Things you DO and DON'T want to see / happen in Season 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things you DO and DON'T want to see / happen in Season 4

I remember somebody starting a thread like this last year, and I thought it was a great idea and that we should have one for S4 too!

I haven't specified a number - just write a list of any length of things you do and don't want in S4

Do:
    * resolve S3 cliffhanger without disrupting the current timeline - I like Sanctuary and how it's been developed and I don't want to see any really major changes because of Helen's trip back in time e.g. character wise / history wise
    * more Tesla!!
    * more about Helen's childhood - I'm still so intrigued to learn more about her mother (did she die in childbirth? was there maybe an accident with an abnormal? does Helen remember anything about her?)
    * more Nikola/Helen interaction
    * more focus on Will - I think his character can be a little underused, and I used to like how we 'saw' what he was observing
    * I'd also love to see a 'christmas' episode or something similar - just seeing how they celebrate with so many abnormals, I bet those parties would be interesting

Don't:
    * John may have been Helen's first love, and he may still pine for her (in a somewhat obsessive manner), but I'm finding the angst between them monotonous now, I think it played a good part and made for a really interesting back story between the two characters but it's S4 and she really needs to move on IMO (although I get the impression that's happening a little now since the end of S3)
    * no more Will dying please - I get that he has a hard and dangerous job but he seems to get the short straw when it comes to getting injured/killed
    * I don't want revamped nikola to return to his previous obsession with world domination - I think his temporary mortality worked to really make him grow as a character and appreciate what he had, and perhaps make him a little more respectful (at least to Helen )
    sigpic
    ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

do -

*more helen!!

*more history on ALL our characters. i really want to know what makes them tick, and knowing their history helps. (and makes you feel a deeper connection to them)

*love interest for helen. with my tastes, i hope it's with a man.

*more tesla!

*more grieving for ashley.

don't -

*if helen's love interest is a woman, i don't want to see open mouthed kissing between them.

*don't make abby act like a cheerleader (when she's an fbi agent).

*don't make helen-less or helen-light episodes.

*don't kill off helen. ever. in any way. at any time. especially at the end of the series.

k, i think that's all.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Do:

*Have more John and Helen interaction. I'm a sucker for doomed romances.
      *Have Tesla steal another kiss. Helen's reaction would be funny.
      *Have more Henry/Kate/Biggie interaction. I love it
      *Develope Abby as something other than a blond perky cheerleader who happens to carry a gun.
      *Show will doing that 'thing' he does when he see's things out of place.
      *Bring in Teryl Rothery

Don't:
      *Kill any more main characters.
      *Bring back Ashley only to please the fans. She has to have a reason for showing up besides ratings.
      *have poinless episodes. Unless they involve Helen and John. Or Tesla.

sigpic

Comment

Do:

-more team-based shows ala Hangover
        -let Kate and/or Henry play a larger role in the season's main arc. One-offs like Bank Job or Animus are nice, but I'd like to see them better integrated into the main storylines.
        -mix-up pairings more, such as Helen/Kate, or let Druitt and Tesla interact with more than just mainly Helen.
        -give Abby some more balance/depth and more maturity to the Will/Abby relationship

Don't:

-play Helen's love interest as something unusual for her, this woman's been around for decades and has had many relationships, we're just finally going to get to see one
        -do any more 'date night gone wrong' episodes please, two last season was two too many
        -reset things after Tempus, let the events of S3 have a lasting impact on the show and characters
        -stop exploring new ways of telling stories, it may not always work but I like that they're willing to try

sigpic

Comment

i'm adding everyone one of your do/don't's to my list!

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
          Do:

-more team-based shows ala Hangover
          -let Kate and/or Henry play a larger role in the season's main arc. One-offs like Bank Job or Animus are nice, but I'd like to see them better integrated into the main storylines.
          -mix-up pairings more, such as Helen/Kate, or let Druitt and Tesla interact with more than just mainly Helen.
          -give Abby some more balance/depth and more maturity to the Will/Abby relationship

Don't:

-play Helen's love interest as something unusual for her, this woman's been around for decades and has had many relationships, we're just finally going to get to see one
          -do any more 'date night gone wrong' episodes please, two last season was two too many
          -reset things after Tempus, let the events of S3 have a lasting impact on the show and characters
          -stop exploring new ways of telling stories, it may not always work but I like that they're willing to try
          sally

sigpic

Comment

I'd love to see

A 'while the cat's away' type of episode...kinda hangover but maybe with a twist, the abbies at the sanctuary having an adventure while all the 'cool kids' are off doing theirs

abby being more than a love interest. Maybe a little more 'real'?

more stuff like hangover, in that it's a team episode, not just will and helen

More different pairings...i second that.

less

stuff like date night please

will dying...yeah, please, can he take a year off from the hereafter?
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Want: More Tesla! I agree that some love interest between Helen and Tesla would be awesome.

More Druitt. Can't get enough of him, either. I'd like to see more about his past, who he was before he became JTR. More development on his condition, too. I'd like to actually see an ep with Helen trying to free him from the energy being that is possessing him.
              More Praxis

Don't want:
              I agree with the above, more date night stuff just isn't necessary.

No more of Will dying. Enough is enough.
              Signature by Glitch33.
              sigpic
              Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Do -
                Definitely more, more Tesla (even if we already know that he may be only in 5 episodes)

Don't -
                Enough to hurt him. I'm really tired of all these bleeding wounds.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  do -

*more helen!!

*more grieving for ashley.

don't -

*don't kill off helen. ever. in any way. at any time. especially at the end of the series.
                  Yep, seconding those!

Originally posted by Emengee View Post
                  Do:
                  *Bring in Teryl Rothery

Don't:
                  *Bring back Ashley only to please the fans. She has to have a reason for showing up besides ratings.
                  *have poinless episodes. Unless they involve Helen and John. Or Tesla.

Would be nice to see Teryl guest star! Or Cliff Simon and I love your last one about 'pointless eps unless they involve Helen/John/Tesla'

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                  Do:

Don't:

Seconding

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  I'd love to see

abby being more than a love interest. Maybe a little more 'real'?
                  Yep I agree her character needs a bit more fleshing out.

Originally posted by BigBear View Post
                  Do -
                  Definitely more, more Tesla (even if we already know that he may be only in 5 episodes)
                  5 is a decent amount, but definitely would have liked more eps. with him in

Originally posted by Elorendil View Post
                  Want: More Tesla! I agree that some love interest between Helen and Tesla would be awesome.

More Druitt. Can't get enough of him, either. I'd like to see more about his past, who he was before he became JTR. More development on his condition, too.
                  Yay for Helen/Tesla love interest
                  Interesting idea to find out more about Druitt before he was JTR too...
                  sigpic

Comment

DO want to see:

* More Tesla
                    * Helen have smoking hot chemistry with her love interest
                    * More Watson (I would love it if they could find a way to get him back for more than flashbacks)
                    * More grieving for Ashley and have her appear in at least one episode
                    * More John Druitt
                    * More of Helen's father
                    * More background on the Big Guy
                    * Mixing up of the character interactions

DON'T want to see:

* Episodes that revolve heavily around the characters' dating lives
                    * Abby written as a total ditz-- if they want to keep this aspect of the character, then either show more of her as a competent agent or give us a reason to suspect that her ditzy act is just that... an act
                    * Any main/recurring character deaths -- although I like Kate, Ashley's death left a much bigger hole than I expected and she wasn't even one of my favorite characters
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Luciana

Comment

Want to see:

- More Tesla
                      - Tesla as her love interest
                      - Something about Helens mother
                      - seeing the vampire queen again

Don´t want to see:

- Killing of Helen or Tesla
                      - Some random love interest for Helen and please no woman, I can´t really imagine Helen with a women.

Comment

DO

-More of the Five, lots of Tesla
                        -Episodes that either focus on abnormals/ Helen's involvement in history a la Normandy
                        -More character interactions that don't focus on Helen/Will or Kate/Henry.
                        -More supporting characters, ie more heads of the Sanctuary Network for example
                        -Seeing the other Sanctuary staff other than the main cast
                        -Focus on story arcs rather than filler episodes
                        -Bring Ashley at least for one episode.
                        -More out of the box episodes like that
                        Spoiler:
                        musical episode they're doing

- Focus on the other cast rather than Will, Will, Will all the time
                        - Bring back Will's IQ back up to Season 1 levels

DON'T
                        - No more whiny Abby
                        - Have Will paired up with Magnus ALL the time.
                        - No major reset of Season 3 events with Tempus (I suspect that Praxis and Helen's father would be alive though)

Comment

I agree with a lot of what's already been said, so I'll just add to it a bit and make a few comments:

lastrequest:

* resolve S3 cliffhanger without disrupting the current timeline - I like Sanctuary and how it's been developed and I don't want to see any really major changes because of Helen's trip back in time e.g. character wise / history wise
                          * more Tesla!!
                          * more about Helen's childhood - I'm still so intrigued to learn more about her mother (did she die in childbirth? was there maybe an accident with an abnormal? does Helen remember anything about her?)
                          * more Nikola/Helen interaction
                          * I don't want revamped nikola to return to his previous obsession with world domination - I think his temporary mortality worked to really make him grow as a character .....
                          Yes, I would love more of Tesla and I love the chemistry between him and Helen. Season 3 added a lot to his character and I don't want to see him revert completely to his pre-devamping ways. I also want to know more about Helen and her mother and Helen's past history with Tesla, Druitt, and Watson.

majorsal

*more history on ALL our characters. i really want to know what makes them tick, and knowing their history helps. (and makes you feel a deeper connection to them)

*love interest for helen. with my tastes, i hope it's with a man
                          Agree.

Emengee
                          Don't
                          Totally agree... especially Helen, Nikola, or Henry. Or John either. For the rest of the series.

Evenstar
                          Don't do any more 'date night gone wrong' episodes please, two last season was two too many
                          I like mixing up the pairings too. I'd like to see Helen and Kate get into a fix and have to solve it without any other help. And it might be interesting to have Druitt and Tesla forced to work together and put aside their animosity and help each other out of a predicament.

And yes, please, let Will and Abby not act like adolescents. No more scenes like the end of Wingman. Having some fun is fine, but less giggliness and more grown-up woman and FBI agent might make me like her more.

Also:

DO continue character development on all the characters, not just Helen or Will. I like episodes where they center more on Tesla, Druitt, Henry, or even Kate and we get to learn something about them that gives the character more depth.

DO tell us more about The Five, especially how they got together, what happened to them after using the source blood and how this impacted their relationships and their lives. Also what did Tesla and Druitt do all those years between then and now -- fill in some more of the gaps.

DON'T have any more wrestling guest stars.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

I think a number of things i would like to see will happen based on some stuff I have read so don't read on if you are a spoilerphobe....

-Helen in Victorian England
                            -more of the 5-Telsa, Druitt, Watson, Griffin and, of course, Helen
                            -more of Adam
                            -more Helen kicking butt
                            -more of the Sanctuary team

Don't want

-anymore of Will's love life beyond a passing reference

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                              DO want to see:

* More Tesla
                              * Helen have smoking hot chemistry with her love interest
                              * More background on the Big Guy
                              Yes! *agrees enthusiastically*
                              And I really like Biggie, I think from a humour point of view as well... and I probably shouldn't but I just love watching him slap people

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
                              Want to see:

- More Tesla
                              - Tesla as her love interest
                              - Something about Helens mother
                              - seeing the vampire queen again
                              It does surprise me that we don't already know more about Helen's mother... apart from one (is it one?) passing reference I don't think Helen's ever even spoke about her?

Originally posted by blazingfire View Post
                              DO

-More out of the box episodes like that
                              Spoiler:
                              musical episode they're doing

- Bring back Will's IQ back up to Season 1 levels
                              Lmao, poor Will. Maybe he's been too distracted by all the young girls throwing themselves at him
                              Agree about out of the box episodes - re: spoiler -
                              Spoiler:
                              I'd also love to see something like the episode 'Hush' in BtVS - I think that would be interesting...

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                              I agree with a lot of what's already been said, so I'll just add to it a bit and make a few comments:

<snip>
                              I like mixing up the pairings too. I'd like to see Helen and Kate get into a fix and have to solve it without any other help. And it might be interesting to have Druitt and Tesla forced to work together and put aside their animosity and help each other out of a predicament.
                              Yes - it would be interesting to see Druitt & Tesla having to work together - although we have had a hint of that already (start of S2?) I think despite everything there is a strange sort of friendship underneath it where when things get dire they can help each other out.

DO tell us more about The Five, especially how they got together, what happened to them after using the source blood and how this impacted their relationships and their lives. Also what did Tesla and Druitt do all those years between then and now -- fill in some more of the gaps.
                              Yeah I'd like to know what Tesla was doing for 60 odd years

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              I think a number of things i would like to see will happen based on some stuff I have read so don't read on if you are a spoilerphobe....

-Helen in Victorian England
                              -more Helen kicking butt
                              Love the dresses she gets to wear - although start of S4 she's going to have to seriously change from her 21st C clothes or she'll stick out like a sore thumb
                              And deff. agree about Helen kicking butt - always good fun to watch that.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X