rory ARE trying to get in touch with the Doctor, contacting a time traveller isn't easy maybe he'll turn up late again
        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Certainly in Marthas case she may find contacting him a little more difficult since his regeneration. The Doctor has a tendency to forget about his former companions after each incarnation. I'm fairly sure that mobile phone that he kept of martha's so she could contact him has now found its way into some storage cuboard somewhere.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
          X